End of hurting

7 Star - If you could only hear what i can't say

Chapter 8

 

In the end, dying isn’t that scares Areum but the pain that she will be leaving the family she dearly loves, Dr. Kim never give her the definite time that she can survive but she knew, and she can feel with her body that something is not going to be okay anymore.

 

“Let’s stop the chemotherapy Dr. Kim, I know that this can’t be healed anymore.”

That’s all she could utter earlier talking to her doctor, she cried until her eyes ran dry and her chest heaved violently. She wanted to see the girls mostly and wanted to be with them in their happiest and saddest time, but she can no longer be there, anymore. The tumour is growing, spread and consume all over her body.

No matter how much she will try to hide it, she knew any sooner the girls will all find out. She looked at the phone screen and attempt to answer it, Eunjung has been calling her since this morning and she never had the chance to answer her phone calls, “Hello.” She said as she bit her lips to prevent herself from crying.

“Where are you? I have been looking for you!” Eunjung worriedly said on the other line,

She couldn’t response because if she did, she knew to herself that she might be able to get caught crying by her and she wouldn’t allow it.

“Lee Areum!” Eunjung yelled on the other line,

She fakes a cough and smile, “That’s the reason why Jiyeon hated me, whenever you miss her, you disturb me and come to me though I know that your heart completely looking for her.” She teased but they both know it is a bit true.

“How can you think something like that Areum?” Eunjung face wrinkled,

Areum laughed and finally said, “I am going home now unnie and will cook something delicious for you, come home faster. Okay?”

As soon as she hung up the phone, Areum sighed as the tears already drop down to her pale cheeks. She would never waste time to be with them anymore.

--

“That would be enough for tonight Jiyeon,” Boram worriedly said as she is trying to stop Jiyeon from drinking more on what she can take but the latter didn’t respond as she continue to sip the soju directly on the bottle.

Boram sighed, as she continues to drink hers, “You have to at least tell me, what is happening to you?”

Jiyeon glanced at her shaking her head, “I am okay unnie, if you want to go home, you can leave me here, I am fine.”

Boram face creased as she looked at Jiyeon, she knew that the girl is stubborn and carefree, but she knew that there is something that bother’ s Jiyeon a lot lately, she sighed again and said, “Tell me, Is it about Eunjung?”

She looked at her wide eye and her lip jutted out slightly, she is trying to supress her feeling from Eunjung since long time ago and what is happening between her and Eunjung for the past few weeks hurt her so much, she sighed.

“I love her unnie, I don’t know when or how but I really do love her, I really do.” Jiyeon voice crack as the tears are forming into her very eyes.

Boram stop and draw a sharp looked at Jiyeon eyes then a small smile formed into her lips, “I thought you will be denying it.”

Jiyeon face creased, and brows furrowed as she looked at Jiyeon, “You knew?”

She shrugged her shoulder as a response, “All I know is you two both have your own world that even other girls can notice, but we don’t think anything beyond that because if there is something will develop between you two, we will be supporting you till the end.”

“I don’t think Eunjung like me like the way I do”

Boram sighed, “All I know that you are special for Eunjung,”

Jiyeon smirked, “Nothing compared to Areum.”

Boram scoffed, “you get blinded to something you shouldn’t be.”

“She likes Areum, and I can feel that unnie.” Jiyeon insisted as she continue to drink after drink.

Boram couldn’t respond any longer, they drink in silence, hoping the answer lies beneath the soju they are drinking. And so, the night drags on, and no words exchanged between them.

--

Qri kept the curtains closed so that she wouldn't have to witness life going on as usual, there was a time that her thoughts became tormentors, A great torture for herself. Her tears fall, all she wanted is to keep her mind, quiet and healthy but since the break up with Taemin, and to how her heart was broken when she found out that Taemin and Hyomin already broke up. She just can’t find peace at heart.

A small knocked she heard from her door, her brows furrowed. “Who is there?”

