The Reason

*NeverLand: A Land of Fantasies*

I-no, I mean, we went to the huge dining room. I’ve been here before when the maids were giving me a tour, but I still can’t stop myself from being mesmerized by it. I mean, you’d always see gold in every corner-golden border, golden chair, golden chandelier, golden carpet, even the plates, forks, spoons, and knifes are gold!

 Gosh! If I knew how to get back to my world, I swear I’ll be bringing all of these with me. A loud chuckle stopped my train of thoughts. I looked at the direction where it came from and saw Hoon, still chuckling.  “What’s so funny?” AJ asked the obvious question. He just looked at him. After that, AJ started to laugh, too! Weird.

W-Wait a sec! Hoon must’ve used Telepathy! That must be it. “Hey! What’s so funny?” Eli asked, confused. Hoon gave each of them a look, and weirdly enough, they joined the two. “Poor Minhee~. Are you really living in poverty to even think about stealing every single golden material here?” Kiseop asked, grinning at me.

The light bulb above my head lit up. Now I get it. So, I was the one they were laughing at. I purposely cleared my throat, causing them to stop. “Have you forgotten about the person’s stomach grumbling a while ago? Because I bet she’s already really starving right now~.” I gave them a y look. “Oops.” Kevin muttered. “Sorry.” They apologized. I sighed while rolling my eyes in pure annoyance.

Soohyun gently put me on one of the chairs. Kevin was on my right while Eli was on my left. “Now, Minhee. This is my favourite part.” Kevin smiled. “What is it?” I asked. “I’ll be the one to feed you!” He chirped. I twitched. Seriously?! Aish! They’re treating me as if I was a two year old. Sigh~. Well, I guess these two days are gonna be a test of patience for me. Calm down, Minhee, calm down. Remember to breath.

You want to play with me? Fine. So be it! “Fine.” I pretended to sigh in defeat. “Yay!” He cheered. I hid my smirk to avoid suspicion, and then~… I did my killer aegyo and looked at him with puppy eyes. “Kevin oppa, please feed me~.” They froze. I acted like an innocent girl. “Oppa, are you alright?” I tilted my head. Their reactions were priceless! Kevin was red as a tomato while envy was present among the others’ faces. It was hard for me to contain my laugh.

“N-ne.” He recovered after a couple of seconds. “Say ah~~!” He placed the spoon near my mouth and I gladly ate it. “Yummy~!” I chirped. This went on for a few minutes, until Soohyun suddenly cleared his throat, stood up and walked towards me. “Minhee, I think it’s time to go now.” He whispered. I nodded in reply. He carried me again and we were supposed to make our way to the King’s office, when Eli suddenly asked.

“Where are you going?” Soohyun stopped. I peeked at them over Soohyun’s shoulder. “I’m going to the King’s office. Don’t worry, neither of you won’t know my answer until the King says so.” I paused and looked at Soohyun. “Even you, Soohyun.” My statement was followed by an awkward silence. Sigh~. I knew this would happen.

“Let’s go, Soohyun.”  After exiting the room, we went straight to the place. When we got there, he put me on one of the chairs and exited the room. The King made sure no one was around before locking the door. “So, have you made your decision, my dear?” He asked anxiously. I took a deep breath before looking into his eyes. “I… decline.” I paused and looked down. “I’m sorry.” He kneeled down a little to face me and gently raised my chin.

“Are you sure about that, dear? Because your heart seems to be hesitating.” I was taken back by what he said. My heart? “What do you mean?” I asked, confused. “Your heart… It’s wavering. You’re unsure of your answer. You want to be back into your grandfather’s arms, but you don’t want this place to fall into chaos.” He smiled at me and caressed my cheek. “You’re such a caring person, Minhee.” I froze. Those words.  My mother used to say those words to me, every time I protect someone in danger.

I smiled at him. Maybe it won’t be so bad giving them a chance, right? “Well… I guess I can give you a second go?” I smiled sheepishly. His smile grew wider. “Thank you, my dear.” He patted my hand. “But, if within three days, they wouldn’t make a move, I’ll have to go back.” I added. “Besides, I have to get back to take care of Grandpa.”  He nodded.

After a while, he suddenly snapped his fingers, just like what Alexander did. Then, I could feel myself floating! “What the hell?” I couldn’t keep my balance, since I’m obviously new to this. He chuckled, went to me and held my hands. “There. Now, you can move.”  “Huh? What do you mean I can move now?” I asked in confusion. He motioned me to move my hand. I did what I was told and finally realized what he meant.

 I-I can move! And what’s more, is that I float! Like a ghost! This is so cool! I floated towards him and happily hugged him. He stiffened for a while, but returned it. I bowed at him. “Thank you so much, your highness.” He raised my chin once again and gave another gentle smile. “Please don’t call me in such a formal way. I’d be contented if you’d just call me ‘Dad’ or ‘Daddy’.” I giggled. “Sure, Daddy.” I floated towards the door and opened it. I looked back at him, this time wearing my mischievous smirk.

“Let the love game begin~…”

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Meanwhile~ 

*Third Person Mode*

Soohyun reluctantly walked back to the dining room, where the others waited. When he got there, he was immediately bombarded with questions from Eli. “What took you so long? When will she come back? Do you have any idea what Minhee’s answer will be-” The older cut him off. “Don’t ask me. I already have many things going in my mind.” He sighed as he massaged his temple. “I left before they started talking, so I don’t have any idea what decision she made, okay?” He paused and looked at Dongho and AJ and continued.

“You two, come with me. We have an important matter to discuss.” The called two exchanged looks before following him. During the walk, nothing was heard from the leader, making the two uncomfortable. They went inside Soohyun’s room. Soohyun sat on his bed while the other two stood before him. He crossed his arms and eyed each of them before starting. “Now, speak up.”

“About what?” The maknae asked, unable to figure out what his hyung was implying. AJ, on the other hand, knew exactly what he was talking about and elbowed his brother, trying to make him understand. Thankfully, the light bulb above the younger’s head lit up. As expected, he turned silent and frozen in his spot. AJ took the time to say what they should’ve said before.

“We’re sorry. We’re really deeply sorry.” He bowed. Soohyun narrowed his eyes for a while at AJ. “Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to her. She’s been hurt more than enough.” He ended with a sigh. “It’s just… because… of… Lu… ci… da….” Dongho’s voice drifted off. The boy’s statement got the attention of Soohyun. AJ flinched at this, for he had the same reason.

Soohyun sprung up from his position. He knew very well how the said woman traumatized AJ and Dongho when they were still defenceless little toddlers. He went to the both them and hugged them, surprising them. He pulled off and looked at them. “Guys, there’s no need to be afraid. Besides, Minhee is different. She’ll never do those things. So, please treat her properly, okay?” He let go of them and looked straight into their eyes. They just nodded in reply. “Now, why don’t we go back, hmm?” And they went back to the dining room and the problem was solved.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Minhee’s POV

I floated along the hallway as I make my way back to the dining room. Well, I think it’s going to take long for me to get there, since I’m busy flying around. Those guys gotta wait. After a few minutes, I saw them walking down the hallway, although I think they cannot see me. I was about to surprise them when suddenly, I lost control of my body. I’m not floating anymore; in fact, I’m falling down towards the floor! “Waah!!!” I screamed.

 I closed my eyes, preparing for the impact but . . . I feel like I landed somewhere . . . soft? I hesitantly opened my eyes, only to be surprised when I realized that I actually landed on AJ and Dongho! I quickly squeezed my eyes close. Waah~!!! Why did this happen?! Then suddenly, I heard daddy chuckle. “You can only float and move when they’re not around you.” Great. Gee, thanks for the telepathic message.

“So . . . Where did you come from?” I could hear Dongho’s voice. “I… uh… from the ceiling?” I replied, with eyes still closed. “Since when did you dress up in that?” AJ asked. I quickly opened my eyes and saw that I was now wearing short shorts and a backless top! “GAAAHHHH!!!” I screamed and before I knew it, I lost consciousness. Seriously, I just can’t stand these things!

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

*Third Person Mode*

“Minhee!!!” They shouted. Minhee suddenly collapsed when she saw what she was wearing. AJ can’t help, but chuckle. “I guess she’s really weak against these kinds of things.” The others nodded in reply. “Well, let’s get her to her room.” Kiseop said. Hoon carried the unconscious girl and they all made their way to the room. I never knew that this girl would be quite interesting…”  AJ and Dongho thought as they each try to steal a glance of the sleeping girl as they make their way to her room.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hi~! Sorry, guys! But, finally, we get to update, although this one is shorter… Anyway, Hope you liked it and please don’t forget to comment and subscribe.