Aftermath

A Matter of Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rumors for Oh Sehun are no more than lies in form of whispers. Hushed voices sealed to spread doubt to another person. Murmurs, which can destroy reputation. He should know, for he learned it the hard way.

So when a petty gossip about his "alleged" relationship with Kim Jisoo turned their office upside down, Sehun just breezed. He didn't heed any of it and was expecting the female to do the same. But as he watch Kim Jisoo scramble at the sight of him, he concluded he must be wrong.

She hurriedly went back inside the elevator and escaped to God knows where. A deep sigh escaped his lips.

Maybe one day he’ll come to understand her..

The rumor started at the night of their team night-out. Apparently, one of their co-workers saw them when they almost kissed and assumed they were dating behind everyone's backs. It didn't affect him but the way his male colleagues maliciously congratulated him as if Kim Jisoo is some sort of a prize made his blood boil.

She was beautiful but evasive, they said. They asked him what was his secret.

He walked out as soon as he heard those remarks. He’s new and  doesn't want to brew trouble.

---

Jisoo's breathing eased as soon as she entered the elevator. She knows Oh Sehun noticed her unusual behavior but she couldn't care less. Basing on her racing pulse, seeing him in the morning is not healthy for her heart.

She landed on the rooftop and decided to stay for a few minutes. She needs a pause to sort her mind.

A few male co-workers were smoking when she arrived. Their eyes instantly caught her, making their lips curve into a small smile. She snickered internally. She never felt comfortable under their stares.

"Good morning Jisoo-ssi," one of her sunbaes, Park Sang Won, approached her.

She hated this one particularly, as he always uses his seniority card over her. Jisoo unconsciously adjusted her pencil skirt, desperately trying to make it look longer. Sangwon huffed a smoke and looked at her from head to toe. Jisoo shivered. His mere gaze is enough to make her run to her toes.

"You look beautiful as usual, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter