If Only

Because Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Living the hectic life of a Kpop idol, Kihyun had almost forgotten how to feel happy because of small things. Like how peacefully Sera was sleeping on his shoulder while unknowingly holding onto his hand.

They were on a train to Ilsan, their hometown. Kihyun wanted to see his family after months of being away on tour and Sera joined too because she had nothing better to do on the weekend. However, since she came to the train station from her work, no matter how hard she tried to stay awake, at the end she fell asleep on Kihyun’s shoulder.

Kihyun leaned back to the seat and closed his eyes. Their song, If Only, which was Sera’s favorite was playing for the eleventh time through the earphones they shared. It was on repeat and he didn’t know her phone password to change the song.

At first, Kihyun was thinking about the ways of mocking Wonho about the song he’d written and how it was perfect for falling asleep. But then after hearing it over and over, he started to feel different about the song. He didn’t think of the lyrics like that before. It was like finding the hidden shape in a magic eye picture. Kihyun found out that he may regret losing the chance he was having now. But would things be okay if he be honest about his feelings?

Kihyun opened his eyes and found Sera’s head on his chest. By instinct, he her soft black hair. She hummed pleased and Kihyun smiled. From the day in the café, he noticed her slightly red eyes and tired face and knew that she hadn’t slept well. But they were getting close to their destination and it was best to wake her up.

“Sera~ wake up~” Kihyun shook her slightly.

She made a sound but didn’t move.

“Wake up, sleepyhead, we’re almost there.”

Sera stirred and when she found out that her soft mattress was Kihyun, she got up quickly. “You should have woken me up earlier.”

“I was comfortable.” Kihyun handed her phone.

Sera took it and used the selfie camera as a mirror. “Ugh… I look like a zombie.” Quickly she reached for her bag and grabbed a lipstick and foundation.

“You look fine, don’t worry.” Kihyun stood up to gather their things.

 

 

They got off the cab in front of Sera’s place. Kihyun’s was right across the street. Their neighborhood was as peaceful as always. Completely different from the busy life of Seoul.

Sera took her backpack from Kihyun who kept on carrying it around although he had his own suitcase to carry too.

“Thanks, Kihyun ah! See you tomorrow!”

“Uhm, good night.” Kihyun waved at her before they separate ways to opposite directions.

His heart pounded as he rang the doorbell. In a second his mom opened the door and engulfed him in a hug.

Kihyun chuckled. “Mom! Let me come inside first.” But he loved the attention he got.

Mrs. Yoo moved and let him in. “I missed my baby boy. Did you eat well? Was it hard? Did you have time to rest?”

Satisfied, Kihyun smiled till his Indian dimples appeared. “It was fun, mom.”

Mrs. Yoo smiled and hugged him again. The Doorbell rang again and this time Kihyun went for it.

“Sera ah, what are you doing here?!” He was surprised finding her there looking restless.

“No one’s home.” She said and Kihyun was concerned by her panicked face. Sera had lived with her grandpa since she was eight and he was the whole world to her.

“Is that Sera?” Mrs. Yoo came by the door, surprised to see her there.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter