Affection

Music of the Heart
Chapter 7

Affection is subjective. It cannot be analyse. We don't know who we befall too or how. It may be a a gentle feeling but it  leads like a footprint to destiny. Beyond means or reason we fall to this state trying to look for answers and try to comprehend greater what we can imagine. 

 Love is blinded by affection. You can show affection but not necessarily means love in a sense that you want to be with that person forever. 

As morning came Taeyang stretches his body looking forward for today. He wondered why then he realise the 'deal' with Karly. He understood why and can't wait for their brake so he could go to the piano room and spend sometime with her.  

He then remembered again his slip up and started scolding himself.  Lying on his bed he thought of things. A week ago he was somewhat empty. He wakes up, eat, practice till the the morning then sleep for couple of hours. That was his routine. His close noonas and hyungs even tried to set him up for a date. But he felt nothing. Sure he would like to be in a relationship but none seems to make his heart feel this overwhelming emotion. He could not pin point what it is exactly but know who causes it. That he was certain. 

Stepping out of the shower Karly too remember her deal with Yongbae she was excited to see him to tell him what she did the night before and maybe bring him there as well. She was happy a different kind of happiness and she experience it the moment she stepped on YG. She knew that this trip will mean a lot of things. A memory she would treasure. Forever. 

"Morning cousin!" Joel greeted. "How was your evening?"

"It was really good. Such a shame you weren't there you would have enjoyed it." The two were interrupted by a knock. It was Jae Seok ready to pick them up. 

"Where's Zach?" 

"I'm right here." He announced.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." The three went to YG building the two older males were quiet. They were a bit stressed with the sudden changes with what their client wants but at the same time was planning for the surprise birthday for Karly and for passing her extra course to be a specialist.  As they arrived on their practice room the three immediately went and did their sound check. Once they were done they have 45 minutes to have a quick breakfast. As they were making their way they met the big bang boys and the 2ne1 girls.

  "Good morning!" The three greeted as they bowed. 

"Karly-ah!  My personal nurse!" Greeted Seungri running towards her.

"I need you." He whined. "Look at this." He showed showed her his arm. "It so itchy I don't know what it is. I notice this 2 days ago but did not paid attention to it and now it's really really itchy. Help me please. He pleaded."

"Let me have a look."

Taeyang did not like the sudden contact between Seungri and Karly. It irritated him but did not say anything. 

"Oh come on. It's because you don't wash of often." Said Daesung.  

"So unhygienic." GD added. 

"No I'm not." Seungri chided. 

"So what is it?" The look on his face show great worry. 

"Hmmm...It looks like you have a mild case of dermatitis." 

"Its not a severe case right? I'm not gonna die right?"

"Yah!" TOP exclaimed. "Stop exaggerating! We're you not listening. She said mild. MILD!"  Karly chuckled on the boys bickering and Seungri 's overly dramatic moment.

"As I was saying its only a mild case. It can be treated so don't worry. Ok. Just apply a hydrocortisone cream. 1 percent is enough. And if it's still itchy take some antihistamine. You'll be fine in no time." 

"Really! Thank you." Seungri immediately hug Karly which caught her off guard and awkwardly rub his back for comfort.  Taeyang didn't like it at that moment he was more than irritated he was annoyed at the maknae. He need to talk to Seungri later and be reprimanded he mentally noted.  He wasn't the only one who didn't like the maknaes action. Her two older cousins weren't too happy either. 

"We need to keep an eye on him." Joel whispered to Zach. 

"You got that right. We better watch him like a hawk." Joel nodded. 

After their morning practices Taeyang quietly made his way to the piano room. However, Karly was nowhere in sight even though she left before he did. 'She didn't forgot, did she? He thought. 

A small knock was heard and it was Karly carrying foods and drinks on hand. "I thought we might get hungry."  She said with a big smile on her face holding the bags of snacks and drinks. I big smile crept on Taeyang's face. 

"So how was last night?" Taeyang asked starting the conversation. He also wanted to know if she was with Yuan alone or not but did not voiced it out. 

"Oh it was good. I went out with Yuan to a jazz bar and then we had dinner together.

"Karly described animatedly how her night had been.

  "I think we should......" she was cut off when Taeyang spoke. 

