September

Safe and Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

kind of sad because no one mentioned jongin's donut underwear last chap T^T /bricked/

“Hey, can I talk to you?”

Sehun blinks stupidly at Kyungsoo, who gives him a sheepish smile.

“I brought mangoes as a peace offering.”

Sehun lets Kyungsoo in without a word and offers him a seat on the couch. Kyungsoo is comfortable; after all, he has been here a lot when he and Jongin were together.

“How’ve you been?” Of course Kyungsoo starts off with small talk.

“Okay. School’s starting to kick in. Can I get you anything to drink?” Sehun offers.

Kyungsoo shakes his head. “I actually want to finish before Jongin gets back. I’ve done a pretty good job at avoiding him the past few months and I want to keep it that way.” Kyungsoo has a bitter smile on his face, but he doesn’t seem angry. “I know this is long overdue, but I wanted to talk to you about that, if that’s okay with you.”

Sehun gulps and nods, settling down in his armchair. “I assumed you and Jongin talked about it, but I guess not?”

“I understand why we ended, Sehun. I think I understand a lot more than I let on, and definitely a lot more than Jongin thinks I know.” Kyungsoo looks down at his hands and picks at the peeling skin on his thumb. “He never replied to my ‘I love yous’ and he always hesitated when I kissed him. He wasn’t as committed to it as I was.” Kyungsoo looks up. While his nose is beginning to show a pink tinge, his voice and eyes are surprisingly clear. “I always saw the way he looked at you like you were more than his best friend. But for some reason I never understood, you didn’t see it. No offense, but you literally looked like you didn’t care that Jongin was shooting hearts out of his eyes whenever he looked at you.”

“I never realized it,” Sehun says weakly.

“You also never realized that you looked at him with the same affection I do, did you?” Kyungsoo isn’t upset, his tone isn’t sharp. He sounds…disappointed, and Sehun finds that the most upsetting thing of all. “I’m not here to start a war. I came with a peace offering after all. I just wanted to end on a good note.” Kyungsoo sits up a little straighter and sticks his hand out. “Because I’ve grown to really like you two. And I want to stay as friends. If not with Jongin, then at least with you.”

Kyungsoo’s grip is warm.

 

“When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter