Realization

7 Star - If you could only hear what i can't say

 

As soon as Soyeon enters the house look shabby and sleepy, her eyes is shocked and surprised with the blood on the floor, she looked around and went first at Qri’ s room, but Qri isn’t around, she can’t help but to feel anxious and her body automatically shaking as she have tried to dialed Boram first but the latter didn’t answer her calls.

 

She has tried to dial Eunjung number and gladly that Eunjung answered her, “Yes, Soyeon?”

 

As soon as she heard Eunjung voice, the tears that she is trying to suppress earlier suddenly flow out automatically, “H-Ham Eunjung,”

 

“What happened Soyeon, tell me.”

 

She couldn’t speak as her whole body is shaking, she didn’t know what to say or what to do, “Park Soyeon!” Eunjung yelled on the other line, “There is a blood at home, I don’t know to whom that is and….” Before she could even say more Eunjung answered her, “Soyeon, just calm down, I am on my way!”

 

“Please Eunjung, be fast.” Soyeon can only say.

 

--

 

Qri and Hyomin stays outside the emergency room to where Areum is being treated, they have been already waiting for her since an hour ago and they don’t have any idea what is going on inside. Hyomin holding her hands that is continuously shaking and biting her nails to prevent it, but she is still in panic state, Qri looked at her and noticed her t-shirt full of Areum’ s blood.

 

 

“C can you try to get a hold of yourself please? She will be fine” Qri coldly said, Hyomin looked at her and straighten up her slumped shoulder “Sorry.”

 

Qri brows furrowed before she tried herself to stand up, the waves of nausea adding to her misery and she can no longer take it, but she failed, she lost her balance and sank to her knees but luckily Hyomin is there, “Qri, are you okay?”

 

She didn’t respond, Hyomin held her both shoulders to help her stand up and sit beside her again, “This is because you haven’t eaten anything for few weeks...” and before she can completely rant at Qri’s attitude, the latter leaned her head into her shoulder comfortably. Hyomin drop her jaw to its surprise.

“I am just tired Hyomin, keep quiet and let me take a nap while waiting for the doctor”

 

Qri said closing her eyes and unconsciously tears run down to her cheeks, she didn’t know how much she misses Hyomin and the girls that given her with so much warmth. Hyomin stays still and smile a little; she didn’t expect that Qri’s has never changed her habit whenever they were together.

 

 

Until the doctor come out with a scowl on her face, Hyomin and Qri automatically stand up and meet him halfway. “Are you Areum’ s guardian?”

 

“Yes.” They both responded attentively.

 

They saw how the doctor sigh and firmly said, “Let’s meet to my office.”

 

As soon as they reached the office of the doctor and his announcement, suddenly their brain formulated with no thoughts other than register that they were all shocked to the sudden news that the doctor told them, their mouth closed and keep glancing at each other.

 

“Why no one of you ever attended her chemotherapy?” He asked.

 

No one of them couldn’t even responded, Hyomin’ s tears about to flow while Qri face stays still. No one in the group knew Areum’ s condition nor no one of them really paid attention.

 

“No one of her family members don’t know about this? Knowing that she is all fighting the pain alone, meaning she wanted to live, I am asking for you to at least be with her” The doctor said before he stands up and leave both of them alone.

 

 

Their face fell as if they weren’t sure what to feel about Areum’ s condition, it was kept for almost 2 months from them and how could she manage to hide it from them. Hyomin sighed and walk directly to where Areum is, following Qri behind.

 

As soon as they saw how pale Areum is, how unusual lightness of her skin hits them. How can’t they noticed the change in her for the few months? She opens her eyes slowly and saw Hyomin cries in front of her, she fakes a smile. “Unnie, you came together?”

 

She can still feel the pain in her arms, but she tried to sit down and face them as there’ s no response that she gets from them. “I am okay, it is just a simple scratch…”

 

 

Hyomin sobbed into her hands and the tears dripped between her fingers as she responded, “You don’t have to hide it anymore from us Areum, we already know everything.”

 

Areum eye widen, her breathing became ragged, gasping and the strength left her. Qri faces the wall, her face wrinkled, and her fist closed so tight. Hyomin shoulders are continuously shaking and the sound of struggling to breath against the crying.

 

“I have a favor to ask,” Areum firmly said looking through the eye of Hyomin,

 

“Don’t tell anyone, and I want you to act as if nothing happened, see. I am okay, and I am doing fine…” and before she could have been finish her sentence, Qri came towards her quickly, slapping right into her pale face. Hard.

 

Hyomin eyes widen and taken a back, she held Qri hands. “Qri!”

 

Qri face creased, “No Hyomin just let me be, because that favor asking for a slap!”

 

The slap was as loud as a clap and stung her face, eyes watering but Areum didn’t move a bit. A few minutes passed by Qri and Hyomin just stood there in silence looking at Areum, she smirked, trying to show her sisters how strong she could be.

 

Hyomin sighed at her dongsaeng expression then Qri finally said before she turned around and left Hyomin and Areum in the room, “If you want to keep it hidden, be sure that I will never caught you in pain or else, I will slap you harder even more.”

 

--

 

Soyeon thoughts are accelerating, she wanted it to stop and slow down for her to breath clearly, but they won’t. She walks left and right in front of their gate waiting for Eunjung to come in, until she finally saw the car light coming towards her and sighed.

 

Eunjung park the car in front of Soyeon, but before she could even respond, Soyeon hysterically cried that gains a small grin at Eunjung face, as soon as Soyeon notice it, her eyes furrowed giving Eunjung a questioning looked.

 

“Hyomin called me, she said that they are on their way home, she said that we shouldn’t be freaking out since the blood that you saw earlier was Areum, she accidently cut her arm, but it was just a mere cut and we shouldn’t be worried about her,”

 

Soyeon brows furrowed, the blood was all over the kitchen’ s and she doubt if it was accidently happened or anything else she couldn’t say anything more since Jiyeon’ s car arrived and immediately run towards them, “What happened unnie?” Jiyeon worriedly ask.

 

Eunjung held her shoulder and finally said, “We just have to wait for them to come home, they are on their way.”

 

That didn’t settle for Soyeon, but she nodded anyway.

 

 

--

 

In the taxi, Qri sit on the passenger seat while the other two is on the back. The atmosphere that seems to be unsettling and uncomfortable, Qri stared absentmindedly through the window while Hyomin keep on taking glances at Areum holding their maknae’ s hands.

 

They reached the home without talking with each other until Boram approaches them as soon as they go inside, “Areum! Are you okay?!” she worriedly asked, Boram eyes widen as she saw how her arms folded “Omg, you have to be careful next time”

 

Soyeon is busy cleaning the blood on the floor in the kitchen, Eunjung and Jiyeon came out to their room as soon as they heard Boram at Areum, Eunjung immediately run at Areum and worriedly asks, “Are you okay Areum?”

 

Areum fake a smile try to hide the pain she is still feeling on her stomach, “Yes unnie, can I sleep with you in your room?”

 

Jiyeon eyes widen but she couldn’t react, she is the one who supposed to be sleeping beside Eunjung.

 

“Anytime.” Eunjung cheerfully responded, she held her maknae’ s shoulder and help her to get seat on the sofa following Hyomin, Boram and Jiyeon behind, Qri walk out to her room and slam the door.

 

Boram throw Hyomin a questioning look but the latter just shrugged her shoulder. “What do you want to eat Areum?” Eunjung ask again as her full attention is with her, Areum smiles shaking her head, “I want to rest unnie.” She could only utter leaning her shoulder into her favorite sister.

 

“Let’s go then,” Eunjung said guiding Areum to stand up and walk directly to her room.

 

Hyomin sighed and walk towards the kitchen to drink the soju left in the fridge, while Soyeon stared at her every moved. “What Hyomin? Is there something wrong?”

 

Hyomin looked at her, she couldn’t response immediately as she is trying to suppress her tears, she made a promise to Areum and she will be respecting her decision, Jiyeon suddenly intrude wearing a scowl on her face, “There is nothing wrong unnie, see? She love being taken care by Eunjung, she will be fine.”

 

Boram shake her head joining them on the kitchen, “You don’t have to be so rude at Areum”

 

Jiyeon glared at their oldest member of the house while Boram just taken a back with Jiyeon’ s poker face. Soyeon stay still while Hyomin’ s move who seems to be spacing out since they came in.

 

“I have to rest, I am a little bit tired,” Hyomin suddenly said but before she could leave, Soyeon held her shoulder, facing her. “You can tell me everything and I know you know that, right?” She sincerely said as she could be.

 

Hyomin left out a heavy sigh and nodded as a response.