"We should start, we don't want to waste our time and be late again." At that moment he was a bit irritated that Karly spent her night out with Yuan.  Karly's face fell in disappointment with Taeyang's outbursts. She was planning on asking him to come and visit it again with her. Just the two of them. She just sat quietly next to Taeyang and looked at the music sheet in front of her. 

The sudden change of Karly's expression didn't escape Taeyang's eyes. He felt bad. Guilty to be exact.  'oh great! Well done Taeyang! She was just telling you her experience and you just have to be rude to her. You sound like a jealous boyfriend. JEALOUS! I can't be! Can I? He was taken out of reverie when he notices a hand waving in front of him.

"hello! You spacing out again." "sorry I was just thinking of something."

"It must be something important. You were in deep thought."

"I guess you can say that." As they resume playing the two were more livelier but Taeyang was still feeling guilty about his actions.  In the middle of the song Taeyang spoke. 

"I'm sorry!" he apologise.  "Sorry for what?"

"Sorry for cutting you off earlier on." Understanding what he was talking about, Karly stopped playing. 

"It's ok. I understand where you're coming from."

"But I feel bad though."

"There's no need."

"At least let me make it up to you. What do you have in mind?" Karly asks. Even though she doesn't think it's necessary but she wasn't about to burst his bubble and make him feel even more guiltier than he already is. 

"Let me take you out tonight. Let me take you out and see Seoul by night."

"That sounds good. I'll asks Zack and Joel. They might like to come."

"Yeah you do that and let me know ok."  Karly just nodded on response.  There was a hint of disappointment when Karly said that she would invite his cousins to come. What Taeyang actually wants was to spend a night with her. Yuan did so why can't he. He thought. 

As they made way back to the practice room the two were talking about a must see places around Seoul. Things to do. The two appear really close. Unbeknownst to the two someone saw their closeness but could not here the conversation.  'I need to keep an eye on you.' the guy thought. 

After finishing their around  5pm Karly spoke to her cousins and invited them to come. 

"Would you guys want to come and tour around Seoul tonight with Taeyang and I?"

"WHAT!" The two exclaimed. 

"I said....."

"I know what you said." Zach interrupted. 

"So do you want to go with us?"

"NO! And you can't go either." 

"Why not?" Karly asked  getting perplexed. 

"Because we won't be able to be there."

"So what? You weren't there yesterday when I went out with Yuan. Yet I was able to go." Karly replied. She was starting to get annoyed at her older cousins sudden outburst. 

"Be....."

"You can go." Joel interrupted her brother.  "You can go Karly. We don't want to bore you. We have another video conference anyways and no it has nothing to do with interior designs." Zach looked at Joel in disbelief, not liking what he was saying. Not minding his authority as being the oldest. 

"Really?!" Karly clasped her hand in excitement. Joel just nod on response. 

"Thank you! Thank you!" Off she went.  Once she was out of sight Zach spoke clearly annoyed at his younger brother. 

"What was that about?"

"What? She wanted to go."

"Still she's going on her own."

"She won't be on her own. She's going with Taeyang."

"Because none of us will be there."

"What's the difference?" Joel asked. "She was out with Yuan last night and you were ok with it." "This was different." "How?" Joel asked. "Isn't this what we want? We even bribed her so she would agree to come with us and have fun. And now that she's having fun you're stopping her?  Karly isn't a child anymore and neither she is stupid. So whatever it is, let it go. Alright."

With a deep sigh Zach responded." I just don't like it alright." Annoyed evenmore and realising that Joel has a point Zach left for the conference room that YG graciously lend them to use. Leaving the younger brother evenmore baffled at his older brothers over protectiveness. 

Somewhere in YG building.  "Teddy hyung! Will we be able to finish around 7ish."

"why do you ask Youngbae?"

"I'm going to meet some..one you see." He replied apprehensively. 

"Would that someone be a lady friend?" Teddy teasingly asked. 

"N...no. Taeyang stuttered in response.  Just a friend ... Yeah a friend."

"Fine...but you owe me dinner alright?"

"Sure hyung. Thank you."

"Ok then let's start. We don't want you to be late with your date."

"It not a date hyung!"

"I'm just teasing you Youngbae. Relax ok."

Don't forget to comment

"Yeah hyung." Taeyang embarrassingly replied. 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe. Happy hearts day. God bless Secretlyinluv xoxo