Red

Markjin One-Shots

This one isn't very good, but I still hope you like it. 

 

    All Jinyoung could see was red. He just couldn't take it anymore. His head felt like exploding. 

 

    "LEAVE NOW!!" Jinyoung finally snapped, and a slam was heard as Mark left the room. 

 

    Jinyoung sat on the couch waiting for Mark to come home. He was starting to get annoyed and mad by 12:00 am, but now 3 hours later, Jinyoung was furious. 

 

    Mark never texted when he was coming home, so being the loving boyfriend Jinyoung was, he waited. 

 

    Jinyoung was tired of this. It has happened multiple times. Mark coming home after midnight because of who knows. 

 

    Jinyoung had tried to be patient and understanding, but tonight he couldn't take it anymore. 

 

    So when the front door opened at 3:00 in the morning, Jinyoung stood up from the coach and made his way over to the 'visitor'. 

 

    "Where in the hell were you?!!" Jinyoung screamed. "Do you know what time it is?!" He paused waiting for an answer. "It's ing 3:00 in the morning!!!"

 

    Mark just watched Jinyoung in horror. He had never seen Jinyoung this mad, especially at him. 

 

    "You coming home way past midnight has happened repeatedly, and I'm sick of it!! I don't want to have to wait for you to come home every night!!" Jinyoung continued. 

 

    "I never asked you to!!" Mark yelled. 

 

     "Seriously," Jinyoung scoffed. "That's what you say." He asked raising an eyebrow. 

 

    "What else do I say?" Mark asked. "Am I supposed to apologize to you. I am out all night doing... nevermind."

 

    "Doing what?" Jinyoung demanded. 

 

    "I said nevermind," Mark said trying to be calm. 

 

    "I'm tired of this," Jinyoung said. "I shouldn't be treated like this," Jinyoung mumbled. 

 

    "YOU shouldn't be treated like this! What are you talking about?! I'm the one having to come home after midnight from working! I am!" Mark yelled. 

 

    'how dare he!" Jinyoung thought. 

 

    "LEAVE NOW!!" Jinyoung yelled. 

 

    Mark turned around and walked out, slamming the door in the process. 

 

    That was one of their biggest fights of their five year relationship. 

 

    After Mark left Jinyoung collapsed on the the bed and cried his heart out. 

 

   'I did the right thing' Jinyoung kept telling himself. 

 

    Jinyoung then tried to go to sleep, but the emptiness in his heart and the bed didn't allow him. 

 

----------

 

    When Mark left their apartment, he realized he had no place to go. 

 

    He could go sleep on the bench at the park, or he could go try to ask the 2jae couple for a spare room. 

 

    The thing is, Jaebum and Youngjae would just get all into his business and try to make them make up. 

 

    Mark didn't want that. He knew he just needed to cool off. He doesn't know when Jinyoung will let him back home, but he hopes it's soon. 

 

    Mark made his way to the park and sat down on the bench. 

 

    'I should have done it earlier' Mark said to himself. 

 

    He tried to lay down, but it was too uncomfortable, so he took an early morning walk around the park with his scary thoughts. 

 

-----------

 

     The next day, Jinyoung got ready to go to work. Then he realized he didn't have a ride. Mark usually drove him. Jinyoung hated the bus though, but it'll have to work. 

 

    Jinyoung arrived at the café with his head down. His co-workers were confused. Why did Jinyoung not have his usual morning smile?

 

    Yugyeom then went up to Jinyoung after his sixth fail of making a drink. 

 

    "Why don't you go take a break, hyung? You look like you really need it. Come back when your mind is cleared." Yugyeom told him being concerned for his friend. 

 

    Jinyoung nodded and walked out of the store. 

 

----------

 

    Mark felt like he was about to pass out. His legs were dragging and he couldn't keep his eyes open. 

 

    Mark didn't get any sleep last night. His thoughts wouldn't allow him when he tried. 

 

'what if Jinyoung never forgives me' 

 

'what if he hates me'

 

     Mark teared up after thinking about this. Mark then pulled out a small box and opened it. 

 

'what if he doesn't love me anymore?'

 

----------

 

     Jinyoung was at home when their was knocking at the door. 

