Four

Love on the Airwaves

Rowoon took the chair opposite him and they stared at each other in silence.

“I’m sorry, I have to be honest. I wasn’t able to listen to the last part of your segment tonight coz of your work so I’m not really… I don’t really know what to say,” Rowoon admitted, breaking the suffocating silence that was starting to descend between them.

Juho sighed. He can’t really blame the guy. But he sure as hell wouldn’t want to repeat the things he’s said on the broadcast. Not in person – not now.

“It’s fine, it’s fine. I understand. But uhm, I’d really appreciate it if you listen to the broadcast soon,” Juho said.

Rowoon scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, making Juho smile.

He’s beautiful and cute, Juho thought to himself.

“Is there something wrong? I mean, did you say anything in the broadcast?” Rowoon asked, brushing his hair up in confusion.

“No, no, no, that’s not…, you don’t have to worry about anything,” Juho assured him. Whatever expression Rowoon makes looks like it deserves to be put in a magazine. Juho suddenly had an itch to take out his camera again - music producing was his dream but he loves photography just as much and he hadn't had this itch for awhile. 

Rowoon smiled back at him but the uncertainty was still clear in his eyes. Juho was suddenly worried.

“Okay you know what, why don’t I give you time to listen to the broadcast first and then we can meet up again?” he suggested.

“I mean, we both got off work and pretty exhausted and –“

“Is this your way of rejecting me?” Rowoon interrupted.

“No! W-what? Do you think I’ll meet up with you at this ungodly hour if I didn’t like you?!” Juho exclaimed.

“Do you think I’ll meet up with you at this ungodly hour if I didn’t like you?” Rowoon repeated the words slowly.

“That’s what I just sa- Oh!”

The words finally hit Juho and he had to mentally kick himself. He reached out for his drink in order to keep himself busy, aware of Rowoon’s gaze.

“You’re right, Juho,” the model said after a minute. “We both got off work and this,” he sighed. “Alright! I’m gonna listen to the broadcast first thing tomorrow and then, I’ll call you,”

Rowoon got up then, his eyes never leaving Juho’s face. “I’ll see you around, Juho,” he said and walked out the cafe. 

"I-what?!" Juho mumbled. Did the meet up just happen? Did Rowoon just walk out on him for the second time? And how the hell is he gonna call if he didn't even get my number?!

Juho grabbed a handful of his hair in frustration. "What is happening?" he whispered. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rowoon lay awake on his bed, earphones on, listening to the recording of the Juho's broadcast. There was a huge smile on his face as Juho said the story from his point of view and also managing to clear up the situation with Inseong. 

He reached for his phone and finally realized that he actually forget to ask for Juho's number. 

"Aish, stupid Seokwoo!" he said out loud, burying his face in a pillow. He knew there was one way to reach Juho again and honestly, he's starting to get nervous coz if what Juho said was true, then there's a possibility that Inseong already knows what's happening and he'll definitely tease the hell out of Rowoon because of it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All throughout the day, he had thought of nothing but the guy's response to what he said last night and really, as the day turned into night and his shift came closer and closer, Juho felt so antsy that he almost called in sick. 

His segment was almost over and it's a Saturday, that means that he won't be back to the Station till Tuesday and that was such a long time and why is there still there no message from Rowoon. He was starting to lose hope as he kept on refreshing the page.

And then, it happened. 

Juho's heart almost dropped when he saw username K.Seokwoo pop up on his screen. 

With a deep breath, he clicked on the message. 

Are you free this Friday? Let's meet at the coffee shop at 3pm?

Juho raised both his hands up in victory, trying to stop himself from making a sound. He had about five minutes left, just enough to play one song and he knew perfectly well which one to play. 

He composed himself and spoke into the mic. "That's all the time we have for tonight. Thank you for listening now i'll leave you with a song from IU title 'See You on Friday' good night," 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rowoon smiled as the song started to play. Juho knew perfectly what song to play and as he listened to the lyrics, he couldn't help at how it fits his current situation 

"It's too hard to wait till the weekend
Time, please go faster, I want to rush the clock"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(**listen to IU's See You on Friday!!! it's a really sweet song)