Side Story: Yongsun

You, In My Memory

A/N: I plan on writing this fic using only Hyejin's POV, so when I need to explain things from another character's POV, I will put up a side story for that.

For this side story, I took inspiration from the song "Sting" by Mamamoo. It's my go-to song for Yong's POV actually...

Enjoy! ^^

 

______________________________________________________

 

The perfume smelled familiar, reminding her of a certain puppy-like woman. She stopped and turned as two women went up to Hyejin and chatted with her.

Then she shook her head, reminding herself that Jung Wheein was probably busy with her work at the company.

Wheein never follows Hyejin on her schedules. You’re dreaming, Yongsun-ah.

“Yong?”

Yongsun turned towards Byulyi, a tight smile on her face. Byulyi had gone a little ahead of her, but stopped when she realized Yongsun was not beside her.

“Sorry,” Yongsun said as she walked briskly towards Byulyi. “I thought it was someone I knew.”

“Oh? Do I know them?”

Yongsun hesitated. Since Byulyi was acquainted with Hyejin (probably more than acquainted since they were so close to kissing before Yongsun interrupted them), perhaps she was acquainted with Wheein too.

“Jung Wheein,” Yongsun said casually as she followed Byulyi up a staircase that led to her “office”. “Do you know her?”

“Yes, I do actually,” Byulyi replied as she pushed open a cream-coloured door and ushered Yongsun into her makeshift office. “And you’re not wrong. She’s here.”

Yongsun froze and looked at Byulyi with wide eyes. “What?” Her voice was barely a whisper and she could barely contain the sweat covering her palms or the speed her heart was currently beating at. She swallowed hard before asking, “Sh-she’s here?”

Byulyi nodded. She placed a hand on Yongsun’s back and guided her towards the window where they could see the rest of the interior. She pointed to the three figures gathered below.

“That’s her with Hyejin and her manager.”

Yongsun’s gaze fell on a face that she had been dreaming about for the past few months. A smile tugged at the corner of ; she could almost hear the endearing laugh she was so fond of, no, still fond of.

But her smile faltered when she saw Wheein’s hand intertwined with the manager’s. She felt the familiar stirrings of jealousy spreading through her chest and her hands balled up into fists, ready to fight for the love of her life.

No, Yongsun. Don’t jump to conclusions. This is why she left you in the first place.

Yongsun took deep, shaky breaths to calm herself down, but her eyes never left the two smiling figures even when they moved to leave the building.

“Are they dating?” she asked, finally finding her voice. “Wheein and Hyejin’s manager…”

“Don’t know. Maybe,” Byulyi said with a shrug. She moved away from the window and walked towards her desk. “So, you wanted to talk about work?”

Yongsun watched until she couldn’t see Wheein’s shadow anymore. Then, she reluctantly turned away from the window. “I don’t think I can work right now,” she said, running a shaky hand through her pink hair. “Sorry, Byul.”

Byulyi looked at her for a moment. Then, she asked, “Do you want a drink?”

Yongsun’s mouth twitched. “Yes, that would be perfect.”

“That was a trick question,” Byulyi said, raising an eyebrow in concern. “You don’t drink, Yong.”

“Sometimes, I just want to.” Yongsun suddenly remembered that she had promised herself she would only drink and let herself go in front of Wheein and only Wheein. She wasn’t about to break that promise now, so she quickly added, “On second thought, get me a cocktail drink or something.”

Byulyi grinned. “Now that’s the Yeba I know,” she said as she walked towards Yongsun and slung an arm around her shoulders.

Yongsun just shook her head and laughed as she let Byulyi lead her out of the office.

Maybe, just for tonight, she would let herself forget that she still loved a woman named Jung Wheein – even if that woman had already forgotten about her and had moved on with someone else.