chapter 5

Rescued beauty
Chapter 5
[CONTENTID2]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID2]
 

At work, Jin could not focus properly. The phone call left him puzzled. That afternoon he thought about Sowon more than the papers that were laying on his desk. Fortunately, he didn’t have any business meetings today. So he was able to hide it from his colleagues and secretary.

 

His friends only heard the information later that day. It was already night and Jin had asked Yoongi and Jimin to come to Yerin and Taehyung’s house after their work. Jin was unaware that it would cause trouble for yoongi, as he wanted to re-record certain parts of (G)I-DOL newest song. Yoongi withheld that information from him. If Jin needed help with the breakup, then he wanted to be there for his friend.

 

Sadly, Jimin couldn’t come to the meeting.It was a week before his performance and he was too busy to come. He’s an acclaimed dancer and is currently working on a show he choreographed himself. It was his first show where the choreography was all his, and the next chapter of his successful career relied on it.

 

Jin’s friends were curious about what he had to say. Only Yoongi knew about the encounter with Sowon, and he did not tell the others. Yoongi was afraid that Sowon’s presence might open some long forgotten wounds in their circle of friends. He was especially worried about Yerin. Everyone saw how devastated she was when Sowon did not come to her wedding. He didn’t want his friends to suffer anymore.

 

About a year after the breakup with Sowon. Jin stopped talking about her. He never asked Yerin or Eunha if they had contact with her. He never discussed Sowon with his friends. He didn’t even compare Irene to her. He showed them that Sowon was completely out of his life. It was only occasionally (when he was drunk and weary) that he confessed how much he thinks about her. So it was a surprise to all, including Yoongi, when he started with: “We need to talk about Sowon.”

 

Her name sounded so foreign, after four years. They buried her after the wedding. Afterwards, she was never mentioned in any of their conversations. But they listened in shocked as jin explained what had happened. The encounter in the store and his phone call with her father.

 

For a few minutes they stared at him in shock.

 

“I agree, something is wrong…  What are they hiding?” Yoongi broke the silence. At first, he wasn’t worried about her. Sowon was not a weak woman. She was not the type of person who would do something against their wishes. So he was confident that whatever trouble she had, she could save herself. But to hear that her father was crying, that raised the alarm.

 

Besides Yoongi sat Taehyung and Yerin. Their shock turned into worry. Taehyung looked at Yerin and put his hand on her leg. “Are you okay?” He asked concerned. She was staring at jin, disturbed by the the information she had just received. “Yes” She said and gently pet his hand.

 

With a troubled expression she stood up and took her phone from the brown coffee table. The guys eyed her curiously, but she ignored their stares. She needed to inform Eunha of the situation. So without warning, she hurriedly left her living room and walked straight towards her bedroom.  

 

The boys followed her with their eyes, but they did not call her back or follow her. Only Taehyung stared at the door opening as his wife left.  He was worried.

 

“Guys what do we do?” Jin asked

 

Yoongi was perplex. “Can we do anything? We don’t even know what the situation is, and on top of that her own father is afraid of the police.” He was disappointed that Jin was ready to jump into trouble for Sowon. A part of him was bothered by his friend’s foolishness for the woman.

 

“Well sitting here, waiting for god knows what, won’t solve anything!” Jin snapped in frustration.

 

“I never said we should sit around, waiting for the situation to magically disappear.” Yoongi said stern.

 

Taehyung looked at the two with wide eyes. He suddenly hated Jimin for no showing up. Yoongi and Jin were a few older than him, and he was awkwardly in the middle of their argument. He would’ve felt stronger with someone from the same age (jimin), or Yerin was there. She knew what to do in these situations. To make matters worse, this was about Sowon. Sure, Jin’s story made him worried. But he will never forget how Yerin cried in his arms when Sowon said that she wouldn’t come to the wedding.

 

He straightened his back and found the courage to speak. “ I kind of agree with Yoongi. We know so little of something that might not even be a big deal or worst, something that’s bigger than us. Maybe we should go to the police. Even if it’s just to inform them of our worries.”

 

“I don’t think that that’s a good idea. We might worsen the situation for Sowon.” yoongi said. He stared at the floor and pondering about the situation. “Jin, maybe you can get more information out Mr Kim if you visit him.”

 

Yoongi regretted saying that immediately after he looked at Jin. Jin suddenly looked drained. His body slumped in his chair and he looked at Yoongi with hollow eyes. He had to process a lot emotions these past few days, and it finally took its toll on him.

 

“I’ll go with him” Yerin suddenly announced. Yerin came back, unnoticed by the three men. She just got off the phone with Eunha. It was a tiresome conversation, as the latter freaked out and Yerin had to calm her down.

 

“No I don’t want you to get involved in all of this.” Taehyung said worried.

 

She ignored Taehyung and looked at Jin. “Jin, I know Sowon’s father better than you. He’ll probably talk more freely with me.”  There was a determination in her voice and Taehyung knew that it was better not to argue with her.

 

“Jin why don’t you take a rest. Take a week off from work and let Yerin and Taehyung go to Sowon’s father.” Yoongi advised and took advantage of Yerin proposal.

 

Jin looked sternly at Yoongi. “No yoongi, you guys are doing this with me. I’m going!” Yoongi knew that face well. Jin was dead serious and nothing could change his mind.

 

They continued to discuss whether they should bring Eunha too, but Yerin was against it. She loved Eunha, but Eunha was too panicky in certain situations. Having her around would only be stressful for Yerin. But regardless of who was going with Jin, to him, he was going. Ever since he heard Mr Kim cry, he wanted to take care of him. But most importantly, he wanted answers.

 

Fatigue hit Jin as he walked towards his car. He parked it on the street near his friends’ apartment. It was only a five minute walk, but he regretted it. He wanted to be in his bed and finally take the rest he needed to wake up early next morning. He was seriously contemplating Yoongi’s advice to take a break. But  he knew that that would only hurt his career.

 

Poor Jin, his night didn’t end here. As he neared his car, he saw a familiar figure on the other side of the road, looking at him. It was the red haired girl. She was leaning on a tree and a smirk lingered on her face.

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello my lovely readers. I wasn't planning on updating this week, but I couldn't stop myself. I hope you enjoy the fanfic and feel free to comment. I read every single one of the comments, and I'm so happy that people are enjoying this story. Thank you so much for all the positivity <3 Don't forget to subcribe if you want to follow this story.