CHAPTER 3

Collapse Reality

Days passed and Sinb was working in the house like the other slaves. That is to say that she was cooking and doing other domestic works. But besides that, Yuju was giving her a special treatment as she would devote time of her already tight schedule to teach Sinb about politics and other things belonging to the regime. The first times, Sinb thought of it as a brainwashing attempt. That’s why she tried to be inattentive. But times after times, she noticed how Yuju was always patient and trying to answer all of her questions even the most absurd ones. She unconsciously became more curious and wanting to know more about. She became more open. So one day, as Yuju was teaching her about social measures she asked: 

 

  • Can I watch how you work ? I want to know more about your practical actions ? I already know a lot theoretically speaking. 

 

Yuju smiled at her and Sinb thought it was the first time she had seen her smiled. Sinb didn’t know how to interpret it. Was it a sign of victory ? It was not because the empress didn’t seem like that at all. Sinb learned a lot from her times with the empress about the latter. She noticed how humble she was. She knew already about her patience but she has this wisdom whereas she is still young. From the start, Sinb never called Yuju « empress » but simply by her name which is normally unacceptable, yet Yuju has never complained about it. 

 

  • Of course, you can. That would be a pleasure to have you by my side. 

 

Sinb nodded while keeping her serious face. She didn’t want to submit completely to the empress, that’s why she had always her poker face as a mask and rebellious sign.  

 

That’s how everything started to change for Sinb. She started accompanying the empress wherever she went. Of course, she was not allowed to talk to her during work, she was in the « backstage » but she could see everything. She noticed how Yuju was devoted to her people: how she tried to come up with solutions, how she was patiently listening to all speech even sometimes complaints. She was serious and never despised people. During her speech, Yuju has this beautiful way of speaking wether it is by her choice of words or her voice. But not only spoke she well, Sinb noted that she has this grace-filling posture all the more since she was tall. She really had everything that anyone would associate with the world « empress ». But the problems were to come. Indeed, a rumor started to spread. It was rumored that the leader of Collapse Reality - so Sinb - has succeeded in hypnotizing the empress to let her take control of the regime. Indeed a few people claimed to have seen Sinb accompanying the empress. But there were two rumors about the reason. Some said that it was Yuju who show mercy and that proved that she was weak. Others said that it was Sinb who put a spell on the empress to let her do whatever she wanted. But theses rumors were not powerful enough yet to change anything. Until one day. 

 
Indeed, one evening, Sinb caught a discussion between the empress and Sowon:

 

  • I learned you allowed that girl to accompany you, my empress. 

 

  • Yes I did. What is the problem ? 

 

  • The problem, my empress, is that rumors started building up and some said that you were weak because you show mercy on your worst enemy. You can not let those rumors grow they will destroy you. You should get rid of that girl or lock her in the mansion as a slave. 

 

  • Why should I ? I do not fear rumors. 

 

  • These rumors are very dangerous as they call into question your power, my empress. It is the first time it happens, don’t let these rumors spread in the empire. You will be doomed. 

 

  • I won’t let that rumor spread. I will get rid of it with a speech tomorrow. 

 

  • Why a speech ? You should get rid of the girl. 

 

Yuju didn’t respond. 

 

  • I see, the problem is that girl. - Sowon carried on with a lower tone: You don’t want to get rid of her. Well you can still see her, but she has to stay inside the mansion. She must never be seen outside, people will have proofs that you freed her or something like this. If you want, I can take care of her. She will work as a slave. 

 

  • No - Yuju said with a very strict tone. 

 

Sinb was surprised because she has never seen Yuju being this strict.

 

  • Ok as you want, my empress, but I’ve warned you. 

 

The next day, Yuju went to see Sinb. She taught her as usual but never did she mentioned the rumors or anything else. Still, she seemed a little bit off. 

 

  • Yuju, are you ok ? - SinB asked with a fake naive voice. 

 

  • Yes I am. I am sorry, I should always be happy even if I am not because you don’t deserve to be a victim of my bad mood

 

  • No, Yuju believe me, you should never pretend, I prefer to see how you truly are. 

 

There was a little twinkle in Yuju’s eyes. Yet, Sinb didn’t know how to interpret it. 

 

  • Well, it is part of my job to always seem fine. Imagine if my people see me in a very bad mood, they would define me as unfit to be their empress. 

 

  • Still, in my case, seeing you as you are, will change nothing to your amazing abilities. On the contrary, it really shows your humanity and I know how attached you are to that. 

 

Sinb thought she was dreaming as she thought having glimpse tears in Yuju’s eyes. The empress giggled and Sinb found her so cute suddenly. Nonetheless, before Yuju could ever respond Sowon knocked at the door while entering it. Sinb wondered how she could enter without waiting for Yuju to let her in. There was something fishy about their relationships. 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

CHAPTER 3 done 

Alright I know that is a totally random comeback. This story dates from 2018!! And the chapters I am uploading until chapter 9 are from 2018 as well (I don't know why I haven't uploaded them sooner. I am pabo I know.) I hope you are not too shocked by the difference in terms of writing skills haha

As always don't hesitate to comment :D

Thanks 

xoxo