 

--

 

Eunjung left out a heavy sighed as she has been staring at Jiyeon the whole time in the back office of Page one café who they both works as a Managing Director, Boram who is on the other side of the table smile as she saw how Eunjung shoulder slumped looking towards Jiyeon’ s.

 

“You guys are both crazy, what’s happening to the both of you?” Boram whispered at her, enough for Eunjung to hear.

 

She sighed again and looked at Boram wide eye, “It’s been a week since that lady not talking to me and I didn’t even know why.”

 

Boram brows furrowed, “Have you asked her?”

 

Eunjung eyes narrowed shaking her head, Boram smiled. “That’s the point Eunjung, you didn’t even bother to ask, you both get a room.”

 

Before Eunjung could even respond, Jiyeon responded without looking at them, “Mind to lower your voice if you are talking about me? I am hearing you both clearly.” She nonchalantly said still focusing on the paper works in front of her.

 

“Jiyeon,” Eunjung called her but then again, she ignored her.

 

Boram stand up with a slight grin on her face, “I have to check the inventory and the sales downstairs, you both should behave.” She said firmly but no one of them responded, Eunjung just have a scowl on her face still.

 

As soon as Boram left, Eunjung walk towards Jiyeon. “Jiyeon, please talk to me.”

She sighed before her tone become serious as ever, “No Park Jiyeon, let’s talk. It is now or never”

 

But Jiyeon didn’t even alarmed, she knew Eunjung couldn’t take it anymore and to be honest, she’s liking it. She stood up brows furrowed meeting Eunjung glare, “There is really nothing wrong and there is nothing for us to talk about” She said, trying to get away with her, but Eunjung held her shoulder to prevent Jiyeon from going, she paused and sighed. “Just tell me what’s wrong then I will stop.” She cast her gaze and her eyes darkened, she glanced back at Jiyeon,

 

“We have been friends for years now for GOD sake, this is the first time that you haven’t talk to me for the whole week!” Eunjung voice sounded more pained than anything.

 

Jiyeon scowled, there is no turning back, she already started to believe that Eunjung and her would never be more than anything what they have right now, but how can she not melt on those black alluring eyes of her and before she could ever respond, Areum suddenly open the door in surprise that break their eyes locked.

 

“Areum,” Eunjung blurted out.

 

Areum smiled widely and approaches Eunjung, “Unnie, can we walk later at night after work hours?”

 

“Y—yeah sure.” Eunjung hesitantly said looking towards Jiyeon who is already busy with her paper works on her desk totally ignoring them. “You should come too Jiyeon,” Areum approaches her but she yanked her away a little bit hard, “I am fine. Thanks.”

 

Eunjung held Areum hands and shake her head, giving her a signal that she shouldn’t push Jiyeon to go with them, she nodded as a response, “Let’s go out now Areum, are you free? I want to walk the sidewalk.” Eunjung said, trying to be as cheerful as ever.

 

Areum smile, “Yes of course, I will have time for you”

 

“That’s my baby.” Eunjung finally said before they both left and go straight ahead downstairs.

 

Jiyeon fists began to clench and her jaw rooted, she hated to see Eunjung to be with someone else but that is something she couldn’t control, Eunjung is the type of person who love and care so much with everyone else, what had Qri told her still bothers her a lot and she doesn’t want anyone to notice what she really felt to Eunjung.

 

--

 

Soyeon step in the storage room of the convenience store to see Eunwoo doing her sales and inventory report, she smiled as she continues to stare at her handsome colleague. “Stop staring at me noona,”

 

The grin came across at Soyeon face, “How can you become so handsome young boy?” as she leaned on the boxes in front of him,

 

Eunwoo scowled while shaking her head in disbelief, he knew that Soyeon only teasing her, “Just because I am way too younger than you meaning I am still a boy noona” he said, pouting.

Soyeon smiled, “but for me, you are still a boy.”

 

Eunwoo sighed, “I don’t want to argue with you on that Noona,” he said disappointedly before he walks on and go to the cashier follow Soyeon behind smiling. “The baby boy is pissed.”

 

“I am not!” He blurted out,

 

Soyeon looked at her wide eye but the smile still plasters on her face, “See, you are still young that’s why you are getting worked up with what I said… Aigoo.”

 

Eunwoo didn’t respond as he continue to fix the items in front of the cashier while Soyeon still smiling at her handsome colleague.

 

--

 

At dinner time,

 

Qri and Boram stay at the kitchen while eating their dinner, Boram still eyeing Qri because the latter didn’t say anything nor looked at her since they started eating, then suddenly Qri blurted out, “Do you want to ask something?”

 

Boram smiled, “I just wanted to ask if you are okay?”

 

Qri stared at Boram, that’s one of the best traits of being the oldest, she can ask questions nonchalantly without being too sensitive or insensitive, Boram continue, “I am too glad, you are starting to get out of your room”

 

“I will be coming to Page one café; the staff needs me there. I know Eunjung is already having a hard time managing the kitchen alone”

 

Boram sighed, “You are right, you know that Jiyeon and I don’t know anything about the operations.”

 

On the page one café, Eunjung is the only person who knows to manage the operations inside the kitchen and about the coffee their serving, while Jiyeon is the Part time Finance Manager who also work as a model in an advertising company with Hyomin who does purchasing and accounts. Boram is in marketing and Floor Director while Soyeon and Areum takes their hands off to the café.

 

Qri didn’t respond as she get a water from the refrigerator, “And Eunjung has been having a hard time lately because Jiyeon doesn’t talk to her and get home late since she has back to back photoshoot.”

 

Qri glanced at Boram who seems to be disappointed, “have you asked Jiyeon why she is acting up?”

 

“You know Jiyeon temper, it is only Eunjung can calm her down. I just can feel that something really bothering her this past few weeks.”

 

But before she could say anything more, Hyomin came in and walk towards the kitchen to drink water but her face stunned as soon as her eyes landed at Qri, she looked down not meeting her gazed.

 

“Did you have your dinner?” Boram asked, Hyomin hesitantly responded, “Y-yeah I did.”

 

“Are you sure?” Boram worriedly asked, “You both lose wait already, so come here join us and you better get good food. I cooked these” the latter said firmly.

 

Qri sighed “Boram is right, you have to take your dinner” She stands up, leaving them on the kitchen going to her room directly.

 

Hyomin face darkened as she sat down across Boram looking down, Boram smiled. “That’s a good start building your relationship again, if you remember, Qri is cold as the usual but this time, at least she cared.”

 

That didn’t comfort her, but she smiled anyway, “Cheer up Hyomin, come on. Our house is getting stiff and gloom!” She said pouting.

 

Hyomin smiled, “It will all passed unnie, don’t worry too much.”

 

“I don’t worry too much, but seriously, stop all the dramas and hate.” She said irritatingly.

 

The interior of the house is focused around a large central hallway serving as the main avenue of the entrance area to the adjacent rooms. It has consist of 7 rooms with their own attached bathroom and on the balcony that they could enjoy the breeze, the sun and even sometimes sit out in misty rain, the kitchen with a 7-seater table where they can eat together as a family. Its been a long time without that bond, and most specifically Boram missed those time with the girls.

 

Boram and Hyomin can only sighed.

 

 

--

 

While walking at the hand river, the cold onshore breeze blew right through Areum’ s sweater, she felt really cold but having Eunjung on her side makes her heart warmth, “You look pale for the past few weeks Areum, are you sure you are okay?”

 

Eunjung ask worriedly as soon as they were able to sit down on the bench, Areum smiled and nodded, “You always taking good care of me unnie, so how can I not be okay?”

 

Eunjung eyes narrowed as she stared at Areum, “Why do I feel that you are hiding something from me?”

 

A small smile came across at Areum face and said, “You are the one who is hiding at lot from me Eunjung unnie!”

 

Eunjung eye widen as she shifted her place and looked at Areum closely, “What do you think I am hiding from you guys, because I don’t think I am,”

 

Areum looked at Eunjung and try to study her but at the looks of it, Eunjung has been spacing out since earlier, “Jiyeon must be hating me for taking away her Eunjung,” She said,

 

Eunjung brows furrowed, “What do you mean?”

 

Areum left eyebrow raised and continue to study Eunjung expression, she knew how lacking feeling or tact Eunjung can be, but she isn’t aware that Eunjung can be this worst, “You don’t know your feelings with Jiyeon?”

 

“W—why are you like that Areum?” Eunjung uncomfortably utter and trying to prevent Areum gazed, A small grin came across the maknae face, “Why are you spacing out since earlier unnie?”

 

Eunjung sigh, “Jiyeon,”

 

“What happened to her?” Areum ask, the smile still plastered on her face,

 

“I don’t really know what went wrong, we have a really weird relationship right?” she said while the smile automatically came across to her handsome beautiful face.

 

Areum nodded as a response.

