Finale

The Real Definition of Love

A year later after the Engagement of Yeonwoo and Nancy

( Two days after Yeonwoo woke up )

Yeonwoo's POV

I know. I know that she's unhappy with me. I already know that.

"Yeonwoo unnie~ I bought your favourite!" she said smiling sweetly at me.

But... my stupidity and selfishness got the best of me.

FLASHBACK

When I was a senior highschool student, I was diagnosed with a heart disease. That time, I'm inlove with somebody. Her name is Nancy. She's a junior highschool student from my school. All I really want that time is to love her. But I can't. Because she's with somebody else. She's dating Subin that time. After I was diagnosed, my father asked me what I really want right now. I told him about Nancy, not thinking of any consequences. The day after that came and I saw Nancy's family in our living room talking to my dad. I was so shocked that I quickly dragged my dad at the kitchen.

"What's happening dad!?" I hissed.

"Calm down Dabin, daddy's helping you out." dad said while smiling awkwardly.

"What do you mean?"

"You told me the other day that you're inlove with Nancy --"

I can feel my blood rushing through my cheeks while my whole body is overheating.

"You told her that!?" I hissed again, afraid that they will hear me.

"Please let me finish first Dabin. Yes I did. Then I settle them an offer. Since they're financially unstable, I told her father that if he will agreed of you marrying Nancy in the future, his family will get the half of our insurance money." he explained.

"Why did you do that?! I didn't ask for this dad. All I want is for someone to atleast know that I love her."

My father sighed.

"Dabin, don't you want more? Life is short Dabin, but unfortunately your life is shorter. Don't you wanna know if you had a chance? Don't you wanna give your love to her in any possible way you can?" dad stated while sincerly looking through my eyes.

"She doesn't love me dad. She has a boyfriend. And I still have 2 years to fell inlove again with somebody."

"No you're not my daughter. She's not just a somebody, I see how your eyes sparkle when you talked about her. It's the same sparkle I had with your mom and I want you to feel what it feels like to love somebody who also loves you back." dad said with a small smile.

"Dad.. she doesn't love me back. This is unfair for her." I said sadly.

"Any person will be lucky to have you. And I know that she'll realized it if she will have a chance to get to know you better. Be confident Dabin." my dad said while placing his hands on my shoulders.

My dad left, leaving me blank at my position.

END OF FLASHBACK

I know that I could have done something to stop our engagement.

She placed the bucket of fried chicken infront of my table.

"Thank you but I'm fine. I'm not hungry." I kindly said with a small smile.

"But.. you've been saying that a lot. I'm worried that you're not getting the right amount of food." she said while looking at the ground.

"Hey~" I said smiling while trying to look at her beautiful eyes.

She looked up, meeting my eyes. I smiled even brighter.

"I'll eat one if that will make you happy."

She smiled widely while nodding vigorously. I laughed and took the chicken then I slowly ate it.

FLASHBACK

Nancy's POV

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't love you!?" I said in ranged.

This girl is driving me crazy! She keeps asking me to go out with her for us to get to know each other better. But I'm 100% not interested! I have Subin and I love him. At first I rejected her kindly but Subin and I had a fight and I'm not in the mood for pretending.

"Finally! I've already said that infront of you! Why do you keep pushing yourself to me!? Even though you had me engage with you this is not fair! I don't want this! I hate you people who thinks that they can control you just because they have the money! I hate you!" I roared then I stormed out.

END OF FLASHBACK

2nd day of Yeonwoo's unconciousness

"Please.. don't go anywhere until Dabin wakes up." Yeonwoo's father said crying while kneeling infront of me.

"Please stand up Mr. Lee." I said with a concerned tone.

I tried to pull him up but he insist to stay at his position.

"I've never used money for my selfish reasons but if it's for my daughter, I won't hesitate. Dabin has always been a very good daughter. Good in academics, good in sports and a very kind hearted woman.
Her mother passed away with the same heart disease. Even though I'm the dad, I'm the one who got lost the day my lovely wife passed away. I was supposed to be the strong one for our family but I'm not. Dabin is. She helped me to stand up with my feet again. I feel so guilty until now that she has to hold that burden because I didn't do my part as her dad. She didn't had the chance to let out her own feelings. And now, she.. she had the same heart disease."

Mr. Lee stopped then he covered his face using both of his palms.

He cried even louder.

"They-- don't deserve this-- I'm- I'm the one who should have got the heart disease-- Dabin- Dabin is too young for this--"

"I'll stay." I quietly stated.

I bit my lower lip to avoid making any sounds as my tears keeps falling through my eyes.

Yeonwoo's POV

"Nancy.." I quietly called.

"Hmm?"

"Happy Anniversary." I said with a small smile while handing her a brown envelope.

Her eyes widen. She took the envelope.

"It's a seperation papers for our engagement." I stated.

Her shocked grew bigger.

"My mom passed away with the same heart disease. And my dad fell apart the day my mom passed away. But even though my mom didn't tell me, I know my mom wants my dad to be happy. That's why I cheered him up until he's happy again. My dad wants me to know what true love is. Thanks to him, now I know." I stated.

I momentarily stopped, wanting to stop this time so I could hold onto Nancy forever.

"True love is making your loved one happy."

I took the ballpen on the small table beside my bed.

"I already signed it. You just have to sign it and you're free." I said while handing her the ballpen.

"Also, don't worry about your dad. I already told him that you'll still have the money. And don't worry about my dad. I already told him."

"How about you?" she asked quietly.

She's looking at the ground again while biting her lower lip.

I put the ballpen on the small table.

"I'm fine. I'll be okay. I just have to follow the doctor will say." I said with a small smile that I think she didn't see since she's still looking at the ground.

"But more importantly." I said.

I gently held her hand then I placed the back of it on my cheek.

"I'm sorry for everything. Do you still hate me now?" I asked quietly while my tears kept on falling.

She looks up and I'm surprised that she's crying too.

Nancy's POV

"Pabo (stupid) If you really want me to be happy, you'll let me be selfish and let me be your wife in the future." I stated while crying.

I took her hand that she used for placing my hand on her cheek.

I sweetly kissed the back of her hand twice.

"Please.. Lee Dabin, will you marry me?" I asked pleadingly.

She giggled while covering her lips with the back of her hand. She cried stronger than before but she's smiling while her eyes formed into cresent moons that took my breath away.

"Yes." She said happily that it made me smile wider.

I was caught off guard when she gently reached for the both of my cheeks then genlty placed a kiss on my forehead. Then to my nose. Then... a peck on my lips.

I can feel a violent heat spread through my cheeks.

She smiled wider at my expression. She slowly went closer to rest her forehead into mine. She place her hands again at my cheeks.

"I love you Nancy Jewel McDonie." She said sincerly while staring into my eyes.

I held her cute puffy cheeks too.

"I love you too Lee Dabin." I replied lovingly while smiling

- THE END -