All that glitters is not gold

Bae Bae
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It didn't take long for Irene and Bogum to become official. Students who shipped them celebrated of course. But their happy celebration was as equal on how devastated Wendy is. She had expected for it to happen, but it still hurt as .

But what can she do? Obviously nothing. She has no match at all.

There's nothing she can do but to be happy and love her from afar.

She hopes that one day, she would fall out of love, for her own sake and happiness.

She went to that old science building again, with her guitar this time, to find solace from the torture.

 

After their class, Irene immediately packed her things and went to her dormitory, with Bogum escorting her. They held hands and talked sweetly to each other. They parted ways at the entrance of the dormitory since males were not allowed to enter there.

She hurriedly walked to their room. When she opened the door, she was greeted by a silent Seulgi, eyes glued to the TV, and barely noticed Irene's presence.

That was odd. Seulgi usually greet her with a loud voice and a smile, but today was different, but she just shrugged it off, thinking that Seulgi was just tired of their school activities considering that the latter is active in their dance club.

 

She went to her room and showered.

 

After she cleaned herself, she went to the kitchen to prepare their dinner. She was busy preparing the ingredients and did not notice Seulgi sitting on the counter top.

"Are you really sure about him, Hyun?"

 

Irene was startled at the voice, she faced Seulgi and frowned for startling her and for sitting on the counter top.

 

"What do you mean?"

Seulgi paused for a moment before continuing, "Bogum."

 

Irene heaved a deep sigh, suddenly having an idea where this thing would go.

 

"What about him that I should be sure of?" She catechized, still bewildered at the sudden question.

 

"I've heard things about him."

 

Irene was not pleased at Seulgi's tone, but she stayed calm to keep their conversation civil.

 

"And what are those things?"

 

Seulgi bit her lip, "All that glitters is not gold."

 

She gulped after seeing Irene's blank expression that was obviously confused. Seeing that Irene did not get the metaphor, she gathered a lot of courage and went straight to the point.

 

"He's not as good as you think....and everyone thinks that he is."

 

Irene narrowed her eyes in disbelief. What the hell was Seulgi trying to tell her?

 

"He's a good guy," she defended her boyfriend, "And who told you that?"

 

"A friend of mine,"

 

Irene scoffed at her answer, "Is your friend that reliable?"

 

Seulgi widened her eyes, she can't believe that Irene would be this stubborn. She felt that she was talking with another person because this person in front of her is nowhere Irene.

She kept quiet, it seems that Irene is not going to listen to her anytime soon.

 

Seulgi's silence made Irene to continue her vindication "Bogum is a nice guy, you don't see it because you are not with him. Try to hang out with us and you will see."

Seulgi jeered at that. Hang out, huh?

 

"Hang out? How?" She chuckled bitterly, "We could not even join you at lunch, he seized all your time.....even here at the dorm, I can't talk to you just like before since you're always on your phone."

 

She took a deep breath, this conversation might dent their friendship, but she wants to warn Irene, it's now or never.

 

"I know he's like your lemon love or something, but please Hyun, consider this, know more about him...don't be too easy...and don't be blinded by everything."

 

Seulgi hopped off from the counter top. Irene wanted to say something, but Seulgi beats her off. "Don't forget your friends as well,"

 

Seulgi then stormed out from their dormitory. She can't stay there after that conversation. The awkwardness would suffocate the both of them. At least she got to say what she wanted to say for the past few days. Though they almost squabbled earlier.

 

She sighed, 'This Bogum is no good for Joohyun.'

 

She needed a place to crash out for tonight. She scanned her phone and called some of her friends.

 

"Sorry Seul, but mom's here tonight, you know how she is."

 

"Sorry Seul, but my place is unavailable for a moment, my sister used my apartment for a party."

 

"I understand, thank you," She breathed out slowly. She called most of her friends, and they were all unavailable.

 

She scanned her phone again, "Soohye, no, Soohyun, nope....ahh right, Sooyoung!" She muttered happily.

 

She called her, Joy answered after the third ring.

 

"H-Hello?"

"Hi Joy!" She greeted enthusiastically. "I know this is sudden, but................."

 

"Can I crash at your place right now? As in right now? I-If that's alright."

 

Seulgi heard a gasp from the other line, and it suddenly made her feel embarrassed. She might have come so strong and the request was so sudden.

 

Seulgi was about to apologize when Joy's booming voice exclaimed, "Of course! It would be nice to have you here!"

 

She breathe a sigh of relief, "Thank you Joy, uh....where's your place anyway?"

 

"Gangnam-gu, Cheongdamdong 134-38."

 

Seulgi opened her navigation app.

 

"That's a fifteen-minute walk from school, 2 minutes if you hail a cab, if you want." Joy suggested.

 

"Nah, I'm okay with walking, thank you again Joy." Seulgi ended the call and started her journey to Joy's place.

 

 

 

 

Seulgi was astonished, Joy lived in a very rich neighborhood (Cheongdam is actually home of elite people.) She is rich, but this is insanely rich.

The apartment building is one of the most luxurious buildings in Gangnam.


She called Joy to fetch her.

 

Joy came huffing and catching her breath, she then grinned at Seulgi, "Hey, sup?"

 

Seulgi giggled, "Did you run?"

 

Joy shook her head and held Seulgi's hand, "Come on, let's go so you can rest."

 

 

Seulgi gaped at the sight, the apartment looks very very expensive. The interior design was simply picturesque, like a luxurious apartment in a magazine.

It has two rooms, with bathroom each. The whole apartment was so spacious. The living room has a large glass window that has the perfect view of Cheongdam bridge and Han River. The apartment screams millions.

"This place, is splendid."

 

Joy smirked, "I know right?" She went to seat on the couch. "Wendy is hella rich."

 

Seulgi's eyes went wide, "Wait....what?"

 

"This place-" Joy twirled her index finger around, "isn't mine, it's Wendy's."

 

As if on cue, the door opened, revealing an equally surprised Wendy.

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy warmly welcomed Seulgi, and it made her remember how the latter had welcomed her before. She smiled at that memory, because that was the start of their friendship….and her friendship with Irene.

 

They ordered some food and drinks. After they had prepared their food, they settled themselves at the dining table and started eating.

 

“So, what brings you here Seul?” Wendy asked curiously.

 

Seulgi stopped munching her food and faced Wendy, “I got a mini fight with Irene, if that’s what you call it,”

 

Wendy and Joy was taken aback by her straightforwardness, “Really? Tell us about it, if that’s alright.”

 

 

Seulgi narrated the whole story, from how Irene ignored her presence at the dorm almost every day and to how she confronted Irene about Bogum which led to their mini war.

 

After explaining everything, Wendy became anxious and she cannot help but to ask Seulgi about Bogum.

 

“All I could say is that he’s a sham, a rake, and philanderer.”

“Like a total Bogus?” Joy butted.

 

“You could say that.” Seulgi nodded in agreement.

 

“How did you know that? And what else did you know about it?” Wendy asked curiously, her voice was full of worry.

 

“Hmm, I had a friend-”

 

 

Flashback

 

Their dance practice had finished, Seulgi changed her clothes and was about to go when Luna, one of her club mates and a very close friend, called her to hang out.

Seulgi agreed immediately and they went at the cafe’ near their school. They chattered and took a lot of selfies since the both of them were ers at taking pictures of themselves.

 

After a moment of fun, Luna suddenly brought a topic, “So, Irene and Bogum were a thing now? Like for real?”

Seulgi sipped on her Taro flavored drink, “Yeah, and she’s so into him,” she chuckled, “That grandma.” She laughed

Please log in to read the full chapter