Sanctuary

Markjin One-Shots

 

Based off "Sanctuary" If you haven't seen it, you should probably watch it before reading. It's on YouTube. It is more Markbam, but since I don't ship them, it will be Markjin.

 

Mark's pov,

 

    I came from the United States to Korea to further my studies. I came here to study and graduate so that I can continue my life. I didn't expect my life to take this turn...

 

    I barely knew any Korean. I could understand it well enough though. It was the first day, and I had no idea what to do and where to go. 

 

    As I walked beside the road, I saw a medium sized group of boys walking in front of me. They all looked my age, so they probably went to the same school as me. I took a chance. 

 

    "Hey," I shouted. The whole group stopped walking and turned their heads towards me. They guy in the front made his way towards me waiting for me to talk. 

 

    I was really nervous. He was handsome and intimidating, but I already came this far. 

 

    "Can I come along?" I asked in English. He just stood there for a few seconds before nodding his head. 

 

    He turned around and made his way back to the front of the group. I just followed behind them. 

 

————

 

    It's been about two months since I joined the "gang". I didn't like what they did to people, but I had to stay or that will be me. 

 

    Jinyoung, who was the leader of the group, always helped me around. He helped me learn Korean and helped me around the school. He may seem terrible, but he is super sweet to me. 

 

   Another reason why I can't leave the group is because I have a crush on the leader. He would never like me back, but I still want to be by his side at all times. 

 

    "Mark, are you ok?" Jinyoung asked me as we were walking. (He doesn't call him hyung in this story)

 

    I looked at Jinyoung, he had a worried face. He apparently only shows that face to me. "Yeah, I'm ok," I answered. 

 

    He didn't look like he believed me. He grabbed both of my shoulders so I was facing him. 

 

    "You can tell me what's wrong, I won't judge," he said in a soft, nice voice. 

 

    "I'm fine," I repeated. He let go of me and started walking again. 

 

    "Mark, I know you like me," he said all of a sudden. I felt me eyes go large. How does he know. 

 

    "N-no I...." I couldn't finish my sentence because I felt a pair of warm lips on my own. He had my face in his hands while he moved his lips against mine. My stomach felt like it was going to explode. I kissed back with as much passion he gave. 

 

   I rested my hands on his chest as his hands moved to the back of my neck to deepen the kiss. 

 

    I moaned into the kiss when I felt his tongue graze my bottom lip. Knowing exactly what he wanted, I opened my mouth. 

 

    Our tongues fought while he moved his arms around my waist pulling me closer. My arms were now around his neck, our chests were touching, and we both didn't want the kiss to end. 

 

    There we were, making out on the side of the road. I had no idea he liked me, or is he just playing with me?

 

    I pulled away, "Is this a joke? Are you playing with me?" I asked desperately. I didn't want my heart to break today. 

 

    He put his hand on my cheek, and I leaned into his touch. He smiled when I did that. 

 

    "I would never," He said his smile getting bigger. "I like you too."

 

————

 

    We were walking one day, I was at the back and my boyfriend was at the front like always, when Jinyoung ran into a kid. He looked younger than us, and he looked like a foreigner. I could see that he was terrified. Who wouldn't be? My boyfriend is pretty scary. 

 

    "I'm sorry," He said. Jinyoung just looked him up and down for a second. 

 

    "This new kind's face seems fun to bully," Jinyoung says. I can't see because I'm in the back of the group, but I know he's smirking. 

(This is what he said in the short story thing. I'm not going to put everything that was said)

 

    The guy beside Jinyoung grabbed the kids bag. These moments are the moments I regret becoming part of this group. I wish Jinyoung would just stop this, so we could be happy like a couple should be. 

 

    The guy dumped all of his stuff out of his bag. "Ah, you're a nerd. " Jinyoung said as he kicked his stuff and pushed him on the ground. 

 

    I would have stopped it, but no one messes with Jinyoung. You just don't, and I'm even his boyfriend. 

 

    He crouched down beside the boy and said something I could here and then hit him on the neck. He got up and walked into the door that was beside us. Everyone started walking, but I stopped and put a bandaid beside the boy. I know he'll need it. 

 

    Then, I walked into the building to follow the group. 

 

———— 

 

    Once we got home, I lived with Jinyoung, I went to our room. I didn't feel like talking to Jinyoung tonight. Usually when he does thing like this, I try to ignore him the rest of the day. I don't want to get on his bad side. 

 

    "Baby, where are you?" I heard him walking closer to where I was. He turned the corner and saw me sitting on our bed. 

 

    "Are you ok? You don't look well," he said as he walked up to me and put his hand on my forehead. 

 

    "I'm fine," I said as I got up to take a shower. "I'm taking a shower first," then I left the room. 

 

     When I was done, I smelt food. I walked into the kitchen and saw Jinyoung cooking. 

 

    "What are you doing?" I asked while leaning on the wall. 

 

    "I'm cooking your favorite. I don't know what I did to make you upset, but I hope this will cheer you up." He said. 

 

    This is the Jinyoung that I fell in love with. Not the bully who led a group of crazy boys. 

 

    I walked towards Jinyoung and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I'm not mad," anymore I said. 

 

    "Good," he turned around in my arms and attached his plump lips to mine. 

 

    I pulled away after a couple of seconds of the sweet kiss. 

 

    "I love you," I said while resting my forehead against his. 

 

    "I love you too," he whispered. 

 

————

 

    "I have to go to the bathroom," I said to one of the boys and sprinted off. 

 

    I headed to the gym where the foreigner was shooting a basketball. I ran to him and pulled him into a hiding spot. I didn't want him to get hurt again because of my boyfriend. 

 

    "Where did Mark go," I heard Jinyoung ask. My heart raced. If he found me hiding here with this boy, our relationship would be over. I know he wouldn't lay a hand on me though. 

 

    "He said he was going to the restroom," answered a guy from the group. "Oh, ok," he said. 

 

    "But he did sprint, so he might be sick," another guy said. 

 

    "He's sick?" Jinyoung asked worriedly. 

 

    "I don't know," the same guy said. 

 

    "Baby are you in here?" He asked before he headed to the restrooms to where I apparently was. He would find out that I wasn't there. 

 

    "Do you speak Korean?" I ask the boy. 

 

    "A little," he replies. "Is he your boyfriend?" I nodded my head. 

 

    We sat there in silence before I got up. "I need to go before they start worrying about me." Jinyoung is the only one who would be worried though. 

 

    I started walking in the direction they went. When I turned the corner I bumped into someone. He was about to slap me until he saw my face. 

 

    "M-mark? We were looking for you." He said. 

 

    "I'm sorry, I just went to the bathroom and then I went back to where we originally were but you weren't there." I lied. That was the first big lie I have ever said to him. 

 

    "Ok," he said and put his arm around my shoulders. 

 

————

 

    Fists were flying everywhere, but I was just standing in the middle. I wanted to help somehow, but I just couldn't move. 

 

    Then we were at the principles getting lectured. I glanced at Jinyoung. Bruises and cuts covered his handsome face. 

 

    Once we continued our day, I noticed Jinyoung started to be distant. 

 

    Then out of nowhere a guy from our group grabbed my jacket and pulled me under the bridge. I had caught a glimpse of Jinyoung watching us with the foreigner sitting by his side. 

 

    Then I was punched, kicked, and then I was on the ground. "JINYOUNG!!!!!" I cried out. It hurt so bad. They were punching and kicking me so hard. 

 

    Jinyoung must have found out that I helped the foreigner. Now I was getting a punishment for it. 

 

    I cowered on the ground as I received the unbearable pain. It finally went away when everything went black. 

 

————

 

Jinyoung's pov,

 

    He betrayed me, but I couldn't stand watching his punishment. The kid that he stuck up for was beside me watching the whole scene in horror. 

 

    "JINYOUNG!!!!!" I heard Mark cry. I closed my eyes as a tear slid down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away hoping the boy didn't see. 

 

    I looked up and saw my lover getting beaten up on my command. I could stop it if I wanted. 

 

(This is a big change to the original story)

 

    "STOP," I yelled. I couldn't stand seeing my baby get beat up, but it was too late. Blood was all over his face and he wasn't moving. 

 

    The foreigner looked at me surprised that I told them to stop. Ignoring his stare, I jumped up and ran to Mark. 

 

    "Baby.....you have to wake up.......I shouldn't have done that. I'm so sorry," I cried into his bloody shoulder. 

 

    "Nerd, call an ambulance!" I yelled. The rest of it was a blur. 

 

————

 

Mark's pov,

 

    I woke up to the sound of beeping, and the feeling of a hand holding mine. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in a plain white room. 

 

    I looked to my hand and saw Jinyoung holding my hand, but he was crying. I have never really seen him cry before. 

 

    I could hear him muttering "it's all my fault" and "I'm so sorry Mark". I remeber everything. I pull my hand away from his grip. 

 

    It is his fault that I'm in here. "Mark? You're awake!!!!" He smiled so big, but then his smile faded. "I'm so sorry!" He said to me while standing up and bowing. 

 

    "It all my fault. I shouldn't have let them beat you up. I love you so much. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry!" He said. 

 

    I looked at him. I knew he loved me. He technically didn't lay a hand on me, but he did tell them to beat me up. 

 

    "I know that we are going to break up, but just know that I stopped it before it got to bad. I love you. I couldn't watch them beat you up. I cried that day. First time I cried in four years." He said. "Just know that I love you so so so much and I can't live without you. I'll even stop bullying people. I'm begging you to stay with me and help me become a better person."

 

    I didn't want to forgive him at first, but I could change him for the better. And that is what I'm going to do. 

 

"Ok."