CHAPTER 4

Collapse Reality

Days passed by and Sinb was still accompanying Yuju. Sowon was right, the rumor grew and spread. 

One evening, as Sinb was walking in the dark hall leading to the dorms, she felt someone pushed her on the walls. She felt a pain in her chest because of the impact. As she turned, she saw Sowon whose hand were still grabbing her shoulders. 

 

  • You will ask the empress to stop letting you accompany her. Ok ?! 

 

  • Why did you push me ?! Sinb asked ignoring the request of Sowon. 

 

  • Did you hear me !? 

 

  • No I won’t because it her choice. If she doesn’t want to, why would I? 

 

  • You don’t have a choice, she won’t listen to me. I can’t do anything but you, you have to obey. 

 

  • I only obey the empress - Sinb claimed very frankly. You have no power on me.

 

  • How can you say that ? I am your chief, you must obey ! 

 

  • What if I don’t want to. 

 

  • You will be punished 

 

  • So do so, I am used to that anyway. 

 

  • No this time you will be seen as a traitor. I will make you lock like you planned all of this. 

 

Sowon suddenly stopped and she had this look on her face as if she realized something:

  • Of course I understand now why you don’t want. You, leader of Collapse Reality, planned all of this with your group. You want the rumors to destroy the empress’ reign like that you will take hold of the power and reform the system. How can the empress not be aware of that ?! She can be so gullible sometimes. Hopefully, I am here and I won’t let this happen. 

 

  • I am sorry for you - Sinb said: Because this time it is not me nor my group who did that. And no, I won’t be glad if these rumors destroy the regime because that’s not how I want to make things change. I don’t want people to think Yuju is not powerful enough because they will put another at her place and believe me I don’t think there is another person as fit as Yuju to be emperor or empress. On top of that, the regime will still be an empire, so how can you say that I will be glad? Sometimes I wonder if you have a brain. 

 

 Clap  Sowon slapped the right cheek of Sinb. The latter fell down because of the pain. 

 

  • This is for calling the empress by her name. You must call her by her title. Don’t you dare think that because she spent some ridiculous times with you, you are closed with her. And you must show respect to me, so watch this sneaky tongue of yours. 

 

Sinb wanted to fight back but she could not because a cyborg appeared and she were told that they were very strong. It’s normal they are not humans. She went to her bed and she cried for the first time since she had been living her. She cried because of the pain but she was confused whether it was a physical or a psychological one. Maybe both. 

 

The next day, she didn’t go to her class nor did she wait outside Yuju’s office as she always do when it comes to accompany her. No, she stayed in her bed. But then the cyborgs went to tell her that she was demanded in the kitchen. She went in the kitchen and glared at Sowon before starting her work.
At the end of the day, Sowon returned to the kitchen and told Sinb she wanted to speak to her. 

Sinb wanted to refuse but then she remembered the pain of yesterday. 

 

  • Why didn’t go to your morning class ? The empress was waiting for you. 

 

  • I didn’t want to. 

 

  • You should have gone because first of all we don’t stand the empress up. Then, you were going to tell her to stop bringing you with her. 

 

  • You should tell her by yourself. Aren’t you my chief ? You are supposed to be the spokesperson. Or maybe she doesn’t listen to you and it happens that you know that your only way to make her change her mind is me. And you know within yourself that I can manage to do that while you can’t … Clap Sowon slapped the left cheek of Sinb, cutting her off in the process. Sinb had enough and wanted to fight back but a cyborg came:

 

  • Miss, the empress wants to talk to you. 


Sinb was not ready to see Yuju, but she knew she had no choice. She left but before that Sowon managed to remind her about what she has to say to the empress.

Sinb entered the office. Yuju was sitting in front of her big desk. She didn’t lift her head and carried on writing whatever she was writing. Sinb didn’t wait and sat in front of her but she didn’t want to disturb Yuju so she waited. To her surprise, Yuju spoke to her while keeping her head focused on the paper she was writing on. It was the first time, Yuju spoke to her without looking into her eyes, and she didn’t know why but she felt hurt deep inside.

 

  • Are you sick, Sinb ?

 

  • No … I … stuttered Sinb for the first time, I am not. 

 

Yuju lifted her head immediately. She examined Sinb. 

 

  • You’re sure? You don’t seem okay. I can totally understand if you had a bad day, but tell me please.

 

  • No I’m ok. I want to tell you something. 

 

Sinb’s mind was going crazy, she didn’t know if she should tell Yuju what Sowon threatened her to do or if she should just obey Sowon. Yuju’s eyes were now totally focused on her own. Sinb could catch in her stare a mix of curiosity and worry. 

 

 

 

 

------------------------

Chapter 4 done

Another update.
Wonder what you think of the story so far and especially the characters. 

Thanks 

xoxo