 

     Jinyoung tried to fix his appearance before opening the door, bit I didn't help at all. He still looked like crap. 

 

    When he opened the door, Jackson stood there looking panicked. 

 

    "Do you know where Mark is?! He didn't come to work today, and he didn't call in sick!" Jackson said frantically. 

 

    "No I don't know where he is," Jinyoung couldn't help the panic in his voice, but then he remembered the pain he felt last night. 

 

    "Do you even care?!" Jackson said shocked. "He is your fiance! How could you not care where he was?!!" Jackson yelled. 

 

    "He's not my fiance. We were only dating." Jinyoung said. 

 

    Jackson face mixed with confusion then horror. "oh no," he said. He put his hands in his hair. "forget I said that."

 

    "Wait," he looked Jinyoung right in the eye, "What do you mean were only? Did you two break up?!"

 

    "No, we havent," Jinyoung started,"But we had a huge fight last night. I don't know if we are going to stay together after that."

 

    Jinyoung started to tear up. "You look like a mess," Jackson pointed out. 

 

    "Jackson.." Jinyoung sobbed, "Is he cheating on me?" 

 

    "Why would you even think that. Mark is head over heels in love with you. He would never cheat on you," Jackson said with confidence. 

 

    "Then explain why he comes home after midnight every night." Jinyoung put his hand up to his mouth to stifle the loud sobs that wracked his body. 

 

    Jackson then realized what had happened,"Jinyoung, you need to go find Mark and talk to him. You didn't give him a chance to explain why he has been coming home late. This is all just a misunderstanding."

 

    Jinyoung didn't reply, so Jackson gave him a huge hug. "Dont let this ruin your relationship."

 

    Jinyoung then finally nodded. 

 

----------

 

    Mark finally tried to come back home today when it started to rain. 

 

    Mark looked at the wooden door and hesitated. After a few minutes he finally knocked. 

 

    Jinyoung opened the door looking terrible. He had bags under his eyes, he was pail, and he looked like he got skinnier. 

 

    But Mark didn't look much different. He didn't have a warm house to look over him these past days, so of course he looked like a wreck. 

 

    "Jinyoung..." Mark started. "Please just let me explain why I did that. I just need a few minutes."

 

    Jinyoung opened the door wider for Mark to come in. Mark was still soaked from the rain, so Jinyoung went to get Mark a towel. 

 

    Mark thanked him and sat down on the couch. 

 

    "I need you to just listen. Don't say anything until I'm done." Mark said and Jinyoung nodded. 

 

    "I needed more money to buy something very important. It would change my life if I could buy it. So, I worked a night shift to get more money. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would start to worry, and then I knew you would want to help pay for whatever I wanted to get. But I needed to get this myself. With my money alone."

 

    Jinyoung was crying again. He couldn't help it He almost ruined their whole relationship because of this. Jackson was right, it was just a huge misunderstanding. 

 

    "I thou-thought you were ch-cheating," Jinyoung said in between sobs. 

 

    Mark got up quickly and wasted no time to wrap Jinyoung into his arms. 

 

    "I would never cheat. I love you too much to even think about it." Mark kissed the top of Jinyoung's head. 

 

    Mark pulled away,"I honestly bet you already figured out what I was trying to buy, or Jackson accidentally told you, so..." Mark pulled out the small black box and got on a knee. He opened the box and there it was. 

 

    "Jinyoung, the love of my life, I know this isn't the best timing. I know I messed up, but just know I love you so much. You are the light to my world. You are what keeps my going through the day. I don't know a world in which I don't know your kind words and soft touches. I need you in my life, Jinyoung. I could never live without you. So, will you marry me and make me the happiest man I'm the world."

 

    Jinyoung was once again sobbing in front of him. At least this time it wasn't tears of sadness and heartbreak. They were tears of joy, shock, and happiness. 

 

    "Yes, yes of course I will," Mark then stood up and kissed Jinyoung passionately on the lips. 

 

    They pulled away and Mark took the ring and put it on Jinyoung's finger. 

 

    "Perfect fit," Mark grinned at him. 

 

    "I love you so much," Mark said. 

 

    "I love you too."