 

--

 

Boram and Soyeon decided to have a walk along the house area, it is something they do as an exercise whenever they have free time since the girls were busy on their own, “It is really a good start for Qri and Hyomin, at least Qri already went out to her room and she said she will go back to work next week.” Boram said,

 

 

Soyeon smiled, “I told you Boram, you should just give them a time, most especially Qri.”

 

She sighed, “I just felt bad for everyone since that day, we weren’t able to bond anymore.”

Soyeon grin and wrap her hands around Boram shoulder, “Why are you so dramatic Boram? You have me!”

 

Boram grin, as she removes Soyeon hands away and increase her walk, Soyeon follow behind laughing, “You are such a kiddo,” she teases, Boram face creased as she looked at Soyeon.

 

“You really like to bully me!” Boram said,

 

Soyeon shake her head while smiling and trying to stop Boram from walking to fast until they finally reach the playground and sat on the swing.

 

Boram sighed, “Again?” Soyeon looked at her and this time her brows furrowed.

 

“I am just missing the girls so much, I mean, even Areum and Jiyeon, their relationship is getting worst.”

 

Soyeon shake her head in disbelief,

 

“because Jiyeon is like a baby, and it is all Eunjung fault.” Boram added,

 

Soyeon sigh and responded, “Nope. I know there is something more in there.”

 

Boram let out a frustrated sighed while Soyeon stared at her and smile before they continue to play on the swing. stars filled the sky like pale corn into freshly turned ground. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold. Boram smiles as she saw how Soyeon smile back to being so bright and happy.

 

“Since when did you became so matured Soyeon?” She sincerely asks, that made Soyeon stop and looked at her, smiling.

 

“Everyone get matured and needs to be like one Boram,”

 

Boram shake her head in disagree, “Your smile has changed, and you think that no one notices that?”

 

Soyeon looked at her wide eye brows furrowed, but Boram continues, “because I do. I know that there is something that keeps on bothering you, tell me Soyeon, don’t be like the other girls.”

 

She looked down and doesn’t want to meet her friend gazed, she fakes a smile. “I just miss my mother Boram, its been a while since the last time I saw her, I have been trying to call her number, but she doesn’t answer my calls.” She cast her gazed onto the ground and her face darkened,

 

She’s been trying to hide her longing feeling towards her mother, but she keeps on getting caught by Boram.

 

Boram stood up from the swing and sit in front of her eye level as she sincerely said, “Just cry Sso, Sometimes, it is okay not to be okay”

 

Soyeon bit her lip tightly in an attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from , Boram knew how Soyeon suffers, she never felt being loved by a mother and that’s how she became a motherly like to everyone in the house, she doesn’t want anyone in the girls feels the emptiness of being alone but on the inside she lives in a never ending sadness.

 

--

 

Jiyeon take a deep breath, she stands up from her computer table and looked at window outside, for the past 3 years, she’s been doing a good job about how to suppress her feelings towards Eunjung, what Qri told her really scares her and caught her off guard.

 

It was never easy for her to keep it hidden, and it might end very bad. She doesn’t want to ruin her friendship and she wouldn’t be able to stand it if she loses Eunjung. She doesn’t even know what she’s been doing, how can she treat Eunjung that way when the latter didn’t know anything about her feelings.

 

She felt angry whenever her attention lead to Areum, she can see how different she looked at Areum unlike the other girls and she couldn’t just accept the fact that the attention she was getting with Eunjung became half since she came.

 

Then she heard a knock from her door, then her heart pumps. No one would ever knock her door like that if it wasn’t Eunjung. “Who is that?” She calmly asks as she slowly approaches door, “Do you really need to ask that Jiyeon? You know that it is me.” Eunjung responded,

 

Jiyeon breath in and out before she opens the door looking at Eunjung nonchalantly, “Yes?”

 

Eunjung pouted as she notices the way Jiyeon looked at her, “Eunjung, I am serious, I will be busy since I have to finish the final statement of the café because I have schedule photoshoot tomorrow.”

 

“I just want to be with you tonight Ji, but if you are too busy. Okay” Eunjung said head hung low and before Jiyeon could even take her back her harsh monotonous words to Eunjung, Qri called her from behind. “Eunjung, can we talk?”

 

Jiyeon looked at Qri’s cold aura staring at her directly in the eyes,

 

Eunjung smiled “Yeah sure Qri,”

 

She looked at Eunjung, but the latter didn’t meet her gazed, she just went out with Qri going to the balcony.

The stars in the sky were nonexistent, But the clouds stretched over the sky, giving it a foggy gloomy feel. Eunjung sat down with Qri on the bench while looking from a far, Eunjung break the ice.

 

“Is there something you want to talk?” She asks sincerely,

 

Qri looked at her narrowing her eyes trying to study her friend expression most especially from earlier. “You Eunjung? Do you want something to talk about?” She asks back,

 

Eunjung smile and looked down, this is what her relationship with Qri as friends, When the pressure of her day is inside of her like a ticking bomb, when she needed something to vent it out in a very safe place, she will find herself looking at Qri and that same goes for her, the time when Qri found out about the relationship of Hyomin and Taemin, Qri was able to rant about what she truly feels without everyone knowing.

 

“I am glad you are back Qri,” She said,

 

Qri face creased, “I just needed time to get a hold myself, and I apologize on the way I act the last time you came with me” then finally she smiled,

 

“It’s my bad timing, I guess?”

 

A small grin came across at Qri face, the expression she could only see once in a while. Eunjung smile.

 

“It is no one’s fault Eunjung, I let go of the feelings I had with Taemin most especially I have to do it because my friend loves her since childhood and I don’t have any right to stop everyone from being happy just because I was hurt, the world will continue to keep turning and so do I.”

 

Eunjung sighed and closes her eyes as she let herself to feel the coldness of the wind whistling around.

 

--

 

In the next day,

 

Areum continuously attending her chemotherapy session with Hyomin, the latter insist on getting and checking her schedule of chemotherapy for her to personally accompany her dongsaeng, she knew how stubborn Areum can be.

 

As they walk along in the hospital lobby going to the specified room, Hyomin sigh.

 

Areum held her sister hand and gently caressed it, Hyomin glanced at Areum and the latter gave her an assuring nod.

 

“You will be okay right?” She worriedly asks.

“You already asked me a thousand times earlier in the car unnie, I will do good most especially I know that I have you waiting for me.” Areum said tapping her sister hands to calm her down, a small smile escape from her lips while staring at Hyomin.

 

“How are you unnie?”

 

Hyomin eyes widen as she looked at her dongsaeng, “Seriously you will ask me this question at this time?”

 

Areum eyes brows but the smile still plasters on her face, “Why I can no longer ask anymore, how is it going? I am sick, but I am still sensitive,”

 

Hyomin sigh again and her shoulder slumped to where they were sitting and looked down, “To be honest I can’t think straight Areum because I know you are in pain and I can’t do anything about it”

 

“That’s the reason why I don’t want tell you about it. Qri unnie has been visiting me in my room since she knew about these stupid thing in my body, and she thought that I am not noticing her,” Areum said in a voice that was barely audible.

 

She stared blankly at Hyomin, A friend who always wear a fake smile because she always thought that life would be easier that way. “Hyomin unnie, are you happy with Taemin?”

 

Hyomin stared at Areum’ s eyes, determined not to looked away first, she isn’t certain about what would be the word to describe her pain and her feelings towards Taemin and her friendship with Qri.

 

“I don’t know, I thought that what we and Taemin have, is something so magical but lately I have been hurting him and I hate myself for not being a responsible woman for her, I always feel guilty towards Qri and I don’t think I can still stand choosing Taemin over her” She finally said,

 

“Qri will be fine, and I don’t think that is what Qri would like to hear from you.” Areum responded.

 

She sighed again and in deep thoughts, “I really do thought that Taemin is the answer to all my prayers since I have been searching for him since we were a little, He is the man of my dreams and my childhood sweetheart.” She glanced back at Areum who looked at her earnestly waiting for her to continue. “but a lot of things already happened, and our love story ended to long time ago so does my feelings”

 

“What are your plans?”

“I don’t really want to lose Qri, she is a family, someone who has been there for me since we’ve been living together in 9 years. We have shared our 20’s together, and I don’t know why I put myself in this situation just because of my past feelings that was totally not there anymore for Taemin”

 

Areum brows furrowed as she is starting not to understand what she has been trying to say but Hyomin finally gave her a genuine smile, a smile that have been missing for quite some time. “All I am saying is, I will do my best to correct my mistake and I have learned my lessons.”

 

Before Areum could ask anything more, the nurse called out her name to prepare. Hyomin smiled again as she gave her dongsaeng a fighting signal giving her an assurance that she will be waiting for her.

 

--