Chapter 4

New Things [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:  I hope you enjoy :') <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We need to leave. They know where you live. Look, yes I am an agent but I'm not the bad guy trust me"

"He said you stole something".

He looked annoyed, "I did, it was something that would be dangerous in his hands, look we need to go. I'll take you to a safe house in another town nearby the other side of the city. We'll give you new identities. You'll get to live your normal lives, just safer. Please, I don't want your life to be ruined because of my mistakes. Pack light. Only bring necessities. We can stop at your place on our way," he said while nodding at May. 

Lea and May looked at each other. They knew they were thinking the same thing: He's crazy!  

"We can't just leave all this behind"

"Why not? You both have jobs you can easily replace and no one very close to you lives here except for her and she'll go with you," he stated while pointing at May.

"I have a name. Its May", she scoffed.

JK stared at her. "Mhm," Clearly he was more focused on Lea.

After a little while of convincing, the girls agreed. They were upset though. Lea would never walk in this town every day again and wouldn't be working at the bakery anymore. Even though she didn't do much here, the little that she did, she would miss severely. She would miss the feeling of living here. 

"What about my stuff?" she quietly asked.

JK could see she was pained by the thought of leaving her comfort and her norm. He couldn't be completely honest with her. Not yet, who knows who could be listening?

"Don't worry, we'll send someone to wrap things up," he lied.

They were in the car, Lea in the front and May in the back, JK was driving to an unknown destination for May and Lea after they had stopped at May's apartment for her to grab her necessary items.

"Ok."

The car lurched forward as JK stopped at the side of a quiet and empty highway.

"Listen up. We aren't going to some safehouse bull, I'm taking you to Green Light headquarters, we have some living quarters for temporary stays. You can stay there until this blows over. I had to lie to you guys in your house because knowing Yang, he probably bugged the place. I'll explain everything, to the extent of what I can tell you, given this stuff is pretty top secret, I can't tell you too much but just enough."

"Yas spill that tea". "

JK stared at her, "Ok, ok. So what I said about me being an agent but not th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter