What matters most

7 Star - If you could only hear what i can't say

Chapter 2 -

 

 

While preparing at her room for her night duty, Areum knocked and open the door of Soyeon’ s room, “Unnie?” Areum said sneaking in,

 

“Come in Areum, I am still preparing for work anyway.” Soyeon said as she still continues to dress up before putting up some make up on her face. Areum glanced at Soyeon before she sat down to the corner of Soyeon’ s bed.

 

“Unnie,” Areum hesitantly said, Soyeon seem to notice it. She stops and look at their maknae, “Why Areum?”

 

Areum smile widely as she shakes her head, “It’s just that it feels like I haven’t seen you in a while, I kind of miss your never-ending nags.” She teased.

 

Soyeon looked at her and grin, “You must be so thankful that I wasn’t able to check on you from time to time.”

 

Areum didn’t respond as she notice the face of one of the strongest of them all, Areum sighed. “You looked so tired unnie, something bothering you lately?”

 

Soyeon couldn’t even respond, she knew how observant Areum can be, she smiles and held their maknae’ s hair but for some reason she also notices the strands of the hair unconsciously fall out completely at Areum’ s black hair, she looks at Areum suspiciously. “Are you sure you are okay dongsaeng?”

 

“What do you mean unnie?” Areum said looking down, she doesn’t want met her gazed.

 

Soyeon keep the hair that falls on Areum and discreetly putting it on her pocket. “I mean, do you feel something wrong with your body lately?”

 

Areum looked at her wide eye but she gets a hold of herself immediately before the latter could notice it, she fake laughed. “I feel so extra strong lately unnie!!”

 

Soyeon watched her intently, Areum sighed and smile genuinely at her friend, “Unnie, I know you are going through a lot lately. Stop worrying about me, you should have start worrying about yourself first.”

 

“Who said that I worry about you?” Soyeon tease, “I know you are kind of stupid, but I know that you are capable of what you are doing.” Soyeon sincerely said.

 

Areum smiled, she can feel Soyeon’ s warmth and sincerity, “Thank you unnie, I don’t want to be overly dramatic, but I really do appreciate it.”

 

Soyeon smile widely. “Just be healthy Areum, that’s it”

 

Areum nod and gave her an assurance smile.

 

 

--

 

 

Boram sigh and sat down to the graveyard both of her parents, Rows of tombstones stood stiff in silence to the left and right, in front and behind, how could have a place to be so full yet so empty. She poured in a bottle of soju to the grave and said, “Mom, Dad… I am here, you miss me?”

 

“I am doing good, no need to worry about me. The villa that you left with me has been taken care off and the girls became my family.”

 

She sighs, again. She drinks the other bottle of soju and smile, “In totality, I am doing good at the café so don’t get to worried about me.”

 

--

 

“Qri? Are you there?” Eunjung knocked on Qri’ s room, “It’s me Eunjung” she continues to say while knocking.

 

She slightly opens the door enough for Eunjung to come in, her bedroom wasn’t just a mess, it is a disaster zone, her t-shirts and dresses are everywhere.

 

Eunjung sighed and looked at her friend who nonchalantly looking at her, “How long would you let yourself be like this Qri?”

 

“If you are just going to talk more Eunjung, just get out.” She firmly said.

Eunjung walk towards the curtain and open it, “just leave the window open,”

 

“Just get out Eunjung, I don’t have any mood for anything”

 

When she turned at last to face Eunjung there is no trace of tears, not in her eyes or in track marks on her reddening face. her eyes are conical, firm, cold and hard that makes Eunjung taken aback.

 

“I-know that you wanted to be alone and you all have the right in the world to be alone but unnie…” Eunjung tried to explain but before she could even finish what she wanted to say Qri stops her,

 

“Are you trying to comfort me Eunjung?” She smirked, Eunjung looked at her wide eye, “Before you would even try to comfort me, try to realize to whom you should pay attention more.”

 

Eunjung brows furrowed, “What do you mean?”

 

“Let’s stop it from here Eunjung” Qri ended that makes the atmosphere difficult, Eunjung sigh but she turned her back on Qri and left the room.

 

As soon as Eunjung left the room, in no surprise, Jiyeon came inside Qri’ s room, glaring at her. “You shouldn’t do that to Eunjung, she only cares for you unnie!” Jiyeon yelled at her,

 

Qri smirked again, “That annoys you too much Jiyeon right? Your Eunjung care too much with other people but she is being insensitive with your feelings.”

 

Jiyeon looked at Qri wide eye and what she had said, caught her off guard, “Aren’t you getting too far?”

 

Qri brows furrowed, “That’s the reason why I wanted to be alone and just let me be!”

 

“Q-r…”

 

“Please go Jiyeon.”

 

-

 

 

Hyomin slumped at the chair in the coffee shop with Taemin, her boyfriend and Qri’ s ex, her brows creased and face tense. When Taemin sits, coffee in hand, he asks “Mind to tell me what’s wrong?” his tone casual and light.

Hyomin scowls at her coffee, “I don’t know anymore Taemin, I hurt my friend and if only she is saying something bad at me, I will accept it but no, she didn’t say anything nor talking with everybody else in the house”

 

Taemin takes another sip and then continues, serious faced, “She needs time Hyomin, I know her too well.”

 

Hyomin face crumbles, “I don’t know anymore, I miss her. I miss my friends Taemin!”

 

She wore a puzzled expression, she looked at him. Her heart doesn’t give him butterflies anymore. She can’t feel anything but lost and confused.

 

“I won’t let you go for the second time around Hyomin, please. Not only because of Qri.” Taemin pleaded and tried to hold her hands but she yanked it away, “She is not just any other woman whom we have hurt Taemin, she is Qri. She is already a family to me”

 

She stands up and left but Taemin follow her behind, “Where are you going Hyo?”

 

“I want to go home for now Tae, please.” She said as he met her hurting eyes. She knew that she can no longer take it, she is lost.

 

Taemin sigh as he let go of his arms at Hyomin hands, the latter smile bitterly, “I am sorry oppa, let’s talk some other time”

 

The last conversation with Qri haunted her, taunted her, replaying like an echo on her mind, she felt really guilty and she can’t get a hold of herself.

 

 

Qri felt emotionally bankrupt. The was nothing left to feel, nothing left to say, nothing left but the void that enveloped her mind in swirling blackness of the night, she run and follows her friends because the news came in by surprise and no one predict that’s its going to happen between them.

 

“Qri, please let’s talk.” She pleaded while Qri ignored her and continue walking in a rainy September, she can feel the coldness but Qri can’t feel anything on her body.

 

She run and tried to stop her,

 

“Qri, you might catch a cold,” and finally she was able to hold her arm and stop her from walking but Qri couldn’t face her.

 

Hyomin cried and about to kneel down because she was sorry, and she was being sincere but Qri stop her and finally said, “It is not your fault Hyo, He just doesn’t love me the way I love him… I am sorry Hyomin because I fell in love with the man who is destined to be with you.”

Hyomin cried harder, how can she be this considerate, she fell in love with someone who was already in a long-time relationship with her friend, she couldn’t be any more selfish.

 

“When the world seems so uncertain and blank with me, he was there. He was there to bring me light and the reason why I have to live longer Hyo, maybe that man came to me for me to learn that life isn’t just about us.” She continued, “He is yours now Hyomin, you wouldn’t hear anything from me, so please stop following me.”

 

Hyomin held her tighter but Qri pushed her away a little to let her go before she turns her back on her and leave her, hurt and wrecked.

 

Hyomin sighed, that night she couldn’t forget. That was the last night she was able to talk with Qri and no matter how everyone tried to talk to her, Qri pushes them and that makes her heart feel in pain.

 

 

--

 

While walking home, Boram struggling to keep her balance, she knows it. Her legs don’t work as she told them, neither do her hands and her fingers who keep on swirling on her own, she doesn’t want to sing because she is upset but she can’t help but to sing, loud and tone deaf.

 

“Neomu a-a-a-apa, naega a-a-a-apa Imankeum apeul georan geol nan jeongmal mollasseo Jeongmal a-a-a-apa, ma eumi a-a-a-apa”

 

 

Then suddenly Hyomin walking by the alley, she heard loud singing voice and when she can clearly see to whom that voice belongs to, she smiled and run towards her, “Boram unnie!! You are drunk.”

 

Boram looked at her in drunken state, “Uh, Hyomin?”

 

Hyomin giggled at Boram cuteness. “Aigoo… You let yourself drunk again?”

 

They continue walking but Hyomin helping her to stand straight and to not lose her balance along the way. “I am okay Hyomin, I drink because I am happy…” Boram said keep on struggling with Hyomin while trying her best to act normal.

 

Hyomin laughed and get along with her, “Okay I understand…”

 

As soon as they reach home, Boram giggled and shouted, “Dongsaeng your older sister is already home!!”

 

Hyomin continuously shaking her head while helping Boram to get into her room and change her clothes to comfortable until Areum approaches them, “What happen to her unnie?” Areum ask brows furrowed as she looks at Boram who is swirling around her bed while Hyomin picking up something on her drawer.

 

“She is drunk, she maybe went at her parents grave. Just give us cold water please and a towel, I have to change her clothes.” Hyomin said,

 

Areum in no time run at the kitchen to pour cold water, get the towel in the drawer and gave it to Hyomin immediately.

 

“I will changed your clothes unnie!” Hyomin said, she can’t help but to smile at their eldest. Boram was always like this, when she feels something uncomfortable, she will get drunk and come home almost wasted, all of them already get used at her behavior when it comes to her alcoholic desire. They have tried to stop her, but she seldom does it anyway.

 

“Neomu a-a-a-apa, naega a-a-a-apa Imankeum apeul georan geol nan jeongmal mollasseo Jeongmal a-a-a-apa, ma eumi a-a-a-apa” she continues to sing as if she doesn’t hear anything what Hyomin and Areum saying at her, Hyomin can only sigh and continue to change her clothes.

 

--

 

As soon as she finished to change her clothes and about to go to her room directly, she saw Eunjung in deep thoughts on the veranda while drinking coffee. She slowly approached the girl and tried to surprise her but Eunjung said, “I can smell your perfume Hyomin.”

 

Hyomin let out a small giggle and said. “A penny for your thoughts?”

 

She sat down beside her, crossing her legs. Eunjung sighs and sip in her coffee. “Nothing much, really”

 

Then they both sit in silence and watched the stars above, maybe this is what they needed the most in the world of people talk much about everything until Hyomin break it and ask, “How’ s the café? It’s been a while since a last visited.”

 

“There is nothing for you to worry Hyomin,”

 

Eunjung gave her an assuring smile, all of the girls worked in page one café aside from Areum until Soyeon decided to have another part time job, Qri didn’t come to work for few weeks now and Hyomin ask permission to the girls to have an indefinite leave.

 

“Can I ask you a question Eunjung?” Hyomin ask hesitantly.

 

Eunjung looked at her and a small smile came across to her beautiful and handsome face, all in the same sense. Her short black hair suited her personality that gave her the most charming looks compare with the others.

 

“Tell me”

 

Hyomin sighed as she locked eyes with her, she wanted to be sure if she can say something or ask something so sensitive for all of them.

 

“Have you ever been in love Eunjung?”

 

That caught Eunjung off guard and choke with her coffee, she looks at Hyomin who stay still, waiting for her response. She fakes a cough and get a hold of herself before responding, “Y-yes I think I do” She responded timidly.

 

“Did I make a right decision?”

 

Eunjung wasn’t able to respond, as much as possible she doesn’t want to take side because both are close to them, she doesn’t want to judge neither the person or the situation. Hyomin eyes got teary and looked at her, Eunjung sighed and held Hyomin cheeks,

 

“Are you happy Hyomin?”

 

Hyomin looked at her, Eunjung saw her fatigued engraved on her worn face, she knew other than Qri, Hyomin has been hurting too.

 

“If I were you Eunjung? What will you do?” Hyomin ask as she is trying to find comfort.

 

Eunjung smiled and brushed her hair, “People are different Hyo, my decision might be different from yours, but it doesn’t mean you are wrong, at the end, we are all learned our lessons.”

 

Hyomin breath out as her tears automatically run down to her face, Eunjung held her shoulder and gave her a slight hug. “The biggest comfort I can give you is a hug Hyo, believe me, good or bad. Everything will pass. Keep going.” Eunjung said sincerely,

 

Hyomin realized that these girls that she lives in weren’t just simply a good friend, they have become part of her soul and her happiness.

 

--

 

Jiyeon left at home and go to the nearest restaurant that she can at least drink and think, Qri words almost caught her off-guard, she knows that she is being careful with her feelings with Eunjung but Qri is able to caught her, all this time, Qri knew that Eunjung is all the reason In the world why she stays.

 

“That annoys you too much Jiyeon right? Your Eunjung care too much with other people but she is being insensitive with your feelings.”

 

She sighed in frustration and sip in another soju, “This is all Eunjung fault!! That insensitive brat!” She can only say to herself.

 

Continue to drink after drink until she almost passed out to her seat but thankfully Eunjung came in surprise and catch her from falling to her seat.

 

“This girl” Eunjung said and looked at Jiyeon drunken state, “I maybe drank Eunjung, but I know you are staring at me, stop.” She said while half asleep and awake trying to balance herself while sitting on the chair and Eunjung holding her shoulders kneeling in front of her.

 

She tried to sip in another drink but Eunjung prevented it, that makes Jiyeon looked at her wide eye but her drunken state almost fades away as soon as their nose touches and their eyes locked together. She loses her breath, this isn’t the first time that they are inches close, but this is the first time with the right feelings.

 

The way Eunjung looks at her differ from the last time, her eyes are alluring, and she can’t help but to be hypnotized. “Park Jiyeon.” Eunjung whispered giving her the never-ending butterflies, Jiyeon looked at Eunjung inviting lips with this kind of atmosphere, she won’t be able to stop her feelings anymore.

 

Eunjung felt her heart skips a bit, a feeling that she will never ever to consider growing, the feeling she keeping it unfold but what she is doing right now? Jiyeon pulled out and tried to fake a laugh, to release the tension growing into them.

 

Eunjung stand up, “stop acting up Park Jiyeon, get a hold of yourself and let’s go home.”

 

Jiyeon didn’t respond, she stays still trying to suppress the romantic feeling she just felt inside her heart. Eunjung sighed before she reached Jiyeon out and carry her in all her might.

 

“Ham Eunjung!” Jiyeon blurted out while she is already in Eunjung hands, “You are already thin, yet you are drinking Park Jiyeon, stop playing let’s go home.” Eunjung firmly said.

 

“No, I w…” before Jiyeon could finish what she wanted to say Eunjung stop from walking and glared at her, Jiyeon gulp, she hasn’t experience Eunjung being this mad and worried all in the same sense.

 

--

 

 

 

 

In the next morning

 

As the usual, no one stays at home most especially in the morning since they have gone for work aside from Areum, Qri and Hyomin stays both to their room. Areum stays in the kitchen and plan to cook for Qri and Hyomin, though everyone feels so awkward since the incident happened, Areum wanted them to at least talk and sort it out together.

 

At first, she is happily cooking not until she feels something on her stomach, Her mind screamed out as the pain drove through her stomach, The nausea she felt is too painful for her to bear but she is able to hold onto the table for support and breath out, but the knife on the table falls that Areum unconsciously tried to catch it and she falls from it.

 

“Aish,” She reacted as she felt the knife cut her right hand and the pain in her stomach increasing its waves, she held the knife so tight that she didn’t know that she is already bleeding so much, The dizziness is about to take over everything but she doesn’t want to passed out, or else they will all find out.

 

“Areum!” Hyomin looked at her wide eye and shocked,

 

Areum looked at Hyomin direction but she can no longer take the pain anymore until she finally ended black out. Hyomin run towards Areum and saw the blood on her dongsaeng’ s hands and her clothes, “Qri help!” she shouted,

 

Hyomin felt the panic begin like a cluster of spark plugs in her abdomen, the tension grew in her face. “Areum, Areum, wake up…” she said while she keeps on rubbing and patting Areum’ s cheeks, “Qri…!” She yelled asking desperately asking for help.

 

Qri open the door of her room and saw the two on the floor while Hyomin was already freaking out, she run towards the two and saw Areum lying on the floor and the blood continuously flowing to don’t know where, “What happened Hyo?” Qri said trying to be calm as ever, Hyomin is in a panic state that she can no longer process anything.

 

Qri sigh and run inside her room to find her mobile phone and immediately dial the emergency number, Qri tried her best to keep calm and collected, she run again to them and Hyomin already crying, she held Hyomin both cheeks and face her,

 

“Hyomin! Get a hold of yourself!” She shouted enough for Hyomin to stop crying and looked at her, “Breath in and out...”

 

As being told, Hyomin breath in and out slowly. Qri removed the tears from her eyes and said, “Ambulance will be coming in a few, let’s be alert”

 

Hyomin gave Qri an assuring nod,