Dapper but Unrefined

Bae Bae
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was already late in the evening, yet a certain hamster was clumping on a chilly street with plastic bags in both of her hands. She did not expect the sudden shortage of food on her refrigerator. The grocery stores around the area had already closed so she don't have a choice but to go to the nearest seven eleven store.


She checked her time, it was already 10:35 and the night is frigid. She blew some air and observed the vapor that came from . She pulled her jacket closer to her body to obtain more warmth.


Joy and Yeri, those brats had literally hogged everything from her fridge, “You two, you’ll pay for this,” she muttered under her breath.


She also contemplated on upgrading her budget since she earned a new regular visitor and that was Seulgi.


But despite of the cold, she enjoyed the view of the street, the city lights, the billboards, everything. She could take a cab actually, but she realized that it isn’t bad to walk sometimes. She passed by on a tteokbokki place when she saw people slowly gathering at a corner. As curious as she was, she went there to see what was the commotion all about.

 

“Come on pretty, that washh an accshident hehe…...my handsh just shlipped,” She heard the guy said, no hint of soberness in his tone.


“What you did was pure harassment ahjussi. You have no right to touch me! You’re gonna pay for this.” The girl hissed.

‘Wait that voice, isn’t that-’

 

Wendy tried to jump, ‘Damn this height’. But before she realized it, she heard the crowd gasped and spread a little. She took that opportunity to slip herself towards the scene to get a clearer view.


She spotted the guy on the ground and clearly struggling from getting up. After a few seconds, he stood in an unsteady gait and pointed a finger to the undaunted girl. Wendy followed the direction of the guy’s finger and her eyes had widened from the sight.

 

“You ! How dare you push me!” The guy yelled in anger.

 

The crowd gasped again when the guy grabbed a bottle of soju to attack the girl. Meanwhile, the girl just froze on her place, she wants to dodge but her body was not cooperating. But before the guy could reach the girl, Wendy launched herself at the back of the attacker which made them both to stumble on the ground.

 

Wendy was sweating cold, she was not a feisty type, so her actions shocked her very much. It was like an impulse. The thought of the guy hitting and hurting her frie- er classmate drove her desire to protect her. Joy once joked that  she had some heroic personality, and she might be right.


The drunk guy lose his consciousness afterwards, Wendy took the chance to get her and and the girl out of the scene, “Come on Jennie!” She pulled the girl by her wrist and scurried away.

 

They both scampered on the street, not knowing where to go. The other girl who has been dragged felt that her stamina was getting weaker, “Wendy!........Wendy stop!”


They halted in front of the closed mini store. Jennie was trying to catch her breath and placed a her hand to her chest. She calms herself to control her breathing. This is the reason why Jennie hates jogging, she got a weak endurance.


When her breathing became normal, she turned her attention to Wendy who instantly stiffed at her piercing gaze.

 

“You, why did you do that?” She sternly asked the girl who she caught eyeing her from head to toe.

 

Wendy gulped, “ N-Nothing, I'm s-sorry if I do that I mean that guy was drunk and he was about to hurt you and you are my classmate so-” She rambled nervously, she knew she was caught staring. Like who wouldn’t? Jennie Kim in a very cold night, in a hiphop attire. The girl was known to be a fashionista, but it was already almost 11 on the evening and that’s weird. She looks badass anyway.

 

“I don’t need your help,” She glared, which made the other one to cower, “I don’t like people helping me.”

 

In a badass attire comes with a badass personality. Smh.


The doyenne turned her back and started walking, but she paused when remembered something. She turned her head to Wendy, “ No one should know about this. You did not saw me ok? Act like nothing has happened. You understand?”

Wendy nodded her head vigorously, too scared to ask why.


Jennie glared for the last time and strutted away, leaving the stunned Wendy. When the badass was already out of her sight, she groaned in annoyance and muttered under her breath, “She could atleast be grateful!”


The rude display of Jennie earlier made her lose her cool. She had just saved someone’s life, and she received a bratty remarks in return. She wanted to say, “Could you atleast say thank you?” or screamed, “ Show some respect, I saved you brat!’


But of course, that would remain in her mind, she’s too weak and scared to do that.


She shuddered at the sudden breeze, instinctively hugged herself and brushed her shoulders to create some friction for warmth, and then she felt that something was off. Something was missing.


She was thinking very hard to identify what it was, until she saw a plastic bag at the nearby bin and it clicks her.


The groceries, .


It might had slipped on her hands when she did her heroic launch at the guy earlier.


She pouted, seven eleven’s prices on their products is no joke. She’ll just skip breakfast tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

True to her words, Wendy did skipped her breakfast. She glared at Joy when they met at the classroom. Her devil friend just smiled sheepishly and promised to treat her lunch and to help her buy groceries. Wendy was about to strangle her gremlin of a friend when the arrival of her goddess caught her attention, she peeked behind her and noticed that Bogum was not there. That’s a first.


Irene was stiff and a bit distracted, she wanted to greet her but held herself for doing so. She intermittently watched Irene’s back to ogle observe.

The said girl was really out of herself, like she’s physically present but mentally absent. She was zoning out for the whole time that she did not even noticed that it was already time for recess.


This made Wendy worri

Please log in to read the full chapter