Friends

Markjin One-Shots

 This one isn't very good. I'm sorry!

 

 Jinyoung and Mark grew up together since their mom's were best friends. Luckily, the two boys played well together. 

 

    Mark was one year older than Jinyoung though. So when school started, they grew apart from each other. 

 

    Middle school was when they really stopped hanging out a lot. Mark became more popular, but no one cared about Jinyoung. 

 

    When Mark started dating, he started leaving Jinyoung all together. The only time they hung out was when the two families got together for dinner or game night. 

 

    Mark didn't purposely leave Jinyoung. He just got more popular and wanted new friends. But when Mark met Jackson, he totally forgot about Jinyoung. 

 

    Now Jinyoung still had a few friends, There was Youngjae, who was in his grade, and there was Bambam and Yugyeom, who were a year younger than him, but Jinyoung still missed his childhood best friend.

(Youngjae is the same age as Jinyoung in this story)

 

----------

 

    Now it was High School. Jinyoung was a sophomore and Mark was a junior. 

 

    Jinyoung was an average in everyone's eyes. He was kind of cute, he made good grades, he didn't play any competitive sports but still was athletic, and some girls liked him. 

 

    Mark Tuan was on a whole other level. He was The Mark Tuan. Everyone knew who he was. He was the captain of the football and basketball team. Every boy was jealous of him, or in love with him. He was stunningly handsome making both genders fall in love. He was also a playboy, but everyone still loved him.  Teachers loved him for some weird reason. He made decent grades. So in conclusion, he was the most popular guy in the whole school. 

 

----------

(Now to the actual story)

 

    It was lunch when Jinyoung heard the screaming. Everyone looked to the door and in came Mark Tuan, Jackson Wang, and Im Jaebum. 

 

    They ignored all of the girls trying to confess their feelings and made way to their own lunch table. No one is allowed to sit with them unless they are invited. So, if you are dating one of them, you can sit there, but no one else. 

 

    Jinyoung doesn't know how he used to be be friends with Mark Tuan. It's just unbelievable. If he told someone, they would never believe him. 

 

    One time he tried telling Youngjae, but he just got laughed in the face by a really obnoxious laugh. 

 

    "Jae, if you keep staring at him like that, you'll melt his face off," Jinyoung said. 

 

    Youngjae scoffed in return. 

 

    Youngjae was in love with Im Jaebum. Jinyoung thought it was cute, but it was also kind of gross. Not gross in the homophobic way, but just having to watch your best friend's heart break every time he got a new girlfriend is not ideal. 

 

     "At leat I like someone instead of sulking everyday."

 

    "But at least I don't get my heart broken every week." Jinyoung pointed out. 

 

    Youngjae just sighed. 

 

----------

 

    One day, Jinyoung walked into the school and everyone started to stare at him. 

 

    "!" One yelled. 

 

    "!" Another yelled. 

 

    "Freak!"

 

    Insult were being flown Jinyoung's way, and he felt like crying. Why were people calling him these names? What did he do to deserve this?

 

    When it was all too much, he ran. He ended up in the bathroom bawling. 

 

    Youngjae, Bambam, and Yugyeom came in after him with worried looks on their faces. 

 

    "Why?" Jinyoung sobbed. "Why is everyone calling me those names?"

 

    "Do you really want to know?" Bambam asked concerned. 

 

    When he got a nod in return, he continued,"There is a rumour that you tried to pay Mark Tuan to date you." 

 

    Jinyoung stopped crying. He was shocked. Who spread this rumour? Why did Mark let it spread this far? 

 

    "What?" Jinyoung asked in disbelief. 

 

    "I heard from someone that Jackson started the rumour" Yugyeom said. Jinyoung fumed. He had always hated Jackson since he took Mark away from him, but now he despised him. 

 

    "That bastard!" Jinyoung said while standing up. 

 

    "Where are you going?" Youngjae quickly asked. 

 

    "To speak to my ex best friend." Jinyoung said. 

 

    "Who is that?" Bambam asked. 

 

    "You'll see," knowing they won't believe him, he just walked out. 

 

----------

 

    It was in the hallway where Jinyoung spotted Mark. 

 

    "MARK TUAN!" Jinyoung yelled. 

 

    Mark turned around when he hears his name. People started gathering around because who would miss the show. 

 

    "Why didn't you say anything. I can't believe you just let this spread. I used to be your best friend!! Did you forget that?! Or are you just embarrassed by me?" Everyone either was shocked by hearing this news or they didn't believe it because they thought Jinyoung just wanted more attention. 

 

    "Jinyoung..." Mark started. "Calm down. What do you mean I let something spread?" 

 

    "You don't even know," Jinyoung said scoffing. "Just ask your best friend," Jinyoung then walked away pushing past the crowd of people. 

 

----------

 

    "What is he talking about?" Mark asked no one in particular. 

 

    "There's a rumour about you and Jinyoung. Something about how Jinyoung tried to pay you for you to date him." Mark looked at Jaebum then Jackson. 

 

    Mark cursed under his breath. 

 

----------

 

    Jinyoung sat in the back corner of every class hoping to get the attention away from him. 

 

    When it was finally lunch he took his food to the library to eat. 

 

    "I thought I could find you here," someone said from behind the shelf. 

 

    "Nice to know," Jinyoung replied. 

 

    "I hope you know I knew nothing of the rumour. I didn't even know what was going on." Mark said while sitting next to Jinyoung. 

 

    "That was pretty clear to me already;" Jinyoung said while eating his food. 

 

    Mark sighed,"Jackson told me he was the one who spread it around." 

 

    "I know."

 

    Mark sighed again in frustration,"The reason he spread that rumour around is because he was jealous. He likes me, which I figured out a long time ago, so he wanted to make the one I liked hurt." 

 

    Jinyoung looked up shocked. "You like me?" 

 

    "Yes, I've liked you since middle school." 

 

    "Then why did you leave me?" Jinyoung started to tear up. "Why did you leave me?" He mumbled the second one because he was more asking himself it. 

 

    "I left you-I left you because I was scared of falling more. Being with you everyday, hanging out and having fun together, made my feelings grow stronger. It was torture knowing you could never like me back, so I tried to grow away from you." 

 

    "Why didn't you just tell me your feelings?" Jinyoung asked. "I liked you too back then."

 

    Mark's faced was mixed with regret and shock. "I didn't know."

 

    "Of course you didn't know, you dimwit. You never confessed." Jinyoung said chuckling. 

 

    "I missed you. I missed this," Mark said while smiling. 

 

    "I missed you too. So much," Jinyoung smiled back. 

 

    "Is there a chance you still like me?" Mark asked hopefully. 

 

    Jinyoung cupped Mark's cheeks and brought their lips together. The feeling received to both of them was amazing. There lips felt like they were made for each other. 

 

    When Jinyoung pulled away, he looked Mark straight in the eye. 

 

    "Does that answer your question?"