Attention

Hero's Welcome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun has finally done it, she’s survived her first 3 months in the camps and can finally have a holiday for Chuseok. Giving herself an imaginary pat on the back for leaving the camps still intact and still in a relationship; speaking of her immature girlfriend Joohyun notices the short haired brunette waiting outside of the camp’s gate with her motorbike.

“Hop on m’lady?”

“Shouldn’t you be shouting at some trainees right about now?”

“Shifted it to Seulgi and took a couple days off, the old man was happy that I’m taking my first break willingly since joining the army”

“Wow my girlfriend really is a control freak. Now where are we going?” Joohyun questions as Seungwan straps the helmet on her lover tight.

“Only to the fanciest schmanciest place in town.” With that Wendy revved her bike and off they went. Arriving after a mere 40 minute ride Joohyun couldn’t help to look up at the large sign that said in bright red letters ‘ARCADE’ and sighed at her girlfriend’s actions. What was I to expect from the Wendy Son herself.

Speaking of Wendy the bobbed hair girl left Joohyun and already ran into the plaza.

Joohyun couldn’t help but smile at her girlfriend and followed her with a skip in her step. Silly Seungwan, my silly Seungwan

“Come on grandma Tetris waits for no woman, bet you’re going to lose every game”

“Oh careful what you wish for Son Seungwan, I’m going to beat you into a pulp”.

...And that she did, Seungwan was surprised at how her tiny angel of a girlfriend who couldn't harm  a living thing on this earth was on a rampage shooting in the zombie VR game. Not that anyone was asking but Seungwan was officially concerned when the raven haired girl kept screaming “DIE ZOMBIE DIE!”. Apologizing to the arcade goers aka. kids profusely for the disturbance.

Seungwan pulled her angry bunny to a basketball game, Joohyun became frustrated when her attempt at just throwing the balls at the basket didn’t work. Seungwan then helped the girl by wrapping herself against the smaller girl and guiding her hands to help aim the ball. When the ball bounced on the backboard and slotted in the basket Joohyun was jumping like a kid in a candy store, Seungwan couldn’t help it and kissed the girl on the spot letting her know that she loved her and she was very proud of her ‘micheal jordan worthy shot’ (at least that’s what she told Joohyun to make her feel better).

Pulling the Lieutenant to a shooting range Joohyun gave her a devilish smile.

“Really Hyun, you’re going to challenge me to a shooting game?”

“Might have a trick up my sleeve Son”

“The day you beat me in this game is the day pigs fly Bae”

….

…..

“Oh would you look at that Son Seungwan, maybe my eyes are deceiving me but is that a pig plushy flying in the sky?” Joohyun was bursting with laughter as she lifted the pig plushy she bought with her tickets in the air. Meanwhile the angry looking soldier in her leather jacket with her arms crossed grumbled of a certain game being rigged. Not that Joohyun slipped the guy a 20 before playing, but again Seungwan didn’t have to know that.

Trying to inflate her girlfriend’s currently deflated ego Joohyun pointed at the punching game where you swing your fist at a bag and it records your score. Safe to say, Seungwan was instantly smiling when she beat a new high score and was rewarded a long smooch by her dazzled eyed lover.

The two finally left the arcade at closing time with fried food in their stomachs and sporting equally cheeky grins.

“Where to next m’lady?”

“Home?” Joohyun then proceeded to wrap her arms around Seungwan.

“I’ve arrived”

“That was greasier than the hotdog I just had” Seungwan deadpanned but chuckled when her shoulder got slapped by the other.

“We could go walk around the river?”

“Or we could go to my place, cuddle and bang?”

“Just when I thought you had an ounce of chivalry left in your body I was proved wrong Seungwan”

“Hey you can’t blame a girl for trying Hyun? Isn’t it my daring straightforwardness that initially had you enraptured or was it my oozing charm?” Seungwan posed in a chic manner on her bike.

“Neither you idiot…it was your abs.” and before the other could let out a word Joohyun buckled the helmet and declared they go home immediately.

---

Lying in the cold sheets, bare the couple were basking in each other’s warmth. Joohyun ran a finger slowly tracing her favorite features of her lover. From the bridge of her nose to the dimple on her cheek then to the firm muscles on her arms covered in tattoos.

“So I was thinking i-“

“Yes”

“Wendy I haven’t even asked the question yet”

“Whatever the question is, when it comes to you it will always be yes” Wendy then slid her leg over her lover’s and started nibbling down her jaw and neck. Hands started to wander, and breaths became bated; but before anything could escalate Joohyun gasped out her question.

“Come with me to Daegu tomorrow?” Wendy lifted her head from the other’s chest with wide eyes, Joohyun cupped her cheek and gave a megawatt smile.

“As in meet your parents?” receiving a nod Seungwan suddenly became nervous.

“phew, okay, chill. Umm..i guess yes”

“Am I seeing the one and only Son Seungwan nervous?”

“You can’t blame me, I don’t have a good track record with my past girlfriend’s parents. I just don’t want to this up because you mean a lot to me”

“hmmm and what do you mean ‘bad track record’”

“that information is classified Ms Bae”

“Well unless you want to go for round 4 then make it unclassified Seungwan” oh god, that tone…Seungwan was suddenly reminded of the zombie game earlier and caved.

“well its just that I’ve been caught in some compromising positions upon the meeting of parents…”

“That doesn’t surprise me you horndog, just try to keep your naughty hands to yourself while we’re in their presence and you should be fine. My dad will like you undoubtedly, anyone in a uniform gets his approval”

“Well that makes me feel only slightly better”

“Good now hurry up and get those hand back to where they were working Lieutenant”

Seungwan didn’t miss a beat when that purring sultry tone was used.

---

Slamming the boot of her jeep Seungwan made sure their seatbelts were fastened, the coffee was in the cup holders and that the gas tank was filled. Stepping on the pedal she headed to the highway. Overall the trip to Daegu was around 3 and a half hours but considering they woke up late from their shenanigans last night and the fact that they had to rush to Joohyun’s place to pack her stuff, Seungwan reckoned they would arrive just by dinner time.

Looking to her right she wasn’t surprised to see her girlfriend dozing off, she had worked so hard for these past three months Seungwan was happy to see her get some well-earned rest. Tucking a piece of hair behindher large left ear and rabbing a blanket from the backseat she then draped it on the raven-haired girl in case she got cold along the drive.

About an hour’s time later said girl woke up with a grumble of her stomach, rubbing her eyes she found out it was already 4.30pm and they had another hour to go. Deciding that they needed a light snack Seungwan pulled over at the nearest diner and the two grabbed a table.

A bright and young waitress greeted the pair with a bubbly smile, a little too kind to Joohyun's liking, she definitely didn’t like the way the girl’s eyes lingered on Seungwan. Once they took their orders Joohyun left to the bathroom. The waitress then came over in a flash brushing Seungwan’s arm and asking her some friendly questions to which the oblivious brunette thought was good customer service.

“I like your hat ms…”

“Wendy” she smiled politely as she shook the other’s hand who was simultaneously dancing her fingers around her hat.

“So are you two out on a camping roadtrip, I would love to do that with my best friend but she’s always busy with university”

Seungwan then wondered why the girl was talking to her rather than actually doing her job, especially since the restaurant was fairly busy. Luckily she spotted Joohyun storming towards the table with a glare, the brunette happy that her girlfriend was back but she also felt a shiver down her spine when she met those glaring daggers.

“Seungwan, baby why don’t you go check on the dog in the car” meanwhile Wendy looked like the woman had grown a second head.

“Um babe, we don’t hav-“

“Seungwan…the car” the other woman then left to the car with a confused face. Turning to the waitress Joohyun almost growled but kept a deceiving smile on.

“I think we’ll get our food to go, you see my wife and I need to get back to our trip we’re in a rush.” The waitress then seemed to look bothered and left with an unhappy sigh of defeat.

Seungwan was sitting in the driver’s seat now really confused. Joohyun then came back with a take out bag.

“Shall we go?” the woman acted like nothing had happened

“First, we don’t have a dog”

“If I say we have a dog Wan, we have a dog. Now drive and I’ll feed you” being with Joohyun for long enough has taught Seungwan to not ask questions sometimes and just follow. Rummaging through the bag the raven-haired girl had a face of disgust when she saw a slice of red velvet cheesecake with a note saying ‘on the house…for wendy ;)’ with a number written down.

“that little minx”

“huh? What happened?”

Throwing the note back Joohyun played it off “oh nothing, I got you a slice of red velvet for driving so well my lovely baby”

Seungwan then side-eyed the girl “Ummm you’re being weird”

“What did I say about asking questions now shut up and eat your cake wannie”

“Yes ma’am”

---

Fidgeting on the spot Seungwan was carrying all the bags and as if those weren’t heavy enough the pressure of meeting her girlfriend’s parents was added on.

“Joohyun-ah my darling, you’re finally home” a warm looking woman welcomed her daughter with a tight hug kissing her a familiar hello. The woman’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter