Chapter 4: Life is full of confusion

TT: A story untold

How many days have passed? Jihyo didn't know. She lost count of it a few days back. She was so lost in her thought, she didn't even notice Nayeon sitting beside her.

"You alright?" 

Jihyo looked up to her sudden companion and sighed.

"I can't say I am."

"Figures. My head can't even comprehend what's happening." Nayeon smiled at Jihyo.

(Flashback)

After Nayeon's birthday party, a rustle behind the bushes could be heard. A loud thud could also be heard. It seems like a huge creature is coming their way. This brought cold sweat to the gang, well, except Dahyun who might have practically lived in the forest her whole life.

Speaking of huge creatures, there's only one in the Fuwa Fuwa Forest. That is the-

"Bear..." Nayeon mumbled.

As if on cue, the bear appeared. 

"Those stupid intruders! Wait till I get my hands on them. I'll let them physically realize not to mess with me." The bear continuously mumbled murderous comments to the so called intruders.

"Should we run?" Jeongyeon suggested. 

Nayeon eyed at Jeongyeon. This puppet always run away whenever she's in trouble. But Nayeon didn't deny how tempting it was to run away.

Jihyo was frozen in place. She was a sheltered princess and seeing a creating this huge was, let's just say, frightening.

Momo was Momo, she fluttered near the bear. Amazed of what she was seeing. She even had the guts to mimic the bear's actions.

"She better be thankful she's tiny." Nayeon was beyond horrified of the fairy's antics.

Dahyun however was amused. She laughed at Momo, rather, loudly. She knew the bear. The bear was the one who raised her after all.

The bear heard a familiar laugh which stopped her mumblings. Yes, the bear is a she.

"Dahyun? What are you laughing at?"

Dahyun laughed harder when she saw Momo, once again, copying the bear. 

"I didn't raise you to be this weird." The bear sighed.

"S-Sorry." Dahyun's laughter died down.

"Listen to this, intruders were here and then they activated the magic spell and it took me a week to mend it. Not only that, they were humans for goodness sake! How could have they made such a mess?!" The bear made this huge gesture which Momo tried to mimic.

Dahyun burst into laughter once again. The bear then realized Dahyun had a few more companions, except the fairy which the bear didn't really favor. Why? The fairy was straight out weird in her opinion.

"Dahyun I have a lot of questions and you better answer them young lady." The bear looked at Dahyun sternly.

Dahyun nodded as she wiped her tears.

"Who are they?" The bear pointed at the three. Her brows furrowed at the unusual trio. A human, a daemon, wait...the more she looked at the said person she noticed something...a half-daemon and a cursed puppet? The bear didn't know what curse it was though.

"My friends...and you're so called intruders." Dahyun smiled.

"You didn't have to say the last part!" They all glared at Dahyun.

"They are? I thought they were all human." The bear said rather calmly.

"What happened to all those murderous things you said?!" They retorted.

"Nah, this kid here needs to have friends." The bear pointed at Dahyun.

"You were pampered?!" They, once again, retorted.

"You make a good comedy trio." Dahyun mused.

The bear laughed at their interaction.

"By the way, where's that fairy?" 

"Right beside you." Dahyun pointed out.

"Heyo Kuma!" Momo flied beside Dahyun.

"Don't tell me she did something again?" The bear eyed Momo. She didn't know if she could trust the fairy. 

"Yup, she was mimicking you."

"Dahyun, how could you?" Momo exclaimed.

"Sorry... not sorry." Dahyun stuck her tongue out.

"Stop it you two." Jihyo decided to in.

"You are? Wait, the first princess?" The bear looked confused.

"You know me?" For the first time, someone realized who Jihyo was.

"Princess?" Nayeon and Jeongyeon remembered the room they barged in, the knights and every single detail they have had with Jihyo.

Momo and Dahyun blinked twice.

"Of course I do. Now tell me, how did you end up here?" The bear was beyond confused.

Jihyo told her story and the bear was looking more and more confused.

"Wait, so you're telling me you came look for this fairy and upon reaching the forest you activated the magic circle and I attacked you and you're knights?"

Jihyo nodded in confirmation.

"That's impossible."

They looked at the bear.

"While I did attack a group of knights, they weren't protecting someone. It looked to me that they were searching for someone which I believe is you princess. And I never went to the east side of the forest where you entered."

"You must be kidding..." Jeongyeon mumbled.

"I'm not joking, besides humans can't make a mess of the magic circle that easily so are non-humans except daemons."

Jeongyeon pointed Nayeon, which made the latter sigh.

"I'm half so it doesn't really matter."

"Just like she said, half's don't have much magical prowess."

Nayeon flinched upon hearing this.

"Except that..." The bear looked at Nayeon. The girl had much more potential than normal daemons but the girl doesn't even realize. But then one powerful creature shouldn't create such rupture in the magic formation.

"I have no idea what's happening but it's better if you head home now princess... is what I want to say. But since I just mended the magic formation, you can't go out. It'll take days before it fully restores." The bear looked sorry.

Jihyo was still processing some things but seeing the bear that sorry, she smiled and comforted the bear.

"A few days not being in the castle won't do any harm."

Oh, how wrong she was.

___

(Bonus)

Momo: Say happy birthday guys!

Nayeon: Huh? To whom? Me? But it just ended.

Momo: Not you dumb dumb but to ShaShaSha.

Jeongyeon: That's one heck of a name...

Dahyun: It sure is.

Momo: I can't do anything about it since the author wants it to be a sort of a secret when it's not escpecially to once!

Jihyo: Here we go again...

Momo: Just say it. Here we go. A one, a two and a three!

NaJeoMoJiDa: Happy birthday ShaShaSha(Sana)!!!