Expectations Vs. Reality

A Matter of Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sangwon-ssi from the marketing department was fired.

Yeah... I heard it's because he harassed Jisoo-ssi.

Heol. So she and Sehun were dating for real?

Augh… I told you something’s wrong about him! His aura throws me off.

To think he saw us wearing bikinis last company vacation.

Jisoo stepped iniside the elevator and silently absorbed the whispers. It's barely 9 in the morning yet her ears buzz from the day’s gossips. The termination of Park Sangwon caught everybody’s attention, causing the allegations about her relationship with Sehun to intensify. She wanted to remind them that he only removed him because of the numerous ual complaints about him but she didn’t bother. She’s far too tired to explain.

She skipped work on Friday but Chanyeol kept her updated. Her breathing felt lighter after knowing what happened but at some point, it felt surreal. Jisoo had worked with him for months; spent most of her days scared of his malicious gazes; tried her best not to engage in a conversation so she doesn’t have to dwell on his tasteless humor so knowing that she doesn’t have to be so careful felt weird in a good way.

Jisoo exited the loft and her vision trailed off to Sangwon's desk. It was nearly empty except with a few scattered pens and papers.

A renewed sense of calm hung low in their office. It felt as if she was submerged underwater and after months of silently screaming for help, she was finally saved.

She walked through the pantry to get her morning coffee when she saw Baekhyun and Rose bickering by the latter’s desk. The male was leaning on Rose’s space and was teasing her quietly. They seemed absorbed in their own little world that no one greeted her. She was about to pass by when Baekhyun suddenly called for her.

"Jisoo-yah! Come here!" Baekhyun gestured her to join them. She beeline and sat on an empty chair beside Rose. She’s unsure but something is different about her. She had always been a beauty but her eyes radiated in a way that made her shine.

"Rose-yah, you look different today." Jisoo eyed her curiously. Her glowing aura tells her that she’s in a special place. A boyfriend maybe? Only by then that Jisoo realized that she had known her for months yet she has no idea about the latter's romantic affairs.

“Our friend, whom I don’t know if we can still call a friend has been hiding a secret to us for months,” Baekhyun said, emphasizing the word ‘friend’. He released his words slowly, tasting the bitterness on his mouth.

Rose chuckled and lightly hit him with her left palm. Her finger glistened with the bright corporate light. Jisoo snatched her hand as a wide gasp spread on her face.

Sitting on Rose’s fourth finger is a simple rose-gold ring with a small diamond. She lifted her vision towards the future bride and wordlessly gaped at her. Rose nodded and they simultaneously erupted to a giggle.

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!CONGRATULATIONS!" Happiness and shock hit her all at once. Rose is one of her good friends and seeing her happy makes her feel the same way. The two females hugged tightly as they jumped together.

"Yes unnie!!I’m getting married!”

“Wait! You can’t celebrate until she apologize! She kept it as a secret to us for months!” Baekhyun cut through their celebration. He separated them and strayed Jisoo away from Rose. Rose went back to her seat and looked at Baekhyun lovingly.

“Okay. Okay. I’m sorry! It’s just that we’re still finding the perfect ring so I decided not to tell anyone first.”

“What! Your fiance proposed to you without the ring?! That’s red flag Rose, break up with him!” Baekhyun dramatically stated.

“Hey stop it, you’re scaring her! If she decided to runaway the fault is all yours!”

“It’s okay unnie, I don’t think I’ll ever runaway. I mean Jinyoung is perfect.” Jis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter