A page of past

The Soulcode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

"Hold it together, Im Nayeon."

 

"It will over soon."

 

Staring into her own reflection on the mirror, Nayeon tried to let out a smile before grimaces when she saw how fake her smile was. Pathetic, yes, that was the only right word to describe how she look like now. She lets out a humorless chuckle when she felt the burning sensation again and her vision starting to blur. Her hand fiddles with the water tap before tapping on it harshly. She bends down, splashing her face with the cold water repeatedly, keeping doing it until her tears finally stopped and only then she starts straightened up again and look back at her own reflection.

 

That's when she finally noticed she's not alone inside the toilet. Someone was standing a few meters behind her, probably long enough to witness her daily breakdown. Their eyes met through the reflection. Nayeon’s breath hitched at the familiar dark brown orbs. It makes her felt sick in her stomach and it only worsen the person smiles. Nayeon felt like throwing up at the sight of that sad smile. She would like it more if she gave her hateful look, calling her names, or anything worst rather than that kind of smile because if there's anything she ever wanted, it was the girl behind her to despise her.

 

It would be much easier that way.

 

"Are you okay?" The girl asked, her voice came out smaller as if, if she speaks a bit louder, her voice would give away the sadness she tried to conceal. Looking at Nayeon makes her sad, Nayeon knows that, but she still this kind to her which is why Nayeon could never understand. She kept mum and lowers her head to break their eye contact. Her action earning a sigh from the girl, but she knows it's the right thing to do. Because how can she look into that eyes like it was nothing? How dare she doing that? Nayeon's hands clenched the edge of the sink hard, knuckles almost turned white from the pressure. Maybe if she ignored her, she will leave her alone.

 

"I heard about you and Myoui Mina." She said again after waiting for Nayeon's answer that she came to realize will never be answered and the mention of the Japanese's name succeeded in gaining Nayeon's attention as the brunette quickly looked up and meets her eyes once again. "She's a nice girl, that Myoui. Had a few classes together. Never heard of her causing troubles until recently."

 

"I know." Nayeon defeatedly muttered. She wanted to keep mum until the person finally give up but couldn't bring herself to do so when Mina suddenly mentioned, and she knows what the latter was trying to convey in her words. She was subtly telling Nayeon stop it. Asking her to stop messing with people's life.

 

Nayeon wanted to laugh and asks her what she even knows. Does she had an idea on what hell she had been through aside from what she's allowed to see, what Nayeon allowed her to see, but she held herself. The girl doesn't know anything.

 

 

Chaeyoung knows nothing.

 

 

Her body jerked when she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter