Chapter 2

New Things [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lea walked out of the bakery at 6 pm; it was the end of her shift. Her mind wandered off to that guy she met in the morning. For some reason, she found him very easy to talk to even though she was uncomfortable around most people. He, JK, was odd though because all she knew about him was his name and that he was an assistant for some businessman in the city. He was extremely vague about anything else, answering most questions with things like: "this and that" and "now and then". He had left in a hurry once he spotted something outside with a hasty "I gotta go. Bye!"He was odd. Handsome too though.

She thought about this on her way home to her little condo. Her best friend, May, would be coming over soon. It was the weekend now which meant no work, no getting up early, and staying up late. Finally.

The sound of the doorbell wakes her up from her thoughts. Lea gets up from the couch to open the door for May. Once she opened the door, she realized it wasn't May. It was a man dressed in a black suit with a grey shirt and a green tie. He was holding up a badge. 

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"Ma'am, I work for Green Light (a security agency in the city), I'm going to need to ask you a few questions," he replied.

Lea stepped aside to let him in but nonetheless, she was confused. Nothing went on in her life out of the ordinary, what could the Green Light possibly want to ask her? What's the secret to being a loner? The man was closing the curtains in her living room, looking out the windows. When he's satisfied, he takes a seat at her small dining table and says, "Have a seat, please."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter