Keep Going

7 Star - If you could only hear what i can't say

Jiyeon has becoming busier by the day since the advertising company she is working part time aside working in a café releases the magazines and the clothing collection she endorses. She has been meeting a lot of people in the same industries and making no time almost for everyone. As soon as she reaches home early, she finds herself looking for Eunjung and luckily, she finds Eunjung on the balcony sitting and drinking coffee in deep thoughts looking far.

She smiles as she approaches her slowly. “What is that face?” She teased as she sat down beside her, Eunjung glance at her. “You came?”

“Yes, and I have been busy all day. How is the café?” She asks, the smile still plastered on her face.

“Don’t worry about the café Jiyeon, Qri is taking care of it.” She nonchalantly responded as she sips on her coffee.

Jiyeon stared at her and she knew that she misses Eunjung so much, “What’s with that face of yours Eunjung?” She worriedly asks as she can read on the latter face that something is bothering her.

Eunjung looked at her wide eye. “With me? Nothing.” She denied.

These past few days since Jiyeon has been becoming busy and doesn’t even much enough sleep, at first. She was worried that it might get Jiyeon sick, but by the end of the day passed by, she is becoming wary that anytime soon she might be losing Jiyeon because the latter is creating another world that she doesn’t revolve around and she isn’t used Jiyeon is not on her side.

Jiyeon eyes narrowed as she looked at Eunjung suspiciously, but the latter refuse to meet her gazed. Jiyeon pout and immediately grab Eunjung hands to wrap closely next to her. Eunjung just looked at her wide eye but she smiled. “Okay, okay I will tell you.”

A grin spread over Jiyeon’ s face, wide and open. showing her over-whitened teeth that makes Eunjung stared at her beautiful face unconsciously. “Tell me.” Jiyeon sincerely ask.

The smirk grew over her face as she saw how curious Jiyeon could be, “I guess, I just missed you and I am not used of not seeing you every day.” She said.

Then their eyes lock, Jiyeon frozen for maybe three whole seconds before the corners of resumed their usual softness and her eyes quit staring at Eunjung, she fakes a cough to sit straight and Eunjung glanced back at her. “Why?”

Jiyeon looked down and suddenly become shy, “I don’t think I missed you Eunjung”

Eunjung smile and nodded, “I know, don’t worry.”

Jiyeon leaned her head at Eunjung shoulders as they both looked at the sky “How can I missed you when you were the only person I think of? My head is all over Eunjung!” Jiyeon said with a tease but she knew that she knows to herself she is being serious.

“Oh, really when you are not even texting or calling me?” Eunjung said sulking.

Jiyeon grin again and smiled sweetly. “I don’t want to disturb you and I thought that you are not even thinking of me.”

Eunjung face her cupping both of her cheeks and smile widely, “How can I not think of you when my favourite dongsaeng is always busy reaching her dreams without me?”

Dongsaeng and that hit Jiyeon, she is just a simply dongsaeng for her unrequited love. She fakes a smile and continue to stare at her smiling face.

--

In the middle of the night to where Soyeon still on the shop waiting for Eunwoo to come to exchange shift with her, she looked at her phone where her mother as her phone screen, she smiles as tears starts to mould on her eyes but suddenly someone came tapping her head and when she glanced at that person, A wide smile greeted her, “My heart brought me here, and Yes. I am absolutely right, you need me.”

She rubs her tears immediately and smile, “You already close page one?”

Boram nodded, “It looks like Eunwoo is late again,”

She sighed, “As always.”

Boram walks towards the noodle section and get something to eat before she gave it to Soyeon for her to pay it, “My treat for coming here Boram,”

“Thank you!”

She poured in a hot water as finally Eunwoo came in, Soyeon glared at her. “You are late again”

Eunwoo brushed her hair as he tried to make excuses again, “I am sorry noona, I had some errand to do”

Soyeon sighed, “We will talk next time.”

Eunwoo smiled and nodded as he cheerfully gets his apron at her, “You can go now with Boram noona, I can take care of the rest Noona.”

Boram smiled at his gesture on how he still sweetly talks to Soyeon and how Soyeon can always let him slide, “You should be.”

Soyeon glance back at Boram and gave her a nod as the latter take her noodles with her to eat it on the way while walking and it’s kind of habit for Boram to do that since she has been used of picking Soyeon from her work.

“You really have a cute relationship with Eunwoo.” Boram said as a grin came across her face but Soyeon just looked at her wide eyes, “He is just nothing but a hoobae, he is so young and a little bit irresponsible still.”

Boram laughed and looked at her suspiciously, “I only said that you have a cute relationship with him, I didn’t ask him about anything Soyeon!”

Soyeon brows furrowed as she pat Boram shoulder and the latter groan in pain. “I am just saying!”

Soyeon laughs afterwards. It’s a sound Boram hasn’t heard in a thousand years and it’s a sound she would wait another thousand to hear. Boram smiled on that, “Why you don’t want to work in Page one, Soyeon?” she suddenly asked sincerely.

Soyeon sighed to that question, though the girls still asked her to be on the team management, but she always turn the girls down. “because you already giving everything to me Boram, If I will be accepting your guys offer, isn’t too much?”

Boram narrowed her eyes as she stops from walking looking directly at Soyeon’ s eyes, her bottom lip jutted out. She always thought Soyeon has a good reason behind of turning down their offer with her.

“Hey” Soyeon called her worriedly as she saw the reaction of the latter.

Boram sighed, “I didn’t know that you think that low Soyeon, we are your family.”

 

Soyeon hissed and stop a little, trying to find the words she wanted to explain for Boram to understand, “You know that I didn’t mean that way, right?”

“You and your pride, I hate it sometimes.” Boram firmly said before she tried to walk away but Soyeon held her, “You won’t be walking out on me Boram?” She asked a small smile written all over her face, she knew how Boram can be stubborn if she is not getting what she wants.

“Don’t talk to me till you finally agreed on working in Page one, we need you there” She sulk and yanked her hands away on her arms leaving Soyeon behind flabbergasted, but she follows her friend right away trying to mock her on their way home.

--

Hyomin stayed up all night in her room where she started to work on her passion, Photography. She didn’t have enough time to study more of it since she has started to catch up managing page one again, this has been her passion since she was a little and kind of feeling to pursue it, then suddenly Areum came in. “Are you sleeping unnie?”

Hyomin glance at her before turning back her focus on her laptop. “No Areum, come in.”

Areum go straight ahead of her unnie’ s room and sat down at the edge of the latter’s bed, “What are you doing?”

“Nothing much, Why? You need something?” Hyomin ask worriedly as she looked at her dongsaeng, but the latter just smiled, “I am doing good unnie, I told you that don’t worry too much about me.”

Hyomin brows furrowed as she looked at her trying to study Areum expression, but aside from a swollen eye, she looks fine and that make her sighed in relief, she sat down in front of Areum with eye level with her and caress her little sister hair gently. “I know you are going through a hard time, but please tell me If you are uncomfortable with something okay?”

Areum smile and nodded as assurance with Hyomin.

--

Qri broke into a sweat, and her heart pounded than the usual as she is already in front of Taemin who Is sitting across the table looking at her, she wouldn’t let the guy see her nervousness, “I-its been a long time Qri.” Taemin hesitantly ask, but the latter just shrugged her shoulder and firmly said, “Taemin, please be direct to the point because I am busy, I still need to go to the café.”

Taemin brushed her head and Qri could tell by the look of mild shock on his face and by his cheeks that flushed pink, “H-Hyomin and I have broken up”

Qri smirked - Just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a tilting of the head, “And why did you call me for this?”

He put on a fake smile to hide any guilt or pain he has feeling inside, “Did I apologize for what happened between us?”

“Many times, and I am already sick of it,” She responded coldly.

Taemin looked down, he just can’t meet her glaring dazed or else he might melt from it. “She broke up with me because she chooses you between us, I hate it, but I respect it, after all, you are her only family”

Qri bitterly smiled, the corners of her lips fought to fall and the reveal her true feelings, but she wouldn’t allow it to happen in front of him, “What do you expect me to say Taemin?”

“No. Nothing. I am just saying that I am sorry for everything.”

Before she could say anything more, Qri stand up and Taemin tried to hold her arms but Qri glared at her and leave the place immediately. As soon as she opens the door of her car and tried to start the engine, her hands became numb and shaking, she slumped her back on the car seat as she sobbed into her hands and the tears dripped her fingers.

She cried until no more tears came, but still the emptiness and sorrow remained, Qri and Taemin have been a couple for almost 12 years since they were in college and starting their future together but when the time comes that Taemin knew that Hyomin was her long lost childhood friend and Hyomin has been searching for him since then, she let him go without any second thought.

But she never knew that this could be so painful and she got nothing more to say, she wouldn’t forget how Hyomin looked at him and how he always adore her, the hard feelings she have tried to kept when she was still trying to save on what Taemin and her both have in 12 years, but she let go when she knew that she was hurting him and Hyomin.

The day when they broke up almost killed her, as if there was nothing more to live but she saw how painful it was for Hyomin if she continued to act like that, she tried her best to drop the pain and never let anyone to see her crying times each and every night to protect Hyomin’ s happiness.

--

At the morning,

Eunjung came early with Jiyeon to the café, they will have an upcoming event on the café and there are still lot of things to prepare for their approval before it will be finalize with them but as soon as they step in the office on the second floor, two handsome guys was sitting comfortably on the sofa and they seem to wait for someone till finally,

“Oppa?” Jiyeon brows furrowed as she saw Park Hyojoon on the receiving area of their office, smiling widely at her.

“Park Jiyeon!”

Jiyeon excitedly approached her brother and hug her as they both haven’t seen each other for almost a year, “Since when you are in Korea?”

“I just came last night and plan to have a vacation here for at least a month and I am with my friend, He is really looking forward to see you in person, he is a fan” Hyojoon blurted out as he excitedly pushes his friend at her sister. The guy brushed her hair shyly, “Nice to meet you Park Jiyeon, my name is Choi Minho”

Jiyeon smiled awkwardly as she reached her hands to the handsome guy. “Nice to meet you too”

“Ham Eunjung, how are you?” Hyojoon finally said when she saw Eunjung behind her sister, Eunjung fake a smile and responded, “It’s been a while Hyojoon, how are you?”

“Well I am here to be played as a match making with my sister and my good friend, it is about time for Jiyeon to have someone beside her since she is always used to be alone and independent and I think Minho will do a good job to be the right one,” Hyojoon confidently said,

Jiyeon and Eunjung eyes locked both became uncomfortable until Eunjung walk passed them and sat down to her desk, “You can take them out Jiyeon and continue the rest of your schedule at the agency after lunch, I can take care of the rest.”

But before Jiyeon could disagree, Areum came by surprise. “Oh, you have visitors? I should just wait outside then,”

Eunjung immediately stand up and responded, “No Areum, its fine, I don’t think you had the chance to meet Hyojoon before, he is Jiyeon’ s brother and with his friend,”

Areum bowed, Jiyeon eyes furrowed as she looked at Eunjung giving her a questionable look, but the latter didn’t even bother to meet her gazed.

“I am glad to meet both of you,” Areum shyly said, Minho and Hyojoon bow their heads, “Nice to finally meet you Areum.” Hyojoon gracefully said.

Jiyeon sighed and approached Eunjung in front of her table, “We still have a lot of things to do Eunjung, Oppa can wait this weekend.”

Eunjung fake a smile, “It’s okay Jiyeon, anyways Areum is here, she can assist me,”

Jiyeon face creased to the sudden change moods of Eunjung that she didn’t totally understand but before she could speak, Minho talk behind her back, “It will be really great if you join us today Jiyeon,” He said sweetly at her.

Jiyeon glanced at him before she looked back at Eunjung who is now busy with her newly open laptop starting her work.

“Areum can you please go with them downstairs and have a coffee first? Eunjung and I need to talk for a bit.”

And with that being said by Jiyeon, Areum open the door to guide Hyojoon and Minho on the main café.

A heavy silence settled over them, thicker than the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. Jiyeon eyes narrowed looking at Eunjung, “What happened to you Eunjung?” She firmly asked,

Eunjung glance at her brows furrowed before she fakes a smile, “Nothing, I just want you to be with your brother and his friend, they came all the way here from san Francisco and It is only right to prioritize them”

That didn’t comfort Jiyeon, but she nodded anyway, “Is that all?”

“Yeah,” she simply responded before she continues to type something on the laptop.

“Do you like Areum? and this is the right timing for both of you to be alone?” Jiyeon finally blurted out, Eunjung slack jawed looking at Jiyeon wide eyed. “What do you mean by that Jiyeon?”

Jiyeon smirked, now she is getting her full attention. “When It comes with Areum, your attention will suddenly become full.”

“Because you are being ridiculous!” she answered back.

“No, I don’t think so. You and Gyuri broke up long time ago since Areum came, she is the reason why you broke up, because when it comes with Areum, you cared too much, you cared every single thing about her!” Jiyeon suddenly shouted, but there is something with that shout. The anger is nothing but a shield from pain,

“Enough Park Jiyeon!”

Jiyeon caught off guard, when Eunjung looks at her like that, eyes that holding total anger, it hurts until tears automatically run down through her cheeks and she didn’t know why and where it came from, “You like Areum didn’t you?”

Eunjung didn’t respond, she continued to stare at her wild-eyed and she can’t stand Eunjung cold stare. Before she could even speak more, a crack from the door behind fills the unsettling atmosphere inside.

Eunjung looked at Areum flabbergasted as she saw the latter trying to pick the broken cup on the floor, “Areum, don’t touch it.” She worriedly said as she immediately run towards her but Areum already touch the crack and hurt her finger.

“I told you!” Eunjung nag at her while looking worriedly into the small blood on her finger.

Areum fake a smile as she glances back at the dark expression of Jiyeon as the whites in her eyes turned a pure black. “I am okay unnie.”

“No, you are not okay.” Eunjung angrily said as she helps Areum to stand up and assist her to go outside the room, “Let’s go to the pantry, there is a first kit there.”

Areum couldn’t say no anymore as she let Eunjung to guide her on the pantry inside the room, but before she could totally leave, Eunjung looked at Jiyeon coldly, “Your guest is waiting for you Jiyeon, don’t let them wait”

Jiyeon didn’t respond but she stepped out the room stomping her feet in revulsion, but the latter just ignored and let Areum and her go directly to the management pantry.

After the incident between her, Jiyeon and Eunjung. Areum just stare blankly to the older while she is busy looking out for the first aid kit simultaneously inside the room though Eunjung keeps on spacing out, Areum breaks the ice. “Are you okay?”

Eunjung stop as she glanced at Areum, there is a sadness in her eyes. The feeling that only Jiyeon can give, confusion and sadness all in the same sense, she sighed and face Areum completely looking down, “I am sorry for that Areum.”

Areum lips lifted upwards as she definitely seeing the different sides of Eunjung, her shoulder slumped, and head hung low. A grin spread over Areum’ s face, wide and open as she said, “Jiyeon seriously didn’t know that you like her, and I don’t know why you are hiding it from her where in fact that you both like each other.”

Eunjung glanced back at her as she looked at Areum wide eye, “Areum…” she could only utter,

“Unnie, we are not stupid enough not to notice that Jiyeon is spoiled because of you” Areum mouthed and the smile still plaster on her face.

She didn’t respond, but she smiles while shaking her head in disbelief, “I won’t say yes nor confirm it Areum,”

“I know, because you are afraid enough not to tell anybody unnie and I totally understand”

Eunjung words left her, she stared at Areum expression as she is trying to think what to respond, her feelings for Jiyeon is a sensitive topic that she couldn’t always touch because it always ended up in a heart break, her feelings grow deeper, and she doesn’t find a way out. When she heard Hyojoon setting her up with another man suffocates her, and her heart shattered into pieces.

“I am really trying my best to get rid of my feelings Areum, we can’t be together.”

Areum brows furrowed as she held Eunjung hands to meet her gazed, “Why are you deciding it for yourself? Did you ask Jiyeon?”

Eunjung looked down with mournful gaze and smirked, “Jiyeon wouldn’t like me the way I like her Areum, believe me, I have been signals on her for the past few years and she never even bother to notice, for her, I am just her older friend.”

Areum shake her head in disapproval but Eunjung finally glanced up at her and fake a smile, “Let’s all stop this conversation Areum,”

Her eyes shifted to the side again and became glazed with layer of tears. As she blinked, they dripped from her eyelids and slid down her cheeks. She bit her lip tightly in attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from ; her heart dropped, and Eunjung doesn’t want to talk about it, she would rather keep it and respect her decision.

-

“That’s almost the 7th time I heard you sigh,” Soyeon said while walking approaching Hyomin in the balcony sitting in front of her laptop while drinking her coffee, she sat down beside her.

“I am now having a head ache because I didn’t know that there are a lot of requirements opening a small photography business.” She mournfully said as she rested her chin on her left arm.

Soyeon smiled as she took the coffee from Hyomin and sip it, “Now I know why Boram keep on bugging me to enter page one since you will be busy with your new business,”

Hyomin looked at Soyeon as she said, “because you should be there in the first place,”

“I really appreciate it but as far as I can see, Boram and Eunjung alone as your full timer can take care of it.” She nonchalantly said as she looked at the sky above closing her eyes to feel the breeze touches her face.

“Yeah, but they have been super busy managing it, it will be best if you will be there and help them.”

Soyeon didn’t respond as she continue to feel the cold breeze of the night in their favourite spot at home, Hyomin unconsciously stared at her, the lines on her face etched the story of sadness but she is able to maintain the lively, warm and sparkling personality in front of everybody else and face that hides a lot of problems but can smile anyway.

“How are you Soyeon?” Hyomin sincerely ask,

Soyeon open her eyes and face softened, “Can I be honest with you?”

Hyomin smiled but she nodded giving her an assurance that she is listening, Soyeon left out a deep breath but the smile still on her face,

“I am not entitled to feel miserable because I always got your back and I don’t want to worry you guys so much anymore,” She said sincerely while looking at Hyomin face, “By next month, I will be working in page one, I will talk to Eunjung and finalize things in the office to what I can help.” She added.

Hyomin smile widely opening her arms to welcome Soyeon into her arms and hug her tight, “Finally Soyeon, you can also bring Eunwoo if you want, as far as I know we are still in need of a handsome waiter.”

Soyeon slightly grin and punches Hyomin shoulder, “You are such a teaser Hyo!”

Hyomin laughed, “He is really dang hot Soyeon, don’t tell me you are not into him?”

“He is young.” Soyeon could only say while shaking her head with Hyomin tease.