FAMILY

7 Star - If you could only hear what i can't say

 

 

Taemin excitedly run towards Hyomin who waited for him in the convenience store, he didn’t expect to get a call from Hyomin since they have been busy with a lot of things at home.

 

As soon as she reaches the meeting place, He smile meeting her smiling eyes.

 

“I am really happy you call me first this time.” Taemin pout that makes Hyomin smiled widely and reaches her hand to him.

“Are you free today? I want to make it up to you.” She said,

 

Soft sky above as Taemin drove off the car to Hyomin’ s favorite place, the beach shore and he knew how she likes taking picture and love the sound of the ocean waves. As soon as they reach the place, Taemin and Hyomin walk along the shore and no-one speaking a word. The waves rolled in with a soothing sound until he reaches his hands unto hers.

 

“Can’t you tell me what is happening with us, Hyomin?”

 

Hyomin looked at his gentle eyes and he knew that she’s been hurting him. She wanted to tell him everything most especially the frustrations build inside of her, she smiled. “Why did you bring me here?”

 

Taemin arched her eyebrows as she they stop walking and face her, “This is your favorite place, right?”

 

“It is Qri’s favorite. Not mine.” She simply responded.

 

Taemin loss for words, as he remembers that Hyomin doesn’t like this kind of place, it makes her remember their childhood when they nearly drowned into the water while they were playing. He sighed, “I forgot, I am sorry” He apologetically said.

 

Hyomin smiled as they continue to walk in the shore. “To be honest, I totally get over my fears in water. Thanks to Qri.” She honestly said with a smile still plastered on her face,

 

Taemin couldn’t respond, she looked at the woman in front of her and he felt lost. He looked down,

 

“We have a good love story believe me, I thought that I won’t be able to move on and date another man if it wasn’t you – my childhood first love…” Hyomin continuously said,

 

She urges to cry but she wouldn’t let herself shivered or taken a back from her words, she has to voice out or let it all out at once, Taemin deserves to know what she has been thinking before anyone else. “But as time goes by, I lived in the imagination that I am the princess and you are my only prince and nothing else wouldn’t matter.”

 

Taemin get closer to her and tried to wipe the tears that are forming into her eyes, “I am listening” he sincerely said.

 

“But a lot of things already happened, and my emotions already change, I am sorry, I thought I love you more than anyone else.”

 

Taemin sigh, he can’t suppressed his tears anymore. There’s something solemn in his eyes and that made Hyomin heart-broken, she doesn’t intend to hurt anybody, but she did it anyway.

 

She looked up at Taemin as the tears automatically run down to her face, “I don’t think I will be able to love you if I have the guilt inside of me and I can’t stand seeing Qri to be hurt. She is already a part of me and that is something I don’t want to lose.”

 

Taemin brows furrowed, “Everything is going to be okay, And I know Qri…”

 

Hyomin shake her head in disapproval before she could even finish his sentence, “I know eventually she will accept us, but I won’t be able stand it.” She firmly said.

 

Hyomin cup his cheeks and removed the tears into his eyes as she finally said, “Lets end and close our love story from here Taemin. Thank you for being so patient with me, and I am really sorry.”

 

Taemin kept her eyes steady as the girl she loves turned around and walking away far away from him, he doesn’t have any courage to stop her because he done once with Qri, the woman who loved him with every bits of her heart, but he chose to break her heart. How could he ever have the courage to let Hyomin stay where he already hurt two amazing women in his life.

 

--

At night,

 

Areum sat down comfortably in the dining area where she tries to list down something on her notebook, she started writing on her notes, “What matter most” until Boram walk towards her coming from Soyeon’ s room. She slowly closes the notebook and hide it from their eldest.

 

“What was that?” Boram ask and sat down across.

 

Areum just shrugged her shoulder, “Did you eat unnie?” she asks trying to change the subject immediately.

 

Boram slumped her shoulder on the sit and sighed, “Yeah I did but Soyeon didn’t yet.”

 

Areum reach out her hands at Boram smiling, “Everything is going to be alright, she just needed time and we will give her that”

 

Before Boram could response, she saw Eunjung and Jiyeon coming in the house and both directly approached them, “How’s everything in the cafe?” Boram asks.

 

Both smiled as Jiyeon sat down beside Boram while Eunjung automatically goes straight to the refrigerator to get Jiyeon’ s water giving it to her directly and Jiyeon stands up for Eunjung to sit down on the chair and she sat on Eunjung’ s lap while playing on her phone, Boram discreetly grin as both didn’t know that it became their habit for almost half a decade being together.

 

 

Areum looked at Boram suspiciously and gave her a questioning look but the latter just shrugged her shoulder and let the two have their own world again.

 

Just a minutes later, Hyomin came with a bright smile written all over her face and Eunjung seem to notice it immediately. “I smell something good happened to you today Hyomin, your smile is different”

 

“Not that really good, but I really feel better” then she gives them a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of relief in everyone’s face, she sat down beside Areum.

 

“We can have our late-night snack and I will cook tonight!” she happily announces.

 

Eunjung, Areum, Boram and especially Jiyeon smile widely and that means nothing could go wrong, everyone agreed, and it has been a while since they have become like this.

 

“I will ask Soyeon,” Eunjung presented while everyone just agreed on her letting Eunjung to go at Soyeon’ s room.

 

She breath in and out before she came inside Soyeon’ s room and knocked twice. Eunjung knew how Soyeon could be, they are still the best buddy when it comes with the best decision of the group since they have both acting maturely rather anyone else.

 

In Soyeon’ s dark room, she saw her friend looking outside the window in deep thoughts while her hands crossed, she slowly approached her friend, “Penny of your thoughts?” She slightly teased trying to light the atmosphere between them but Soyeon continue to stay her gazed outside the window as she responds.

 

“Don’t worry about me guys, I will be okay. Eventually.”

 

Eunjung glanced at her as she can see the pain on her friend’s eyes. “No Soyeon, I personally don’t worry too much because what you have been feeling right now is normal, you are grieving, you’ve lost someone so important, don’t tell me you will be okay because sometimes it is okay not to be okay. And we are just right here.” She said sincerely as she can be.

 

Soyeon beautiful dark eyes well up and tears streak down her face, Eunjung continues. “Don’t even try to suppress your anger and sadness on what happened to your mother because you have all the right in the world to feel it and no one is stopping you.”

 

“When my father tried to molest me and died in jail, you guys never give up on me. You were all there in my darkest time, now that my mother lives me without telling me what went wrong, I want to be mad and I want to go hysterical and find someone that I can blame on why it is happening to me, but I find myself being comforted that I still have you and I can’t be more blessed about it Eunjung”

She responded as she bit her lips to prevent herself from crying.

 

Eunjung sigh, “You are the strongest woman I have ever met Sso, but I never expect you to be this strong.” She commented.

 

“I never got to tell my mother how much I loved her, I didn’t even got the chance to hold her close for years and that pains me Eunjung, but what can I do?” and that moment Soyeon can no longer stop her tears from flowing as she continues. “I never heard them told me they love me, I am just someone who shouldn’t come out in this world.”

 

Eunjung moved loser to give her a one tight hug while caressing her back gently, “That’s my girl. You should be crying.”

 

--

 

Areum went inside Qri’ s room uninvited while everyone is busy with Hyomin cooking and Eunjung is inside Soyeon’ s room, she saw Qri with her pajama and glasses on, while busy writing on her laptop. She approached the older girl slowly and trying to sneak on what the latter is doing.

 

“Tell me.” Qri coldly ask, as her natural personality.

 

Areum pouted and sat down at Qri’ s bed, “Hyomin is cooking outside, you have to go outside so that we can eat.”

 

Qri glanced at Areum. “I already ate, you guys can eat and make sure Soyeon will eat as well. I heard she haven’t ate anything since this morning”

 

“You should come as well.”

“Thank you but no thank you,”

 

Areum brows furrowed and sulk slumping her body at Qri’ s bed. “Unnie.”

 

Qri eyes glared, giving chills at Areum. “You looked pale and you lost weight so much, are you sure you are coping up so well?”

 

That stops her from moving, Areum knew that Qri is being sincere with what she have notice and throwing her question like that needed to be answered immediately.

 

“Yeah I do.” She hesitantly responded.

 

“That still stands our set up Areum, don’t let me see your pain or else I will tell the group and please…” Qri firmly said stopping midway to looked at Areum eyes, “Be healthy.”

A small smile came across Areum face and bit her lips to suppress the tears that are about to come out on her eyes, she nodded determinedly, giving assurance at Qri and finally said, “I will be healthy unnie.”

 

Qri sighed in relief and continue to what she has been doing, “You can go out and eat with the girls. Once I finished this, I will join you out.”

 

Areum immediately approached Qri giving her a back hug leaning her chin at her unnie shoulder, though Qri came it by surprise she didn’t move a bit and lean her younger sister to warm her heart. “Thank you Qri unnie, you might be so cold outside, but I know you care”

 

--

 

As they say, that the best nights are usually unplanned, random and spontaneous. In the end, when your friends become your family it is what you call a treasure. Boram, Qri, Soyeon, Hyomin, Eunjung, Jiyeon and Areum. No matter what they do, no matter how many times they screw up and think themselves. They just have to keep going as long as they have each other’s back and that’s all that matters.