Chapter 01

My numb husband

 

Two weeks before, I told my mom to quicken the wedding and she was bewildered on my abrupt decision. I just told her it would be good if they don’t take it longer, though that’s not exactly the reason for it. I honestly have something else that I can’t tell of and I need this marriage to be done as soon as possible. I’m afraid if my future husband will change his mind in a last minute.

How this marriage is happened because it was started by a suggestion. Jung family which, Mr Jung himself announced that they wanted to marry his son with someone as soon as possible. Strangely, it was agreed by his son himself.

How am I ended up be their choice instead? It is because my father who are close friend with Mr. Jung, was the one coming out to offer me to be his friend son’s wife himself. Our father work under the same company for quite long time and honestly I only met him once or twice through the family event that they went together. I’m not the type to care much about my surrounded, so I don’t really know him, including his whole family, especially his son.

I remember at one night, when me, my parent and my two younger sisters were having a leisurely dinner in the dining room and out of the blue, my father opened the topic about his buddy in his office.

“He is looking a wife for his son” That was what had slipped off from my father’s mouth to my mom, which having my attention entirely where I have stopped talking with my two sisters.

“Are they just sold their son?” I suddenly butted in and earning a sharp glared by my mother. “Yang Seori, watch your mouth”

I grinned “Sorry”

My mom shook her head then turned to his husband again “How old he is?”

“I heard, he’s twenty five” My father said, chewing slow on his food.

“It’s a suitable age to get married anyway” My mom muttered, nodding. “But why they rush their son on a marriage if he particularly doesn’t have any girl to be his wife?” She added later on.

“That’s the problem, he didn’t tell me the reason” My father released a sigh before continuing, “And he wants me to help him on looking one for his son”

“Why don’t we let Seori Unnie get married with that guy, Dad” My first younger sister, Yang Suhee proposed to my parent. I choked the spicy stew in the mid-way I took a sip on it and cough endlessly. My second sister, Yang Sumi concernedly gave me a glass of water to help my sore throat and my tears were coming out as I drank it fleetly.

“Yah” I glanced at her hard, enlarging my eyes big.

Immediately my parent went silent for a second, exchanging their gaze before my father focused on me again, surprisingly asking “Do you?”

Something as if flick in my stomach and I blinked.

“Honey, she’s still young” My mother interrupted, slightly against the illogical idea that my younger sister had suggested. Her eyes watched over me in disagree but I was disoriented by it which I’d shut my mouth tight, wordless. It took me a thought for a second, but still I could not deciding it. I mean, that was pretty random. I bit down my lower lip, poking my cold meal in front of me.

Suddenly, my father released a realization sigh and shook his head in shame, he had gone a little far for it. Then, he looked at me with a small smile, opening his mouth again “Forget it, Seori-ah. You should not to be involved” He softly muttered.

I lifted my head up and just obediently nodded as I started to devour it with a jumbled mind.

Truly, I couldn't ignore it instead my mind started to think about it without my conscious.

Two nights after, I’ve wisely made up my mind and met my mom alone in my parent’s bedroom where my father was away. You don’t know how much the courageousness I have mustered within me to even tell her my agreement. It was not as simple as that. It’s between my future and life. I didn’t decide it for fun but it was for myself. I believed I’ve chosen the right path, the right choice for the sake of my life. I did awake of my age but it didn’t stop me either. I have to grab this opportunity since it was in front of me. Oh god! I’m sound unbelievably desperate, but trust me, I did the right thing.

Honestly speaking, I’ve never dated before. I never had a boyfriend and I’ve thought that I will never have one before. At one point, I started to worry about my future, especially after I’ve finished my high school and I didn’t continue to any collage yet and what the worst is I probably couldn’t have a change to have a man in my life. So, this is what I was trying to do. I did set my life goals before, and believing loving someone after marrying is the best goal I have listed. My heart was telling me this is going to be a blessing in disguise.

“Mom, I think I want to marry him” I clasped the pyjamas fabric on my lap with both of my hands, squeezing my eyes tight.

She gasped breathy with slightly opened mouth “Darling, You don’t have to. Your father was just joking. You should not take them so seriously”

Bravely, I met her glitter dark brown eyes under the light “I know, it’s sound slightly off and abrupt, but I’ve made up my mind that I will accept it the offer, Mom” I utter with the confidence risen inside of me. I didn’t know where was it coming from but I relieved I finally said it. Silently, I convinced myself this is what I wanted.

...

The ceremony went by so fast that I have to countless remind myself I'm not a single girl anymore. Now, I seriously have a husband and I will start my new life with my partner starting from now on. Just thinking at it, making me almost as if in a cloud nine dream.

Though, it's not as what as I have imagined. Jung Daehyun is not as what I've expected since the beginning. He has an amazing look, but he is too quiet so far. We personally have not had a proper conversation yet, the whole day we only served our guests faithfully but there's so least for our interaction. I remember the last words his mother had said to me before we left the venue together:

"My dear Seori-ah. I didn't expect I will get such a beautiful girl as my daughter in law. At first, I was not sure about you marrying our son, regarding how young you are for our eyes but looking at you for the first time, I believe you can guide him way better than us, dear. Please, bring him a light, he will do the same to you for sure. He is a good guy, trust me"

Half of it got me confused, but still I keep them well in my mind. She probably noticed the way his son had treated me so indifferent in the wedding hall a while ago which what I've considered about. I don't want to regret yet, maybe it's just the beginning.

