One

Love on the Airwaves

(Slom Outro - 2xxx!)

...for the lost, the broken and the hurting, the rain can mean comfort. As if the heavens were crying with them, for them and it masks the tears and the cold... but we must remember that things in life are temporary. That the rain will stop falling and the pain will stop hurting and then a new day will begin...

But for now, let me be your comfort, your friend... This is D.J. Z and you're listening to Midnight Road. 

(Dancing in the rain - Rad Museum)


 

Rowoon leaned back into the chair and drowned himself in the music. He pulled the blanket tight around him as he watched Seoul go by in a blur of raindrops and lights. 

There was a small smile playing on his lips, thinking about what D.J. Z had said. 

That the rain will stop falling and the pain will stop hurting and then a new day will begin...

The words struck him deeply at the moment and he didn't even know why. Then again, it has always been the case listening to D.J. Z. Rowoon had somehow found comfort in the voice from the radio - some sort of friend or companion - someone who's with him whenever he goes somewhere for work.

Rowoon sighed wearily as 2:00 am finally rolled around. 

Attending club events is on the bottom of his list of modelling jobs. Still, he can't deny that hanging out in the hottest places in town has its perks - for one, influential people in the entertainment industry always attend these events and if he plays his cards right, Rowoon can get a small role in dramas here and there. He just has to it up and be polite; like what he did a minute ago. The producer didn't really promise him anything but judging by the way her eyes still slide towards him, he somehow knew he could bag a role. 

"Hey man, sorry, I just need to hide for a few minutes," a guy said, sliding into space opposite him and ducking under the table. 

Rowoon shrugged, he really didn't mind it - clubs always have these weird characters running around them but he was pretty sure that none of those pokes a stranger's knees incessantly while hiding under.

"What?!" Rowoon asked raising his voice slightly while looking down at him.

The guy smiled apologetically. "Hey, sorry. Uhmm, could you do me a favor?" 

His voice sounded familiar and Rowoon can almost place where he had heard it before but the music turned up once more and his thoughts were drowned in the cheers of the crowd. 

"If I do will you leave me alone?" he half-shouted. 

They guy nodded. "Okay, then. What is it?" Rowoon asked.

"Tall guy, red hair, foxy eyes and wearing all white. Is he still there?" 

Rowoon turned in his seat, knowing exactly who the guy was talking about. Inseong stood near the dance floor, a number of girls circling around him but his attention was focused on the faces of the dancing crowd, staring at each one for more than a few seconds. 

"You're hiding from Inseong?" Rowoon asked. 

The guy's eyes widened. He opened his mouth then closed it immediately. "I-uh, you know him?" he asked after awhile.

Rowoon nodded. "He's a model. We're from the same agency," 

"Well, ! Just my luck!" the guy murmured. He was about to crawl out of the table when he bumped his head on the edge rather loudly, causing some of the party goers to throw knowing looks at them.

"Hey, do you want to get out of here?" Rowoon asked, conscious of all the looks and whispers they're starting to get. The relief was apparent in the other's face and Rowoon took that as an affirmative. He slid out of the booth, letting the guy walk in front of him to hide him from Inseong. 

"Thank you so much. I don't know what I'll do if he finds me," the guy said, as soon as they were out of the club.

Rowoon stopped in his tracks. Hearing the guy's voice... No, he thought to himself. 

The guy kept on rambling and Rowoon wasn't even sure what he's talking about anymore and he didn't really care coz that voice is one that he'll recognize in heartbeat.

"DJ Z!" Rowoon exclaimed, breathless.

That stopped him from rambling. "I-ah, yes, ehem... this is DJ Z and you're listening to Midnight Road only here at Seoul FM 99.9," 

"It's really you!" Rowoon said after the guy said his spiel. 

The model took a step backwards and took in the guy's appearance. DJ Z was almost the same height as him. His eyes and nose were sharp and his slicked back blonde hair with a little hint of blue on the edges made him look like someone who stepped out from a manga. 

"My real name's Juho. It's nice to meet you!" the guy said extending a hand.