Just An Ordinary Girl

A Hundred Million Stars Falling From The Sky

Chapter 1  Just An Ordinary Girl

 

 

Hi, everyone.

My name is Yoo Jin kang. I'm 30 this year, and I guess I'm on the threshold of womanhood, finally.

I work as an advertising designer - well, to be honest, it isn't as glamorous as it sounds, and, to be really, really honest, I'm a struggling fashion designer, at this time of writing.

I decided that I would keep a diary of my life, starting today, since I'll be 30, come April 7. I'm not sure what I'm going to write inside, though, because my life is kind of boring, as far as my love life is concerned. Truth be told, I have no love life, zero love life, to be precise. I don't have a boyfriend - I mean, I've tried, a few times, but it never worked out.

So, yeah, I'm single, and quite happy this way, I guess. I'm not gorgeous or beautiful, not in the way that turn guys' heads. I'm more intelligent-looking, if you get my drift, and my best features are my dimples; they flash when I smile widely. I know, I tried that, too, with the guys that I liked, but it didn't work, so, yeah.

The rest of my face is just ordinary, I guess. I have short hair, cut in a bob, reaching between my earlobes and my shoulders, kind of an in-between bob, you might say, and I got it done on my 30th birthday. Before that, I had long, straight hair, but my job is so frenetic, and I'm always rushing around, and it got to a point where it was just taking up too much of my time, shampooing my hair, and conditioning it, and I would skip washing it for days when I was feeling like a zombie. My big brother says he can SMELL me coming from afar on days like those...he's such a moron at times, but that's my Oppa for you. My nose is straight - I didn't get a nose job, I swear, I would never do that, because I hate hospitals, and there's a reason for it, but that's something that I don't want to talk about right now, maybe later...

As for the rest of my face, I've got bangs parted in the middle, so that they flop elegantly over my eyebrows ( elegantly, hah!), and average eyes, not too big, not too small, either, and full lips -someone - I think it was my brother - once said that they were thick, and I got really mad. I have a nice complexion, and am average in height and built - well, slightly shorter than average, I guess.

So, yeah, I'm an average kind of girl, living my average kind of life in a stressful work environment. I live with my brother, Jin koong, in a small apartment. He's like my father and mother meshed into one, because I lost my parents when I was very young, in an accident, but if you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about that now, maybe later; much, much later...

As for my friends, I have a few good friends from the office; we go for a drink sometimes after work, but generally, they lead their own lives, and I lead mine. I mean, who wants to hang out with people that you've worked with all day. I think it's depressing, and unhealthy, and I think they feel the same way, too.

So I hang out with Baek Seung ah, my best friend. She's rich, and tall, and slim, and drop-dead beautiful. We've been best friends for years, and we're like sisters; I mean, I've never had a sister, but if I had one, I'd want her to be like Seung ah. She watches my back, and I watch hers. She's the sweetest, kindest girl that ever lived, and she's engaged to the biggest jerk on earth. His name is Jang Woo sang, and he's a chaebol, and the most arrogant to walk the surface of the earth. He can kill you with his eyes; they're so contemptuous, and disdainful and they look like they're laughing at you for your ignorance and your poverty and your stupidity. I hate him, but I love Seung ah, so it makes me feel bad, and sad,  that I feel this way about him, because they're engaged to be married.

Seung ah has a big event coming up tomorrow; it's a solo exhibition she's holding, to showcase all the works of pottery that she has crafted. She's a wonderful artist, and has created some really beautiful,  awesome pieces. She's invited me, and Jin kook, and I'm looking forward to it.

Who knows, maybe I'll meet a tall, dark, handsome stranger there.

I wish. Haha.