Ghost from the past

Rescued beauty
Chapter 3
Ghost From the Past
 

Around eight o’clock  in the evening, yoongi was driving too Taehyung and Yerin’s house. Earlier he got a call from Taehyung while he was working on the newest album of (G)I-DLE. Yoongi was a famous producer in the industry, and was having a great year with a string of hit songs he produced for other musicians.

 

Taehyung called in distress to inform him that they had found Jin in front of their house. He was crying about Irene and they eventually had to calm him down.

 

Yoongi asked what happened, and the answer shocked him. Irene cheating on Jin! That was  A situation Yoongi thought would never play out. She was his friend, a person he’d thought he knew. His friendship with her was also one of the reasons why Yoongi had set them up for a blind date. Irene would’ve never treated Jin the way Sowon did. But he was wrong, just like he was about Sowon many years ago.

 

Yoongi gnashed his teeth as he past a car from the right. The traffic wasn’t fast enough for him. Memories from four years ago flashed through his mind and he felt sadness. Sadness for his friend. Why does the same thing have to happen to him, again?

 

Yoongi reached their front door huffing and puffing. The elevator took too long, for him, to come. So he decided to walk the five staircases to their apartment. Something he deeply regretted half way up.

 

Yerin opened the door. “Oh Yoongi, you’re here.” she said, relieved to see him.

 

She went in for a hug and he answered it halfheartedly. his mind was with jin. Yerin noticed it, but wasn’t upset. She understood what he was going through.

 

“He’s in the living room with Taehyung.” she said and Yoongi quickly walked in.

 

Yoongi, Yerin and Taehyung sat at different places in the living room. Yoongi and Taehyung were obviously sitting closer to Jin than Yerin. But she kept an eye on him as the boys spoke. She was just as worried as the other two boys. She was there four years ago, and she had never seen a man so broken before.

 

“I can’t believe I let it go this far” Jin cried. “If only I hadn’t focused so much on getting that damn promotion.”

 

Taehyung patted him on the back. “Don’t put all the blame on yourself. She said that it happened before you started focussing on it...and remember, she’s the one that cheated.”

 

“But I could’ve prevented it from happening” he said. For a moment, he regretted every decision he made in their relationship.

 

“Hey don’t be too harsh on yourself” Yoongi comforted him. “You never know what happens in a relationship. Maybe Irene would’ve found another reason to cheat on you.”

 

The three men didn’t even realize that Yerin had left the room. She came back with a tray and three glasses of milk, multiple candy bars and large piece of chocolate pie on top of it. She put the pie and a glass of milk in front of Jin with the candy bars on the side. She eyed the other two boys to take their drinks, and they did.

 

Jin eagerly took the pie and shoved a big chunk into his mouth. He loved food and especially sweet desserts. The pie melted on his tongue and sweet chocolate flavours bursted in his mouth. It was just what he needed.

 

He looked at yerin and gave her a thankful smile. She gave him a warm smile back. To her. It felt like it was the only thing that she could do. They were friends, but they were not so close.

 

The three were quiet as Jin ate his pie between his sniffs. Seeing him eat, made them wonder if he had dinner yet. The answer was no. His dinner was supposed to be with Irene, and he went straight to Taehyung after he left.

 

“I don’t know where to go now. All my stuff are at the apartment, and I have no idea who’s going to live there and who’s going to leave.” Jin said after finishing his pie. He wiped his mouth with the napkin on the tray and leaned backwards to let himself fall on the backside of the couch.

 

“You already decided to break up with her?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Well, she couldn’t answer me when I asked her if she loved me. So that basically settles the deal.”

 

Yoongi Sighed and looked at his friend who looked worned out. “Sleep on it or wait a few days before making any big decisions.” he advised.For a second or two Jin thought about it before agreeing.

 

“Hey Yoongi, can I sleep at your place tonight? I think I’ll be a nuisance for Yerin and Taehyung if I stay here” Yoongi said yes and Jin would later go home with him. Even Though, the married couple assured Jin that were okay with him staying.

 

The four talked for another hour, and the tension was significantly lighter than before.  

 

Taehyung called jimin to inform him on the news. He wanted to come, but Taehyung advised him not too, since Jin and Yoongi were about to leave.

 

They bid their goodbyes and when Jin out of earshot Yerin and Taehyung made Yoongi promise to call when he gets home.

 

“You know I’m always here for you.” Yoongi said when they were in the car. “I know mate” Jin chuckled.

 

“ Can we go to the convenience store? I want to buy a few chocolate bars if you don’t mind” Jin asked. Yoongi agreed and he started the car.

 

On the way to the store, it was mostly quiet. Yoongi wanted to start a conversation, but then he looked at Jin. He was looking at the stars and he looked so peaceful. Yoongi didn’t want to ruin that calmness.

 

It was only a ten minute drive to the nearest convenience store. When they arrived, the store was nearly empty. There was a man and a woman in front of the entrance. The man was pacing up and down the pavement while woman stood there with her arms crossed. A couples quirrell was Yoongi’s first instinct.

 

The man and woman looked at Yoongi and jin as they stepped out. The man was tall. Not as tall as Jin, but definitely taller than Yoongi. He was slim and looked like he was good in shape. The woman had copper red hair. She was just a few centimeters shorter than Yoongi, and she had those beautiful long model legs that really showed in those blue skinny jeans she was wearing.

 

Yoongi and Jin glanced at them, but did not pay any further attention to them.

 

As they walked inside the store, the scent of air fresheners welcomed them. Inside It was dead and even the worker at the counter was zoning out.

 

“I need to buy some ramyeon soup. I’ll be at there if you need me.” Yoongi said.

 

Jin nodded. He appreciated that Yoongi gave him space and did not babied him like Taehyung or Jimin would do. He walked towards the the first rows of products. They were cleaning supplies. Far from the products Jin wanted. He stood on the tip of his toes and looked around until he saw packages of gelatin candies. He walked towards the packages and a few steps from the candy products were the chocolate candy bars.

 

In front of him there were all sorts of chocolate products. He carefully scanned the packaging, in search for a visual that looked tasty.

 

Tick clack  tick clack tick clack

 

Jin heard the sound of heels coming from his right. A woman came into the same store path as him. Both did not look or pay any attention to each other, but they were aware of their presence.

 

It was only when the woman moved to look at the products at the other side of the path, that Jin decided to take a look. He first noticed her purple high heels that sparkled in the store’s lights. Her dark purple dress started a little bit above her white thin ankles. He didn’t want to check her out, but her legs went on and on. This girl had beautiful long legs. It reminded him of someone.

 

Then he came to her upper body. Her light brown hair reached her middle, it was curly and messy, as if she walked a few 100 metres in strong wind. He saw her side profile and froze. He recognized her and unintentionally said her name, Sowon’s name.

 

Sowon Looked towards the person who called, shocked. Her makeup was smudged and streams of mascara was running down her face. Her red, swollen eyes widened when she saw Jin. A few tears escaped and rolled down her cheeks.

 

Sowon dropped the box of tissues she was holding and took a step towards jin. He could not believe that she was in front of him. But disbelieve turned into worry when he saw the state she was in.

 

“What happened?”

 

She heard those words and Sowon started whimpering. “Jin” she started, and you could hear the hoarseness in her voice. She wanted to say something else, but before she could.

 

“Mrs Kwon!” The red haired woman from before suddenly called. She was standing at the beginning of the path, looking at Jin and Sowon.

 

The name made Sowon flinch and she took short breaths. But she didn’t listen to the woman, she continued to look at Jin.

 

“Mrs. Kwon!”

 

Again, sowon did not look.

 

The red haired woman became worried and finally said: “Beauty, we need to go.”

 

That got a reaction from Sowon. It triggered something in her and she wiped her tears away. She gave jin one last glance and ran to the red haired woman. Together they quickly walked out of the store without buying anything.

 

Jin tried to follow, but the car with Sowon in it had already left.

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hope you enjoyed!