Coffee “Date”

I Love you to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key made sure his hair and outfit looked perfect before heading out to meetup with Jonghyun for his guitar lesson.

Jonghyun messaged him earlier to let him know that he couldn't pick him up and that he would have to walk or take the train, which Key completely understood. Fans would recognize his car or managers car for that matter, in the neighborhoods and start to suspect something or even cause a mob to form. 

And ever if a celebrity thought he was in the clear, saesang's and KNetz were quick to snap pictures and spread rumors all over online. Which is something Kibum didn't want for himself. Why did he even agree on going to this anyways?

Oh right, simply because he hated to admit he has a tiny crush on Jonghyun. He hoped that maybe something could happen between them, it was a small tang of hope but even he knew he couldn't amount to Jonghyun. 

He ended up taking the subway because it was cheaper and faster. At the Cofee Shop, he sent a message letting Jonghyun know he was here.

Looking around for him, he slowly stopped and smiled when his eyes landed on a familiar figure leaning against the brick wall of the building on a phone. This figure, was wearing light skinny jeans, a black T-Shirt, a backwards black hat, sneakers and sunglasses. 

Guessing he was just trying to hide his appearance and look great at the same time, It was working.

"Blending into the crowd I see?" Key said walking up to him and making him jump and his hat fall off.

Key laughed. Jonghyun rubbed the back of his head and fixed his hat.

"Wow, sneaking up like that? I could have had a heart attack."

"We wouldn't want that now, would we? Fans need you to sing for them."

"Ahh, Minhyuk could do it for me. It would be nice to actually have a break once in a while."

"I know." Key agreed. "Tell me about it. College is making me want to tear my hair out."

"Your in College?"


"I'm in my third year."

Before they would just talk outside forever, Jonghyun held open the door for Kibum. 

The coffee shop was really large, but cute. Cream-brick walls, light gray tiled floors and tables greeted them. Jonghyun picked a seat in the corner right next to the window and they both sat, both facing each other. A waitress with blond hair and pretty light eyes came up to them, handing them small menus and then left, giving them time to decide on what they wanted.

"Eveything looks so awesome on the menu. I thought this was just a coffee shop." Kibum said looking amongst all of the selections from soups, to desserts.

"I come here all the time because I live pretty close. Its really more mostly known for its coffee which is so good, by the way, I would recomend getting the peppermint mocha. Greatest you will ever taste in your life."

He almost choked at Jonghyun cursing. Jonghyun noticed and covered his mouth and said a quick sorry.

"It's fine. I've seen other celebrities trying not to curse it's kinda a miracle to hear you say it. I curse all of the time, its like I was born out the womb saying the f bomb.. So I think you're good."
 

"If my ever fans heard me curse, all of Korea would be after me." He said smiling. "Ya know, the whole perfect image thing." 

"What are you going for in college?"

"Culinary arts, or fashion."

"Fashion's...interesting. I don't know how to cook so I wouldn't relate to that but I can make some pretty mean ramen though." 


"So how awkward is this."

Key asked later once their food was delivered. Jonghyun thanked the waitress with his heart-killer smile, and took off the wrapping around his straw. Sipping, Key did the same and tatsed his drink, peppermint mocha, it was really good.

"Its not actually as bad as I thought it would be. Actually to be completely honest I almost reconsidered this. You could have been one of those crazy egoistic saesang fans who might stalk me, but after thinking about it, you actually seemed like pretty cool guy at the concert, and I do know you, well, now I do, I looked at your Instagram."

Key rose his brows ingnoring the manager.

 "You stalked my Instagram? Not like it's a bad thing.. but how did you even get it?"
 

It wasn't like he didn't want Jonghyun having his Instagram...

"One of your friends, Taemin I think he had like brown hair, anyways he gave his to Minho and Minho gave me yours."

"That kid. I just knew he would do something like that."

"He's a kid?" Jonghyun asked.

"No, not necesarily, he's 18, a senior. Anyways, I'm basically like a mom to him. Our parents are really close and since his dad works overseas and his mom owns her own shop I literally raised him throughout his middle school years and this is the kind of treatment he gives me. He used to be so cute and innocent, now he's starting to curse up a storm and talk about "that" subject."

"Ahh, "that" subject. When you're about that age, you start to wonder. I know I started wondering. I can remember liking this girl a lot in 8th grade, I had such a massive crush on her. I thought about asking her out, but when she rejected me I got really sad for a while."

So he isn't into guys. Key thought. If he mentioned a crush on a girl, then he was straight right?

"I haven't had crushes any crushes at all since middle school"

"You have a crush on me don't you?" 

Kibum's heart did flip flops.

"Of course I do. Who doesn't." Key stuck out his tounge.

 

 

As they ate, they went into small talk about school, work, and other topics like hobbys, favortie colors, favorite songs, favorite bands, what kind of music they liked, which to Key's astonishment, Jonghyun actually liked a lot of the groups he did. It was kind of crazy how much they both had in common with each other. Key, after getting to know Jonghyun a bit better, he got to know a realer, more true side to him, rather than just hearing him sing live or on variety shows. Jonghyun was a amazing guy, always looking for the positive side of things, always wanting to talk, and very blunt. Key thought it was hilarious how he always made a puppy face and got a twinkle in his eyes when he thought about something. 

"Key your really cool, I was right too not ditch on today."

Key blushed and hid his mouth with the sleeve of his hoodie. "Thanks." 

"I like how you understand me. Its like I can talk to you about anything under the sun." 

Before Kibum could say anything, Jonghyun looked at the time on his phone. 

"Holy crap, its past 12."

How long did we talk for? Key thought. 

"Would you like to leave now?" 

Getting up from his seat, he thanked the waiter who came to clean up after them, took his wallet to pay, but when he did, Jonghyun stopped him and placed a 20 on the table. 

"Don't worry about it! I don't like making my guests pay, its really impolite."

"Thank you so much. You know you really didn't have to." Jonghyun shook his head.

"Nah, thats the common line people say in movies. "Didn't have to" meaning had to, right? Common, let's go." 

Figuring they would walk there, Jonghyun and Kibum walked side by side, through streets and sidewalks, passing by buildings, shops, and resturaunts. It was pretty peacefull, the wind swaying and the sun being blocked by the clouds. They talked about more things, more interests, dislikes, and Jonghyun even spilled a little secrets about each member of his band. Since they were talking confidential, Key asked;

"Can I know about the cookie incident?"

Jonghyun's expression went sour.

"How do you know about that."

"Oh, Minhyhk mentioned it, I kind of figured I'd ask but we can drop it."

 

When they stopped in an unfamilar neighborhood filled with luxury loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter