Lucky Day

I Love you to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month Later

I was at at Onew and Taemin's house, sitting on the couch waiting patiently staring at the TV, for Crystal Lights to announce the winners of the contest.

A month had finally passed. Video submission ended a week ago and here we were, with Onew and lots of food, waiting for the news to approach. Countless video's had gone out, and ours had surpassed that 1 million mark. In all honesty the video did die down in popularity but that didn't stop my courage and hope. 

Today was the big day, millions of people were tuned in on KBS probably doing the same thing we were, waiting quietly as Soohyun (electric guitarist) from the band held up the open card that said the winners names on the back. The 5 members stood on stage. 

"And 3rd place winner is..."

I in my breath, Taemin bit his fingernails and Onew prayed. 

She opened the card.

Please god.. please be us. At least be 3rd place...I thought. 

"Miss Amelia and Kevin from California, United States!" 

I felt my world implode. Taemin cursed running a hand through his hair. I leaned over and squeezed his hand that shaked with nervousness. 
 

I didn't even hear them when they announced the second winner. All I saw was Taemin's disappointed face and knew it was enough to lose hope. 
 

"Ok, here comes the big reveal." Soohyun had the final card in her hand. She paused for a moment, then opened it. 
 

Everyone was on edge in the room.
 

"And our first place winners are...."

If I don't win at least I can say I tried.

if I don't win I'll throw myself off a cliff.

if I don't win... 

 

"Kim Kibum and Lee Taemin from Seoul, South Korea!"

 

If I don't win...

Wait. What?? 

Soon, the whole house was filled with screaming, jumping, fist bumps, as the band all clapped for us on TV.
 

Our video played on TV.

"Holy guys! You did it I am so proud of you!!" Onew group hugged us.

"We did it Key! We actually won the contest! I told your ! And rightfully so!" 

Taemin started crying tears of joy, and honestly, I could say the same for myself. I hugged him tightly. 

Winning this  meant everything to me. Being a part of this contest... and actually winning it was something toatally different. I felt accomplished in life, like a big part of me was finally complete. 

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter