Goodbye Beauty

Rescued beauty
Chapter 1
Goodbye beauty
 

It happens quite often, when Jin recalls back those moments he spent in college with Sowon. They met at a cafe near their university. Most students went there to socialize or to do homework for an hour or two. One day, Jin decided to check it out. He went there with Yoongi, a guy he met at the introduction week. They went at a quiet hour and sat at a table near the windows. Both were impressed by the homely design of the cafe. You felt comfortable and warm sitting there.

 

Soon, to Jin, the design was not the only body that left a good impression. There were two waitresses working. One was short, but she had good proportions and a cute face that never failed to put a smile on every single one of her customers. Her colleague, on the other hand, was tall and left everyone, man and woman, envying over her beautiful long legs. Jin could not help, but to take a second look. As a tall guy himself, he prefered the tall girls.

 

That tall girl was Sowon, and she was their waitress. It was when she laughed at one of his corny jokes that she truly sparked Jin’s interest.

 

He came back frequently, and conveniently at the hours when she was working. Although it took him quite a while, he finally had the courage to ask her out. Luckily, Sowon developed a crush on him. There wasn’t a day where he wasn’t cheerful, and he always managed to make her smile, even on the stressful days.

 

From then on, it went fast. Their personalities went together like peanut butter and jelly, and they were able to be open and vulnerable with each other. They had their fair share of quarrels. But they talked them out like adults, and after every fight they had a stronger relationship.

 

They dated throughout college and were known as the clingy love birds. Their friends and bystander could already hear the wedding bells from a distance. The saddest part is, that it nearly happened. They both thought of each other as the love of their lives. But then everything changed.

 

Jin had already prepared everything for the event. It was at the cafe where they’d first met. The owner lent him the place for the whole evening. Even Jin and sowon’s circle of friends decided to help out for the proposal.

 

With Sowon’s favourite food, friends posed as waiters, a beautiful diamond ring, and her father’s blessings, Jin was confident and excited to ask Sowon to marry him. He had find a good job after college and three years after their graduation they were finally financially stable. They were going to do this together. Together, they would go through life and whatever hardship it brings, together.

 

It was as if his world shattered in a million tiny glass pieces. Sowon came in and she saw Jin standing there with a smeraldo flower in his hand. Slowly she approached him and before he could say anything, before he could kiss her or propose to her. She looked at him with teary eyes.

 

“I’m sorry Jin. I’m breaking up with you. I’ve found someone new with who I’m happy with. Please understand.”

 

Jin’s heart was not the only thing that scattered. Sowon became not only distant to him but also towards her friends.

 

Her two best friends, Eunha (the cute waitress) and Yerin, wanted an explanation from her. Sure, Sowon could fall out of love with Jin. But she never showed any of those signs, and shealked to them about being confused over her feelings. Sowon’s revelation was so unexpected, that the two girls wondered if there was something more behind it.

 

Then there was the mystery guy, the one who stole her away from Jin. For seven years, Sowon had only looked at Jin. For Eunha and Yerin this dude randomly came into the picture. In fact they felt betrayed that Sowon did not disclose her affaire with them.

 

They wanted answers. Everyone wanted answers.

 

But Sowon changed. That night, Sowon packed her bags and left the home she shared with Jin, to live with her new boyfriend. Then, Sowon distant herself from her friends, and only reply through text :

 

“I’m fine, don’t worry.”

 

“I’m settling in right now.”

 

“Can’t come over for a while. Sorry”


 

Jin did not know how Eunha and Yerin managed to do it, but the girls had one last meeting with Sowon. That meeting forever changed their friendship, because Eunha and Yerin became more detached from Sowon.

 

One afternoon, Jin tried to ask them about the meeting. both became quiet, and they had a facial expression that Jin could not read.

 

“Go on with your live Jin. I think that it’s better without her.” Yerin stated coolly.

 

She tried to be calm, but her low tone and straight face let slip an underlying anger within in her. Jin never asked about the meeting ever again.

 

The final nail in the coffin came a year later at Yerin’s wedding.  She was getting married to her own college sweetheart, Taehyung. Taehyung was on his part, good friends with Jin. Although they were at first worried of the interactions Jin and Sowon would inevitably have.

 

But Sowon did not even show up for Yerin’s wedding.

 

It was then very clear, not only too Jin, eunha or Yerin. But also too Jin’s friends that it was over. Sowon did not only break up with Jin, but also with them.

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hope you enjoyed!