Cuatro

TO.GET.HER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She thought living with him again is already the worst case scenario in this planet until he escalated her expectation into something more. Glancing at his parents who are haughtily sitting around the giant dining table of the suite, Chaerin tries her best to show an estoic expression when in fact, she wants nothing but to get out of their sight. Doing her duty, she's currently standing behind Jiyong who's now busy chatting with his mother over a late lunch.

"How's my grandson?" Mrs. Kwon happily cooed.

"He's fine, Mom. I decided not to bring him today because he'll be busy with his upcoming online learnings."

"Online learnings? That's old school! We could enroll hin to some first class learning centers abroad. We already told you..."

"Mom!" Jiyong immediately stops his mother from talking, noting that his ex-wife is there, listening. His mother indeed persuaded him before to let Jingyo live with them in the States so he can have a normal schooling life, much to his protest. His son will stay with him in his house and that's final.

Meanwhile, Chaerin doesn't know how to react with the sudden information she just heard. She wanted to pull Jiyong out and asks him for confirmation but she kept frozen on her spot. 

"Why don't you just move with us in the States if you always wanted to be with your son?" His mom keeps on talking however, contradicting his father who has been quiet since they came.

"My life is here." Jiyong said with finality, hoping his mother will get the point. His patience is running low as he doesn't like being told what to do with his life.

"If you only marry Nanhi before, you could have-"

"Enough." Finally, his father interupted. Glancing at the uncomfortable bodyguard and his obviously pissed off son, he better do something before his wife spilled some nonsense.

"Yeobo, I'm just telling your son to move on with his life and remarry again. What's wrong with-"

"Funny cuz it's against the law to marry someone else when you're still happily married." Jiyong completely loses his patience. Turning the supposed happy lunch into a disaster, he continues. "What do you think Dad, do you see yourself marrying a younger and attractive woman eventhough you're still married to mom?"

"What the hell are you asking?" The enrage mother can't help but burst.

On the other hand, his father understands Jiyong's point. "If your mom is okay with the idea as she keeps on insisting you should do, then I guess I'll give it a go."

"You are spitting garbages" Mrs. Kwon loses her cool too. "The last time I know, you are already divorced!" 

"And the last time I remembered, I never signed and submitted anything!"

"So...you're still married?! With her??" Mrs. Kwon pointed at the now shock Chaerin. Indeed, the bodyguard's face is turning white due to the sudden information she never had an idea about.

Jiyong harshly faces his parents. "YES so both of you better stop-"

"Ahhh... it's not much harder than I thought, Yeobo." The mother suddenly smirks at her husband, who's shaking his head while smiling as he finally understands what the fuss is all about.

"What is this?" Jiyong stands up in confusion.

"Let me guess...your mother thinks Chaerin needs to know you actually failed to file the divorce paper and you're just hitting on her with your guard-me-set-up. So cliché, son." Mr. Kwon shrugs his shoulder as the old woman started laughing hysterically.

"Oh dear! I am so sorry for my son's limited common sense!" She said in between laugh to Chaerin. "Sit beside this moron because we have so many things to talk about."

With her weakening knees, Chaerin did what was told. After all, the old lady is right. Jiyong is such a moron.

 

 

"Does Jingyo have an idea about...his mommy?"

Jiyong rolls his eyes and refuses to talk back to his mother. After the busted lunch, his parents decided to talk to them in the hotel's veranda. Chaerin is avoiding an eye contact with him and he feels frustrated because his own mother just busted his secret. He already planned everything but then this happened and Chaerin most probably plans to kill him once they are out of his parents' sight!

Mrs. Kwon clears and looks at Chaerin instead. "Chaerin-ah, what do you think? Does Jingyo knows something about you?"

At last she looks up and answers, "I don't think so Mrs. Kwon."

"Oh, drop the formality Honey. As what you have heard, you are still my daughter-in-law so just call me Mommy."

"Mom stop that." Jiyong hisses but...

"Shut up Jiyong! Stop calling me Mom! I am disowning you." his mother hisses but snap back to her sweet mood once she shifted to her daughter-in-law. "Anyway Chaerin, do you want Mommy to help you with Jingyo? I can do that! Jingyo loves his Halmeoni so much. What a cute little baby boy."

"Thank you for your offer Mrs. Kwon but I guess I still need to talk with Jiyong about it."

"It's Mommy~!" the old woman corrected her again.

"Y-Yes, M-M-Mommy. Jiyong and I need to talk about it first."

"She's right, Yeobo. Let us think about our grandson's emotion too. Don't worry Chaerin-ah, we are here if you need anything else." the kind father said.

"We better go." Jiyong stands up. As much as he likes what's happening right now, he knows Chaerin is extremely uncomfortable.

The bodyguard timidly follows her boss as he walks his way out of the suite.

 

 

Apparently, just like he predicted, Chaerin immediately grabs his neck once they are inside his car.

"You er!" she growls in anger as she squeezes the life out of him. "Did you plan to fool the hell out of me??"

"Y-Yahhhh C-Cguh-Chaerinnn!" he struggles from her deadly grip.

"You have lots of explaining to do before your only son becomes fatherless in just five minutes!!!" she releases him.

Jiyong coughs as he runs after his breath. "You've gone violent!"

"And I can do more than gripping your neck if you didn't come up with a good excuse!"

"Fine! I will tell you what you need to know but can we go home first please? At least I am sure you won't kill me in front of your son."

She was about to hit him again when he immediately ordered his shaken driver to fasten the pace. Chaerin has no choice but to hold her anger a bit longer.

 

 

 

Once they got out of the car, Jiyong was about to run for his safety when he spotted h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter