Discombobulation

Bae Bae
Please log in to read the full chapter

"The yearly United Nations Celebration is upcoming, as what I have announced last week, the seniors are assigned to represent countries from Europe. Greece, Italy, and Spain were already chosen by the other sections."
 

Groans were heard all over the classroom, disappointed for not having their suppose to be country to represent first. The class adviser then eyed her students to shut them up, "Have you already decided which country to represent?"

Whines and murmurs filled the classroom, they wanted Greece. Who doesn't want to act gods and goddesses even for a day right?

The class adviser raised her hand to usher her students to keep quiet. Victoria, the class president, raised her hand for suggestion, "Ms. Kwon, we actually wanted to have Greece but since it was already taken, I suggest to the class to have Ukraine instead." The class president then explained briefly the pros of representing the country and, the class immediately agreed because it's Victoria Song, the most responsible and reliable student in their class. Murmurs are getting louder as students gave their opinions with each other. Ms. Kwon raised her hand again to shush the whole class, "Students listen, I know that you already know this since our school is active in this celebration, but just to remind again to everybody, the class must prepare a 3 to 5 minute folk dance presentation with costumes, and everyone should participate, is that clear?"

"Yes Ma'am." The class responded in unison.

"So Ms. Song, did you have any plans to share with the class?" The class president nodded and went to the front, beside Ms. Kwon. 

"I've done my research about it. So Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe, the capital city is Kiev. Their official language is Ukrainian and the dominant religions are Eastern Orthodology and Greek Catholism, and Ukraine is the 46th largest country in the world." She glanced briefly to watch if her classmates' attention were on her and continued, "Hopak is their national dance, the dance is full of jumps and steps and is very lively. We are going to dance this by pair, male and female."

Suddenly, their classmate named Amber raised her hand in concern, "Ms. Pres, the class has less male population than female, how could we do that?"

The president rolled her eyes as her concern could be easily addressed, "Simple Amber, some girls would pretend as males to make it even. We are 48 in this class, 21 boys and 27 girls......We have 24 pairs all in all.....to make everyone have a partner, six girls would have to pair up with each other."  

The class president straightened her posture to show her excellency, "Who's up to be part of this six girls? Just raise your hand."

Murmurs began to errupt the classroom and was silenced by Amber who raised her hand again, "Me! I'm taking the male role."

One of her male classmate snickered at her, "That actually fits you, you look like a guy anyway." The class chuckled but Amber just smirked and did a counter attack, "I know right? I could actually be more manly than you, a guy who applies bb cream." And the class roared in cheers and laughter, and the guy just  hung his head in embarrassment.

" Quiet!" Ms. Kwon's booming voice silenced the class once again, "Ms. Song, please continue."

"Right, so who else aside from Am?"

Joy surprisingly raised her hand and shot Wendy a look of mischief.

"Yes Ms. Park?"

"Me," pointed to the blonde, " and Wendy as part of the six girls. I don't know what she is going to take but I'm having the female role, of course." The class chuckled and Wendy glared at Joy. 'Are you exposing me?!'

"Okay, so anyone else?"

The bell rang and Ms. Kwon signalled the class president to end the discussion, the president went back to her seat and the adviser took the class over, "Okay class, time's up. Just continue this one tomorrow at my time and for those girls who are interested to be part of the six girls, just approach Ms. Song. Good bye class."

"Good bye Ms. Kwon."

Students were packing their things while the others were slowly going out of the classroom. Jennie was on the midst of packing when Jongin, one of the class hottie and Dance club vice president, approached the unapproachable Jennie Kim.

"Hi Jennie-ssi," Ignored, "Would you like to be my partner for the Hopak dance?" 

With a bored expression, Jennie bluntly responded a cold "No," and walked out.

Students who witnessed the scene sneered and start to gossip. Jongin ignored them and turned around, facing another girl, "Hey Krystal, do you-" 

"Drop it."

The murmurs and snickering grew as another girl, who happened to be his ex girlfriend, rejected him in front of the people. Embarrassment crawled up to his system as he watched Krystal's retreating back. 

"Whatever," he stormed out to salvage his dignity.

The students resumed on their business after watching the scene, Wendy was done packing her things and called the other girl, "Irene we're going out, bye!" Wendy waved at her who waves back with a smile.

The blonde sauntered with Joy along the school's hallway while the taller girl wrapped an arm around Wendy's shoulder, "Imma gonna stay at your apartment, Yeri is coming too," the shorter girl scoffed and shook her head, "No way! My fridge is running out of food, I don't want to skip any meal because of you two!" The taller girl just laughed and playfully touched her nose, "That's why we are going to the supermarket right now to buy groceries. Aunt Kim's order,"

Joy stretched her neck and smirked when she noticed Irene behind them, "Hey Irene!" The two stopped on their tracks to wait for the other girl to catch up, "You're alone?" 

Irene nodded.

Joy grinned maliciously and shoved Wendy in front of Irene, "Wendy's gonna walk you then, she has a lot of time,"

"H-Hey I thoug-" 

"Oh no you said you are free right? I'll go shopping, bye and have fun!"

And Joy left. She left Wendy who became nervous all of a sudden, she is not prepared for this sudden walk date, that satan could have warned her at least. She composed herself and tried her best to act cool in front of her crush.

She slightly scratched her neck and smiled, "Let's go?" Irene surprisingly hooked her arm to Wendy's arm, she could slightly feel Irene's  on her arm and smell the scent of perfume that lingers and was absorbed by Wendy's senses. It made Wendy's stomach to flip and her heart to beat madly.

The walk to Irene's dorm was almost quiet, the blonde was humming some tune to distract herself from being intoxicated by the girl beside her. She almost had a when Irene leaned her head towards the blonde's shoulder, inhaling the smell of her shampoo. 

Wendy was not immuned to this, since it has been a while when Irene was being clingy. Before, she had almost built resistance to this but that Bogum thing happened and lost all her skinships with the other girl, and now that it is back, it's time to build her resistance again, so that she could behave herself well in front of her.

They were almost at the entrance door of the dormitory when the goddess tugged Wendy's uniform to get her attention, "About the Hopak dance, is Joy going to be your partner?"

The blonde tilted her head as if in deep thoughts, “I don’t know, maybe? But she didn’t say anything though, she just put me in the list of that six girls.”

A smile formed at Irene’s lips and stared at Wendy expectantly, “If not, can I be your pair then? Please..” and gave the poor hamster a cute eyesmile.

 

Wendy held her breath for a while, awed at the cute display of Irene Bae, the pounding of her chest was being erratic and she could feel her blood and heat going to her face. Why do Irene has to be the most adorable thing in the world?

 

“O-Okay, but why me?” the blonde stuttered.

 

“Why not? You don’t like it?” Irene faked a gasp.

 

“Bae Joohyun!”

 

“Okay, okay,” she chuckled, suddenly having the urge to pinch Wendy’s cheeks but held herself. She paused for a moment and continued with somber expression, and voice meek as she confessed, “It’s just that, I’m quite uncomfortable being paired with a guy, you know that Bogum is still a hot topic here, and if people see me with another guy even though it’s for educational purposes, they’ll talk about me knowing that I’m his ex and there’s another guy, it’s quite complicated, but yeah, if you get what I mean.”

 

Wendy held her shoulders and flashed a soft smile, “Yeah I get it, but what made it different from being paired with me? Except that I’m not a guy.”

 

The goddess let out a soft laugh and playfully slapped Wendy’s shoulder, “You’re the one I am most comfortable with among anyone else in that classroom, so pair with me please?”

How Wendy could say no to that? But she needs to have an affirmation from Joy since it was the latter who landed her into this,  “Okay, but I’ll ask Joy for it, is that alright?” Irene nodded with a grin and hugged her tightly, which made the other girl’s body to jerk slightly, fortunately for her, Irene was quite oblivious about it.

 

The goddess then broke the hug with a grin still plastered on her face, “I think I should go now, see ya tomorrow!”

“See ya!”

 

Wendy watched Irene’s back as she entered the dormitory, eyes full of happiness and affection.



 

……………..


Wendy eyed her refrigerator in disbelief. Vegetables, meat, spices, drinks. Even the counter was filled with canned goods and instant noodles, it's all complete. In this case, she could survive for the whole month, but then the presence of the two food hoggers reminded her that the food expectancy inside her kitchen would last for only two weeks most.

Behind her was the smirking Joy who leaned on the countertop, feeling proud seeing Wendy's reaction, "Whatcha think?" 

With twinkling eyes, Wendy faced her best friend, "Daebak! I've never been so proud of you Sooyoungie! I hope this is not just a one time thing!"

"I told ya I'll take care of it, and what's with that one time thingy? It sounded like  a one night stand or something." 

Yeri's loud voice snapped the two before Wendy could retaliate,

"Sup es."

"Yah Kim Yerim!"

The youngest stucked her tongue out, ignoring the disapproving looks from the oldest. Sometimes, Wendy questions herself why she is still with this lost cause, lost causes because there's two of them. But she's also the one who answers her own questions, because she love this two so much.

"What you guys w

Please log in to read the full chapter