Five

Love on the Airwaves

“So, it’s finally Friday,” Jaeyoon teased as soon as Juho entered their small kitchen.

Juho rolled his eyes as he reached for the coffee maker but the smile on his lips and the blush on his cheeks revealed a lot. Jaeyoon patted him on the shoulder and wished him luck before heading off to work.

Finally alone with his thoughts, Juho sighed. He was nervous, that much was obvious but he was also scared. What if things won’t work out and what if it’s just because of the meeting at the club. There were a lot of things going through his mind.

He glanced at the clock – 10:00am. He has enough time to prepare and calm his nerves for their date.

Wow, a date, he thought.

It was a last minute decision but Juho decided to bring his camera with him. He thought that maybe they could take a walk in the park and he can snap some pictures while they go around.

=================================================

Rowoon stopped in front of the café, placing a hand on his chest. His heart was beating like crazy and seeing the back of Juho’s head from outside the window just made his stomach lurch.

Why am I being so nervous? He asked himself.

He took a deep breath and pushed open the door, the small bell attached to it tinkling to signal his arrival.

 

Rowoon was surprised. He really thought that things would be a bit awkward between them but it was the contrary. Juho liked to talk as much as he did and he knows a lot about music and photography and a lot of other random stuff that their conversation just flowed in different places and it was fun.

It was really nice and comfortable and Rowoon could definitely imagine himself with Juho – the two of them just spending a lot of time together and maybe -

“Oh, there’s a park near here. Do you want to go there?” Juho suddenly asked.

“Yeah, sure. We’ve been in this café for what, an hour now?” Rowoon said.

“Three hours, actually,” Juho said glancing at his wrist watch.

“Wow, really?!” This was a first time for Rowoon. Time just seemed to go so fast with Juho without him realizing it.

They started to head off towards the park and although their conversation sometimes stopped, the silences were comfortable now.

Juho pulled out his camera as soon as they entered the park and started to take some random shots. With the sun already going down, there was just enough light to make look a bit more dramatic.

Rowoon unfortunately groaned seeing the sight of a camera.

“What’s wrong?” Juho asked seeing his reaction to it.

“Nothing, really. Just that cameras remind me of work so much,” he answered.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I thought i-“

“No, no. please. It’s fine. As long as you don’t take pictures of me or else my manager will come after you and demand for a fee,” Rowoon joked.

Juho rolled his eyes and hit Rowoon’s arm playfully, leaving him on the spot as he went on to a nearby flower patch. When Juho looked back, Rowoon was lounging casually on one of the benches, the last rays from the sun making his hair glow a bright brown. There was a small smile on his lips and his eyes were shut. On instinct, Juho trained his camera on the guy and snapped some photos.

He really looks amazing, Juho thought staring at the pictures he took.

“Hmmm, I really look good, don't i?”

Juho almost jumped and dropped the camera. Rowoon was suddenly behind him, looking down at his photo. Juho was suddenly aware of how close they were and he can feel Rowoon’s breath on his neck.

“So what other interesting stuff did you take pictures off?” Rowoon whispered as he slid his arms around Juho’s waist.

Wait, is this really happening? Wait!! Juho’s mind was going into overdrive. He didn’t think this would happen and he isn’t really complaining but-

“Juho, what’s wrong?”  Rowoon’s arms tightened a bit around him and his voice sent shivers down his spine.

“I-uh, nothing… Look at this,” Juho said as went through every photo he took and Rowoon was just there, reacting to everything. At this point, Juho wasn’t really paying any attention to anything else other than the man holding him in place.

Unfortunately, the magic was broken when Rowoon’s phone rang. He pulled away from Juho as he answered it.

Rowoon came back a few minutes later, looking apologetic.

“I’m sorry. Uhm, my manager just asked me to come in. He says it’s an emergency or something,” he said.

“It’s fine, don’t worry. Uhm, let’s just meet again soon,” Juho replied. He was sad that Rowoon had to go and to think that they were already making some kind of progress but it’s really okay with him.

“I’m really sorry,” Rowoon said, reaching out to hold his hands. Juho could only nod as he looked at their joined hands.

“Juho,”

He looked up. There was something about the way Rowoon said his name, like the word itself was fragile and should be handled with care. Rowoon suddenly leaned forward and brushed his lips against Juho’s, it was the lightest of touches and yet Juho felt it warm his entire body.

“I’ll see you soon, okay?” Rowoon whispered, squeezing his hands.

“Okay,” Juho replied breathlessly.

Rowoon let go of his hands then and walked away. Juho watched as his back got smaller and smaller. This wonderful day has come to an end but he was a hundred percent sure that what they started today would last for a while.