Now Or Never

Because Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Out of all days, Autumn had decided to show her true colors on that day. Sera got off the bus in a hurry and using her purse as an umbrella she dashed toward the entrance of the hospital. Walking into the lobby, Sera was a mess by the rain and strong wind but she couldn’t care less.

Repeating the number of the room under her breath, Sera ran as fast as her black pencil skirt let her, the one she had to wear to the job interview she had a few hours ago in the afternoon. She had already known that they would reject her, like the other dozen interviews she had been to in the past week since she actually knocked her resignation letter on her boss’s desk. After what happened that night, she didn’t want to sell out her dignity anymore.

Sera finally stopped running when she found the room. She hesitated before opening the door.

Kihyun said he didn’t want to see her for a while. He was disappointed at her and she hated herself because of that. Sera called him a few times but he didn’t pick up. She couldn’t text him because she didn’t know what to say to make things back to their places. She just hoped that he returned her calls saying that everything was alright.

But he didn’t.

Seven hellish days. It was the longest time they’d ever spent without talking to each other. She didn’t know what to do as the only one who always supported her and cured her was ignoring her. She cried every night to the extent that Jiwoo grew worried about her health but there wasn’t anything she could do. Sera’s only remedy was Kihyun.

Sera decided to stop being a bother to him and give him some time as he wished, however when she saw the news title, an hour ago on her way back from the job interview, she couldn’t think properly anymore.

‘Monsta X Kihyun hurt himself during Seoul Music Festival rehearsal.’

Her heart sank seeing the title. As all her previous thoughts were washed away by worries, she called him without hesitation but he didn’t pick up again. Sera called Shownu and he told her that Kihyun was in the hospital.

Sera felt like crying all over again. He’d never got hurt. He was always the strong one. Worry took control of her again and she stormed into the room.

Tears filled her eyes as she saw him half lying on the hospital bed. His left hand was hung by his neck as the traces of a shoulder brace on his left side was apparent under the hospital shirt. His brows were knitted and he was pressing his lips on each other while slowly rubbing the painful place with his right hand.

Kihyun heard the door and assumed that it was Minhyuk who’d decided to keep his company. “Did you get painkillers, Minhyuk?”

Hearing nothing, he opened his eyes and found a crying Sera there.

“S-Sera…!” He tried to sit properly but before he could move due to his pain, Sera enveloped him in a tight hug. One arm around his back and another circled around his neck, Sera hid her crying face on the crook of his neck. Her brain completely forgot about the fight, curses, slapping and even his confession. Her heart was the only thing taking control of her and it yearned for him. She didn’t know she could go this weak when he was hurt.

Kihyun was shocked. He couldn’t even dream of having her there. After they fought and he yelled his feelings at her, he thought it would be hard to have her around again. But now that she was there, crying because of him, he was reminded that he just can’t live without her. Now that he could tell from her wet hair and her drenched white blouse that she ran all the way in the rain to the hospital, he was sure that she cared about him. Actions speak louder than words.

Kihyun patted her back with one hand till he heard her sobs slowed down.

“Why did you hurt yourself… stupid…”

“I’m fine…” He said slowly.

“Liar.” Sera pulled away. “Does it hurt a lot?” She asked frowning.

“A little…” Kihyun glanced at her worried face. “But don’t worry, it’s nothing serious…” Unsure he raised a shaking hand to clean her tears but before reaching there he heard a sound from the door and stopped himself.

Minhyuk walked in blabbering. “I got you painkillers, Kihyun ah! You should be really thankful you have a friend like me… oh, you have a girl over! Oh! It’s Sera!”

Sera distanced herself from Kihyun and stood beside the bed. Minhyuk watched her up and down then took off the light blue buttoned shirt he was wearing over his tee. “Change into this, Sera.”

Sera looked down and only then she noticed that her drenched white blouse was showing off her bra. “Oh… thanks, Minie…” Flustered, she ran into the bathroom to change.

When she got out, wearing Minhyuk’s shirt, the 93 liners were arguing like children.

“I could have lent her my shirt… why did you do that?” Kihyun bickered at Minhyuk.

“She is my friend too… stop being childish…”

“I’m not childish…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter