August

Safe and Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin and Kyungsoo don’t get back together when the school year resumes.

Sehun doesn’t bother asking why, or rather, he’s too scared that Jongin will snap and they’ll have an awkward rift again. Jongin always has someone to go to, but Sehun doesn’t have anyone to keep him company on lonely days.

Jongin is lounging around in his freaking underwear when Sehun comes home from his morning class – Jongin had planned it so that he wouldn’t have to wake up at seven to go to school – and Sehun makes a strangled noise when he spots him. “God, can you put on clothes please? I have eyes that would like to remain pure.”

“Hey, it’s hot and I don’t need to get dressed until my geology class starts.”

Sehun makes a weird face and in air through his teeth. “Are you passing?”

“Sehunnie, it’s been a week since our third year started. A week! Let me live!” Jongin argues. He flips onto his stomach on the sofa and wiggles his toes in front of the fan. “I don’t want to be a nerd like you.”

Sehun sticks his tongue out in retaliation as he takes out a pot from under the counter to begin cooking their lunch. “I’m just saying that if, I don’t know, we get guests, you’re going to open that door in your underwear and scar the entire world,” he teases. Sehun is surprised to hear nothing in reply to his words. “Jongin?”

“Can I ask you a question?”

Sehun jumps a few inches off the ground when Jongin appears right behind him. “Holy , can you not do that?” He clutches his chest in mock horror, though his heart is beating out of his chest out right now.

But Jongin’s brows are furrowed, in deep thought, and his expression is telling Sehun that he isn’t joking. “I’m serious.”

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Well I can’t take you seriously when you’re wearing donuts.” Sehun gives Jongin’s underwear a pointed look. “They have sprinkles.”

“Sehun, please.”

“Put on clothes and then we’ll talk.”

All of a sudden, one of Jongin’s hands are in his hair, another cupping his cheek gently, and Sehun feels Jongin’s lips on his.

 

Sehun doesn’t know when he caught feelings for Jongin.

Maybe it was since Jongin helped him out of the tree in their second year in high school when Sehun had to climb to the top to grab his shoe that a bully that tossed up there for fun. Sehun didn’t know he was afraid of heights until then and Jongin had made sure that Sehun never forgot it.

Maybe it was the night Jongin snuck out of his house and climbed through Sehun’s window to comfort him after Dad just walked out the front door – and Sehun’s life – for good.

Maybe it was since the day Jongin held him close when both Mom and Hyung were pronounced dead from the accident and Sehun couldn’t even attend the funeral because of all the injuries he sustained. Jongin had whispered sooth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter