March

Safe and Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin cackles as Sehun flails and falls off the armrest of his favorite armchair. His arm hits the table and sends the letters flying, smacking him in the face as if mocking him.

Sehun lets out a frustrated cry as he sits up, staring helplessly at the colorful envelopes strewn around him. “Why do they always do this!” he pouts. “It’s annoying and a waste of perfectly good paper!”

“You have enough candy to last you until next year,” Jongin teases. His arm sweeps across the table, as if presenting to Sehun the already obvious sight.

Sehun groans and rolls his eyes. “I hate candy hearts,” he deadpans.

Jongin has to stop himself from cackling once again. “They loooove you Sehunnie,” he croons, relishing in the fact that Sehun groans and flails around in his pile of love confessions. “Open some of them, will you?” He grins and steals a heart shaped box of chocolates. “I’ll be taking this as payment for being your messenger.” Jongin fake salutes and runs out of the room before Sehun can yell at him.

As he lies down in his bed, Jongin smile slowly turns into a small frown. He holds the box above his head, eyes skimming over the girl’s name and lands on Sehun’s. Using a fingernail, Jongin peels off the sticker label, balls it up, and tosses it onto Sehun’s side of the room. He chews on his lower lip as he peels the plastic wrapping off of the obnoxiously red box. For a moment, Jongin contemplates calling Kyungsoo over to share some, but he remembers how Sehun always finds ways to leave the room when Kyungsoo comes over and crushes the thought.

Does Sehun dislike Kyungsoo or does Sehun dislike the fact that Kyungsoo is male and not female? Jongin finds himself pondering over that thought. He doesn’t even notice that Sehun had entered and slid into his own bed.

“Jongin, you look like you’re thinking so hard your brain is about to combust,” Sehun comments. He pulls out his phone and fiddles around with it flippantly. He sneaks glances at Jongin but doesn’t say much more.

Jongin sighs and puts down the box of chocolates. “Can I ask you something?” Jongin sounds conflicted and Sehun knows that he’s not joking.

“Yeah.”

“Do you like Kyungsoo?”

Sehun coughs. “Yeah, what makes you think I don’t?” He turns to face Jongin. The setting isn’t ideal if they’re going to have this talk right now since Sehun is so comfortable he might fall asleep any second. But he knows that this is an important topic and one that he really needs to be able to figure out himself before he can even answer Jongin.

“Then why do you always make that face whenever he’s around?”

Ah, the damned q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter