July

Safe and Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun is downing his nth shot when Jongin returns from the bathroom. He catches Jongin’s disapproving eye, but continues to pour more soju for himself. Between the two of them, Sehun’s the better drinker. Where Jongin dies out after the first bottle, Sehun can finish three and a can of beer before he begins to slur his words and make weird faces at his friends.

Surprisingly, Jongin doesn’t stop him today, but rather plops down beside Sehun and pour his drinks for him. When Sehun’s finished his second bottle and reaches for the third, Jongin’s hand darts out to grab his wrist.

“Hey, that’s enough.”

Sehun shakes his wrist from Jongin’s hold and blinks slowly. “You can never have enough, Jongin.”

"Is there something on your mind?” Jongin asks. He snatches the bottle out of Sehun’s hand and opens it himself. He waits until Sehun holds his little shot glass up before filling it. “You’ve been spacy.” When Sehun doesn’t even acknowledge his words, he slams the bottle onto the floor.

Sehun whips his head to glare at Jongin. “What the hell?”

“I’ve known you for six years, Sehun. I know you have something in that little head of yours that’s been bugging you since we got here.” Sehun sticks out the glass for a refill, but Jongin refuses to give one to him. “Can you tell me what’s going on?”

Sehun scrunches his face and makes a disappointed noise. “I just want to drink all of my problems away, Jongin, is that too much to ask for?”

“Can you tell me what kind of problems you have so I can help you fix them? I don’t need you going to the hospital for alcohol poisoning because you don’t know what the meaning of enough is,” Jongin argues. He eyes Sehun up and down, taking note of the pink dusting Sehun’s cheeks and the glaze in his eyes. It’s like that one night when they went to the karaoke place. “Sehun, you have to talk to me.”

“Jongin.”

“What?”

“Soju.” Sehun waves his glass and Jongin has to stop himself from slapping it away.

“No.” Jongin brings the bottle to his lips and chugs the rest of it, relishing in the fact that Sehun’s eyes get wider and wider with each gulp. He doesn’t even register the burn until after he’s done and falls into a coughing fit.

Sehun is silent for a moment and then bursts into giggles. “You’re so ing bad at drinking, it’s hilarious.” He sticks his hand under Jongin’s bed and rummages around being bringing out a can of beer. “Are you going to chug this too? I really want to see that.”

Jongin can only groan when Sehun pops the top open and begins to drink with a smile on his face. “I didn’t agree to hide your alcohol stash under my bed, Sehunah.”

“Well, there are a lot of things in the world you don’t have control over.” Sehun his lips. “I want chicken.”

“Shut up. Clean this up before you go to sleep. ing , Sehun. You’re a mess,” Jongin snaps. He has no patience today, so the curses slip out without him meaning to. The look on Sehun’s face is priceless. Jongin musses up his hair and disappears into the bathr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter