Ch 4 - The squad

Only for you

Friday 21:45

'Dude what happened..?' The bit concerned Vernon asked.

'Nothing, fell of the stairs.' Mingyu had a big wound on his arm, with a bandage put over.

'Oh..'

This is one of the rare times Vernon would be concerned.

'Its friday, would you maybe want to come with me when i meet my squad tommorow?' Vernon changed the subject.

'Sure I guess..' Mingyu was broke, he almost could not stand on his knees. He rushed upstairs and fell asleep without changing his clothes.

 

Saturday 16:20

'Mingyu come on, Hurry up!'

'Yeah I'm coming!' Mingyu wasn't sure what to wear or bring with him. He was wearing a plane white tshirt and black trousers with a black cap pulled over his messy hair.

'I'll be down in a second.' Mingyu added.

 

It was about 30 minutes driving.

It was a strange meetup place, Mingyu thought.

They parked the car and Vernon and Mingyu found themselves standing in front of a building, wich was really big. It had big windows on one side. on the other side there were all kinds of posters for dance events.

'We usually sit in a dance practice room to talk and dance to relieve our stress.'Vernon said as he saw Mingyu's confused face.

'Our gang is also a dance group.' Vernon told him. 'You'll fit in, you're quite a good dancer yourself. We are also a little rap group, and since your high school was an phisical art school, I think its just fine.'

Mingyu felt overwelmed. He would have put on some better clothes if he knew this. But whats done is done, so he just had to do with this.

 

They got inside and Mingyu heard some boys talking, and he figured they reached the right room. He was right.

Vernon knocked on the door. 'Guys, I'm here.'

'Ah Vernon! Come in bro.' Someone said.

They entered the room, and found two boys sitting on the floor with some music on and a water bottle. One guy had dark fluffy hair with plump lips, yet he still looked like a tough guy.

The other guy was way taller, and looked very intimidating, he made eye contact with Mingyu, and it sent chils down Mingyu's spine. The boy looked really handsome, Mingyu thought.

'Hi, you must be Mingyu. I'm Seungcheol, but you can call me S.coups.' The tough guy said. Mingyu reconized him from the bookstore last week.

'I am Wonwoo. Nice to meet you Mingyu.' The tall guy said. Mingyu was in awe, Wonwoo's husky voice was really deep and y.

'Yeah this is Mingyu, he's maybe going to join, we just need to check his skills.' Vernon explained.

Seungcheol smirked. 'Okay.. can I start by just explaining our concept?' Vernon nodded.

'So, we have a hiphop concept, and we usually rap and dance. We have 4 roles, and now that you are here, we'll be complete. We have the main rapper, the leader, the visual, and the main dancer. I am the leader. Vernon is our main dancer, Wonwoo is our main rapper. And we just need a visual, we're gonna test if you can be that.'

'Okay.. I'll do my best.' Mingyu replied, he was really nervous.

'I'll check his dance.' Vernon said, and he some music and started stretching.

// Wonwoo POV //

Seungcheol and I were just discussing the music for our new track, when we heard a knock.

'Come in.' S.coups said as a reply.

The door opened, and Vernon came in with a tall guy, probably Mingyu.

Mingyu was really handsome, and he had a nice voice as well. He would be perfect as a visual.

And Mingyu stardet dancing soon after. His movements were a bit weak, but really smooth. They were indeed good.

 

They got on to the rapping part. We gave mingyu a text and I needed to rap it first. Mingyu went after listening a few times, and it was really good. He knew how to use his breath, and he also used a lower voice, with made Wonwoo shiver. He was impressed about Mingyu.

// Mingyu POV //

'I'll be at the bathroom, if you will excuse me.' Mingyu asked after the rapping session.

He got out and headed to the bathroom. He splashed the cold water on his face and looked in the mirror. He can't do this, but it was not because of his skills.

It was because of Wonwoo.