“Hyomin”

Before Qri could have reacted, Hyomin slowly open the door and their eyes met, Qri sigh but she nodded giving her a sign to come in, the latter smile as she brought two cups of coffee for both of them, they sat down at her coffee table. As Hyomin scanned Qri’ s face for a reaction the silence hung in the air and that makes her uncomfortable.

She fakes a cough, “Qri.” she started,

Qri face lightened as she stares at her friends’ eyes, “Why did you break up with him?”

That caught her off guard, it was a calm question from Qri without the hate on its sound and that comfort Hyomin, it was a kind of comfort she needed the most. Hyomin looked down, “I am not happy Qri, that’s why?”

Qri brows furrowed, “You are supposed to be happy, is it all because of me?”

“No Qri, it is not all about you, it is me.”

Qri sighed, “Let me understand Hyomin please.”

Hyomin study her, her eyes showed the kind of gentle Qri used to have with her.

“When we were young, what we had was so beautiful and romantic, it was kind of love that you will never forget that’s the reason why I thought that I was still in love with him but I was wrong,” she said, her voice implying she was retreating and withdrawing.

“It is all in the past, Qri believe me, I just remember him but not the feelings anymore and I was so sorry that you were hurt.” Hyomin sobbed, “I didn’t even intend to come into your relationship, I was really wrong Qri, I am sorry.” The tears burst forth like water from a barrier, spilling down her face. Hyomin feel the muscles of her chin tremble like a small child and I look toward the window, as if the light could soothe her.

Qri leaned forward as she laid her hands to Hyomin shoulder, her right hand there and spoke with such a soft voice, “Let’s forget about those things that hurt us from the past Hyomin, we are a family anyway.”

Hyomin felt Qri’ s words calming her more by the way they were said. “stop being like this Qri, why are you so kind to me?”

A small smile came across Qri’ s face as she shakes her head, Hyomin always has a way to make her heart at ease. “We are a family, and I think that’s what matters most for me.”

--

“I like you Noona,” Eunwoo suddenly confessed,

Soyeon looked at him bewitched, trying to study the handsome guy in front of him, she smiled, “Eunwoo…”

Eunwoo sighed and looked down, “I don’t know why you always have to see me as a young boy when I am not.”

His soft lips stretched into a smile but didn't quite reach his dark eyes. They were lit with sadness, and the forced expression of the contrary on his mouth would have looked funny for Soyeon if it didn't make her heart a little feel heavy. For a few moments she stared at him and caressed his cheeks.

“You still have a lot of people to encounter Eunwoo, you are a wonderful person and every girl will go crazy you around you,”

Eunwoo shake his head in disapproval, “And why you are not crazy over me?”

Soyeon looked at him wide eye and giggle, “Almost, you somewhat became important to me Eunwoo,”

Eunwoo turn her back on her as he goes on the counter, his shoulder was slumped. Soyeon walk towards him and finally said, “This will be my last day working in here before I will start working in Page one, are we going to stay like this?”

Eunwoo looked at her pouting before shaking her head, and Soyeon smile in approval. “Good boy.”

Eunwoo has been a good person for Soyeon, she always been admiring him, but there are some things aren’t considerable if you aren’t meant to be as lovers. She always sees him as her price charming that is ready to rescue her pain, but their relationship is already beautiful just as that.

--

Areum is having a dinner with Eunjung, she  knew that she would faint when her stomach gave out, it felt like her innards were being hit. The nausea crept her abdomen to her head and the world went blank.

“Areum?” Eunjung worriedly ask as she tried to wake Areum up, “Areum, wake up! What is happening to you!?”

Before she could panic, Hyomin and Qri came out in the room, saw Areum on the floor with Eunjung, they looked at each other as they both run towards them. “Eunjung, you can carry her, right?” Qri uttered as she is trying to calm herself.

Eunjung nodded but she keeps on shaking the latter,

“Good.”

Qri and Hyomin carry Areum at Eunjung’ s back as they immediately take Areum in the nearest hospital.

 

The night that started to end the hurting.