The click sound snaps me up from my deep thought, as I watch Daehyun pulls in my two luggage I have brought from my house. I have not moved my things entirely to his place yet but will do that later when everything is under control. I follow Daehyun to get inside the apartment and the first thing that got my attention is his wide aquarium that sitting right at the corner with the wood couch beside it. The blue light is illuminating bright inside the transparent glass tank following by the variety type of appealing fishes and plants.

Daehyun flicks the switch on and all the lights come out which revealing an entire his living room. The decoration is so aesthetic and I'm absolutely amazed by that. The place is so cozy to live in and I don't see any dirt at all due to how clean the room is.

"280693"

I come back into my sense once I heard his voice, which clearly I didn't listen "Huh?"

He turns his head over his shoulder and meeting with my eyes "My password code is 280693"

It's taking me a few seconds before I realized he was talking about the door. My lips instantly forming into an 'O' shape "Thank you but, I already know that, your mother had told me before" I grin. I'm glad at the fact he noticed I was spacing out during he punched the password code a minute ago.

He doesn't react over it as continuing on walking around the room, bringing my luggage along. "For a while, we need to put your stuff in the second room first. There's no enough space in my master room." He proceeds to the next one. I see, he is like brushing off thing so easily without taking long, but the way he tells me as if he is doing his list. Is that what setting in his mind? I don't know why, but I found it slightly amusing.

"I'm okay with it" I say, and once again, there's nothing else coming out from his mouth. I press my lips together and quietly trail behind him.

He shows me the second room and places it my luggage near the closet. I study the room and as an expected, it doesn't look disappointing.

Immediately, I drop myself down on his Queen-size bed and spread out my arms over the stiff mattress which telling me there's nobody had ever slept in here yet. I close my eyes and breathe in. I finally can rest. Honestly, I feel extra exhausted today and it's a tiring day. I'm happy, I didn't pass out on our wedding or else I might have ruined it everything.

Remembering I'm not alone in the room, I shot my eyes open an instant to find out he's nowhere to be found anymore. He surprisingly has left the door shut closed as if understanding my need. I breathe out.

"He is not that bad" I mutter before dozing off real fast, spending the evening with a short nap.

Two hours later, I woke up by a weird nausea in my throat and quickly I sprint off to the bathroom and throw out right away. I open the pipe and let the water flowing down, washing off my vomit in the transparent sink.

Daehyun comes by and hand me a towel, I thought he is going to ask me if I'm okay or not but he just states something else "I've bought a dinner to us, get a shower and we can eat them later" Just like that he disappears behind the bathroom door.

Seriously, where is his bloody soul? I silently thought as I press my temple on the right with my fingers and sigh.

At the end, I just did as he told me which I'm taking long on purpose. After done, I wrap the towel around me, but the moment I step out of the bathroom, I cease midway in completely hesitation. Thinking about me is half state right now, I begin to panic and it takes me a few minutes before quickly convincing myself again.

"I need to get used with it" I breathe out and shuffle down through the hall and run to the second room. The amount of rush doesn't show that it's convincing though and I'm so lucky he's not around. I suppose, he is probably in his own room.

Dropping down on my knees, I dig deeper in my luggage and looking for my pyjamas but something smooth brush off my fingers as I tug it out and my jaws drop. It's a baby blue transparent chiffon nightgown.

What the .

I know who did it. I can tell who bought it to me. My two younger sisters are acting sometimes and apparently I was right where I found a note along, saying it's a special gift from them.

I toss off the nightgown in huff and get dress in my simple pyjamas instead. "I'm not going to wear it, at least not now"

I hurriedly to the dressing table and combing my long hair down to my shoulders before dashing out from the room. Daehyun is patiently waiting for me on his kitchen island with two boxes of spicy fried chicken, assuming that's probably our dinner for tonight. He looks very simple with that white t-shirt and a black shorts but sadly his face only wears the same expression.

Taking a deep breath, I approach him who are so focusing on his iPhone and clear my throat. He looks at me in a brief second before putting his phone aside. I take a seat beside him and wait for him to open the box. He as if is trying harder to not look at me, but I often found myself staring at his face.

I hope this guy knows how to make a conversation because everything he says always come out as a statement, not question. I admit, It's starting to stress me out.

Daehyun cautiously opens them and tenderly slide through the table in front of me. An instant, the smell greets my nostrils and the next action, I jump off the chair and run to the bathroom for the second times, I throw out again and totally squeezing my stomach out which causing me in pain. I don't know it could be this bad.

"Do you want me to take you to hospital?" For the first time, there's the question mark at the end of his statement. I wipe off my mouth and look at him weakly. I slowly shake my head, studying his cold stare on me.

"I-I have something to tell you" I stammer upon my words, bitting my bottom lip.

He waits.

Closing my eyes, mustering my courage as I look at him back "I'm pregnant"

Hearing that. he waits no longer as he leaves me here without turning back. Watching him back away, I start to feel lump in my throat and later on, I heard the main door has been slammed close, showing he just went out from the apartment right away.

I fall down to the floor, everything is falling apart and I begin to sob by myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I'm sorry if it doesn't reach your expectation.. 

So, what's going to happen to their marriage after this? stay stuned! Hehe