Chapter 3.5: Happy Nayeon Day

TT: A story untold

Nayeon jumped out of bed and was weirded out when she saw no one. The usual routine was to see Jeongyeon making fun of her sleeping face. Nayeon couldn't fathom why Jeongyeon did that every single day. Nayeon disregarded it and thought that, at last, the puppet finally got tired of making fun of her.

What she didn't know was that Dahyun was struggling to stop Jeongyeon from doing her morning ritual.

"Mmophmpm!!" Jeongyeon struggled for her to be freed. The puppet seemed so obsessed with making Nayeon grumpy every morning.

As soon as they saw that Nayeon had woken up, Momo ordered Dahyun to release Jeongyeon.

"Why'd you do that?!" Jeongyeon shouted. Good thing she was in her puppet form so Nayeon couldn't hear her.

"It's her birthday! You want her to get grumpy on her birthday?!" Momo glared at Jeongyeon.

The three looked at Momo, shock was written on her face.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Jihyo panicky said.

"I just remembered it this morning…" Momo sheepishly replied.

"So what's the plan?" Dahyun was excited to do a surprise party.

They all looked at Momo expectantly, hoping the fairy had some sort of plan.

"…uh" Momo then nervously laughed.

Jihyo sighed, she should take over before the other two thinks up of something ridiculous, especially Jeongyeon. Jihyo doesn't want to think if ever that happens.

"The two of you, Momo and Jeongyeon, distract Nayeon for three hours. Dahyun and I will ready the food and cake." Jihyo ordered.

The other two nodded.

"Please, do your jobs properly. I'm counting on you." Jihyo said as she sent of the other two.

Nayeon thought that it would be nice to have a morning walk, she was in a forest after all. It would be a waste not to inhale the fresh air.

Momo and Jeongyeon looked from afar.

"What should we do?" Jeongyeon asked. Truthfully speaking, pranks are all that she could think of but since it's Nayeon's birthday, she'll let her off the hook.

"You should go and distract her." Momo answered.

"That's the most helpful tip I have ever heard!" Jeongyeon exaggeratedly clapped.

Momo glared at her and pondered on what they should do. She then thought of a plan. Without any notice, she transformed Jeongyeon to her human form.

"What are you doing?" Jeongyeon hushed.

"Go and walk with her, remember don't do anything that would upset her!" Momo, despite her small size, pushed Jeongyeon out of their hiding spot.

Nayeon heard a rustle and saw a familiar blonde hair except that the owner was a lot bigger.

"Jeongyeon?" Nayeon was hesitant. She only saw Jeongyeon in her human form only once.

"Yo!" Jeongyeon smiled crampily. 

"What are you doing here?" Nayeon eyed at Jeongyeon. Suspicious of the girl's sudden appearance.

Hearing this, Jeongyeon was annoyed.

"Can't I also go for a walk?" Jeongyeon deadpanned as she went ahead, leaving Nayeon alone.

Nayeon, not wanting to be outdone, chased Jeongyeon. The two of them chased one other.

From a distance, Momo could be seen snickering.

"Told you the author likes that the characters chase one another." Momo mumbled.

Three hours had passed since the two started their race. Panting and huffing for air, the two were soaked in sweat. Nayeon only wanted to have a morning walk yet instead she had gone through a hardcore exercise. Now the two of them were lost.

"Where are we?" Nayeon managed to ask. She had small wounds on her feet and was already struggling to walk. 

"I don't know…" Jeongyeon trailed off. She felt responsible for getting themselves lost.

Jeongyeon noticed how Nayeon was limping so she offered a piggy back ride. Nayeon complied without any resistance. Jeongyeon quietly retraced their steps and after thirty minutes, they found their way back to camp.

There the other three waited with heaps of food. 

"Happy birthday Nayeon!" The three said. Dahyun then brought the cake they made. It was bunny shaped.

Nayeon was moved but then she realized why Jeongyeon did the weird marathon-like race. She hit Jeongyeon on the back of her head.

"Do a better idea next time." Nayeon ordered.

"Okay okay." Jeongyeon answered, her head hurts.

The four of them ate happily. 

"Now that I've eaten, I need to go back home to Japan." The other three looked at her in confusion. She's talking nonsense again.

"The other characters who also would be introduced later wishes you a happy birthday!" Momo chimed.

The trio just shook their heads. They were getting used to how random Momo is.

"Also, you should get ready for your pitch Jeong!" Momo exclaimed.

___

A.N. I wanted to do something for Nayeon's birthday hahaha sorry for being random, also for being late. September 22's almost ending hahaha anyways Happy Nayeon Day!! Happy birthday Nayeon! 

Also, this isn't really part of the storyline. Even if it was, it won't affect the story...I think hahaha See ya✌️✌️