Rumor Has It

A Matter of Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For some reasons, Kim Jisoo felt like everyone's gaze is on her.

The weird, sinking feeling started in the morning. She circulated in her routine- she arrived at the office at 8 AM, greeted the morning staff, rode the elevator in silence but something ticks her off. She isn’t sure if its plain paranoia but whenever a colleague meets her sight, their eyes glistened in mischief.

She racked her brains in attempt to scamper bits of what happened during their company night-out but she can’t remember anything exceptional. A dreadful picture suddenly flashed before her- it was she, Oh Sehun and her vomit drenching his pants.

Oh freaking Sehun. Her freaking boss.  She swallowed a scream hovering inside her.

That explains why she's on the run the whole day. She shuffled from room to room, cubicle per cubicle, taking unsolicited favors for anyone so she'll have an excuse not to go back to her seat. Good thing she already finished her tasks the night before. She'd rather tire her legs out than to face the wrath of Rudehun.  

It was only half of the day but her body is already killing her. She's used to sitting all day so moving beyond her limit wore down her muscles. Her back hit her seat and she sighed from comfort. She reached for her water bottle and grunted when she found it empty. Refilling it means another trip away from her chair. Anothet trip means further exhaustion.  Her face contorted in irritation yet she got up and head to the pantry.

Chanyeol, Rose and Baekhyun were doing their casual routine of sharing office gossips when she entered. Jisoo’s not sure whether she was more taken aback when they stopped at the sight of her or when they simultaneously started clapping like seals. Baekhyun’s grin turned wider as he approached her.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t our lucky friend!” He said joyously, his tone ringing of celebration.

“Jisoo-ah, I know very well that you’re beautiful but to have a boyfriend not more than two weeks after your first meeting? That’s incredible!”

Jisoo went past the three and started filling her tumbler with water. She closed the lid and began sipping a bit of it.

“What are you guys talking about?” Million questions raced inside her mind in an instant. She tried formulating answers onto what they're wallowing about but she’s left with more questions.

“Eonnie, you know you can tell us everything, right?” Rose said, smiling. She replied with a nod. The three crowded her and looked at her with excitement.

“Tell us Jisoo-ah, are the rumors true? Are you really dating manager Oh?”

Jisoo spilled the water she’s drinking because of Chanyeol.The last thing she r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter