Three

Love on the Airwaves

His inbox blinked incessantly as a number of new messages came flooding in. Juho scrolled through them slowly, trying to find something that he could discuss on air. He was halfway through the new batch when he suddenly stopped. 

Juho stared at the name for an entire minute, debating with himself. 

Is it him? Seokwoo is a rare name but not THAT rare. He remembered having a schoolmate with the same name.

But what if it's really him? What do I do? he thought. Juho can hear his heartbeat ringing in his ears. 

"Okay, Juho, let's do this," he muttered. Juho added a couple more songs on deck to give him time to go over the message. Finally, he clicked on the sender's name - K.Seokwoo

Juho took an entire song to read the message and another one to process it. It was pretty long for about a 15-minute real-life encounter and somehow that made him smile. He glanced at his monitor and noticed that the song currently playing is already halfway done. Juho gathered his thoughts and scribbled out specific lines from Seokwoo's message on a notepad in front of him. 

"We have dealt with lovers fighting and getting back together, with stories of break-up and moving on but rarely do we get to listen to the beginnings of what I hope would be a beautiful love story," 

Juho placed on some soft background music, a small smile playing on his lips. The events of that night were still fresh in his mind and reading Seokwoo's version of it made his heart feel warm. Juho took a deep breath and started to tell the story in his version hoping that all of Seokwoo's uncertainty be answered. 

(So, Soo Pretty - Lany)


"Just 5 more minutes, hyung!" Rowoon begged but Bruce shook his head.

"I can't Rowoon-ah! We were lucky they had some technical difficulties a little while ago but that just made the director more jittery and he wants to finish it immediately," Bruce replied. 

"But-" 

"Come on," Bruce said, nudging him forward. "The earlier you finish this, the earlier we can go home," 

Rowoon groaned in frustration. "Can you at least record it?" he pleaded. "I really need to hear it, please," 

"Fine. Go, just go and do your stuff and I'll see what I can do," Bruce replied. 

Rowoon sighed. He wasn't sure if Bruce hyung would do it but he just has to trust his word. For now, he put on a smile and went to the filming area. 

Two hours later, Rowoon got into the car with a heavy sigh. He was so tired that the moment his head hit the headrest, he fell asleep. A gentle shake woke him up minutes later. 

"We're home," Bruce said, softly. 

"Hyung!" Rowoon bolted upright, remembering his request to have the radio show recorded. 

"Do you really need it now?" Bruce asked. 

He nodded. Rowoon felt so awake then as Bruce dropped his phone on his hands. "I wasn't sure if i got everything though. I had to ask one of the writers for help," he explained but Rowoon was already plugging the earbuds in and scrolling to find the file. Just as he was about to press play, his phone vibrated. He pulled it out and saw that it was an unknown number. He debated with himself on whether to answer it or not but it's pretty late and no one really calls him this time of the night unless it was an emergency. 

"Hello," Rowoon said, a little bit nervous on what the call is about.

"Kim Seokwoo?" 

He froze hearing that voice. 

"Juho-ssi?" he still asked although there was no mistaking it. 

"I-uhm, I'm sorry, did i- are you busy right now? if not I could call tomorrow or-"

Rowoon chuckled, "it's okay, Juho-ssi. I just got off work." 

"Oh, okay," 

The silence that followed was a bit awkward. "Uhm, i know a place that's still open at this time of the night. If you want, we could meet up there. But if you're tired it's totally fine. We could maybe meet tomorrow?" Rowoon said, the words just stumbling out of his mouth. 

"No, no. I mean. Yes, i'll meet you now," Juho answered. "Where is it?" 

After much negotiating with his manager, Rowoon found himself in a cab on the way to the little cafe near his agency. He didn't know how things ended up like this but he was glad he sent that message on the radio. 


Juho was glad that the cafe was just two blocks away from the station. The walk would definitely help his mind which was still buzzing with what was happening. He didn't think Seokwoo would ask to see him immediately and the fact that he said yes so easily...

He stepped inside the cafe and placed an order, choosing to sit in the corner when he already got his drink. The warmth from the coffee cup felt good and somehow calmed his nerves as he waited. 


 

Why did I think this was a good idea?! Ugh, Kim Seokwoo and your big mouth, he scolded himself as he got off the cab. 

He could have waited until tomorrow to meet with Juho and organize his thoughts but... Rowoon inhaled deeply and exhaled it out slowly. There was nothing he could do. They were here now and there's no going back. 


The small bell on the entrance clinked, the sound breaking Juho's thought. Seokwoo walked in with a huge smile on his face and Juho felt his chest constrict - has he always been this beautiful? His thought flitted back to the first time they met but this guy standing in front of him now - sans makeup and with a shy smile on his face - looked a lot more gorgeous than the fully made up model he knew. 

"It's nice to see you again, Seokwoo!"