Chapter 20

I want you to know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two girls sit in a dead silent room. Sowon and Eunha 'went out to buy some snacks and drinks for them'. Well, both Yerin and Yuju know that's not the truth. But they aren't complaining at all. 

 

Yuju is fidgeting with her fingers while shifting in her seat nervously. She has a foolish request in her mind that she wants to ask the other girl. But she is too afraid to take the risk. Too scared of the possible consequences. And she also thinks that it might be too selfish of her to be asking. After all, she is the one who's leaving. 

 

The older girl is also seems to be having a hard time initiating a conversation. It's not that Yerin is scared to talk to the younger girl. There's seem to be an invisible wall in between them which is stopping them from advancing to each other. 

 

"Are you feeling okay?" 

 

"Yeah...A bit dizzy but I will be okay." 

 

"..."

 

"Taehyung oppa told me that you quitted that job." 

 

"Ah...he did?"

 

The room falls in silence once again as they avoided one other's eyes. Yerin suddenly finds the window interesting.

 

Yuju whispers under her breath, "Stupid." 

 

Yerin barely managed to hear what she said, after all they are the only ones up in this ungodly hour. Except for the couple who went out to 'buy snacks'. 

 

"Did you really have to go into that guy's office? Can't you just tell them you are quitting and walk away from that god damn cafe? Do you know how much you made me worry?" Yuju rumbled her words without lifting her head. She couldn't keep in her emotions anymore. No matter how she thinks about it, she can't understand what the older girl was thinking when she walked into that bastard's office. 

 

When she knew that Yerin was sent to the hospital, she went out of her mind. Her minds filled with what ifs as she silently prays inside. She felt her heart drop when she saw Yerin unconscious on the hospital bed. 

 

Yerin was baffled and speechless. She doesn't know how to reply to the younger girl. But a blush creeps upon her face. "W-well? I had something to settle with him. That's why...but now that I did it, I feel free. Although it was a bit of a brainless act. I am sorry. I had no idea how much you were worried for me." Yerin is met with an equal desperate eyes staring back into hers when Yuju finally decided to look up. 

"Because you didn't tell me or show me that you are...." a whisper follows. 

 

"You will always make me worry for you Jung Yerin. You are that important to me...." Yuju's eyes never left from hers as she said it. 

 

Yerin felt butterflies in her stomach as she stares back into Yuju's eyes. She can feel the love and affection leaking from the other girl. It flutters her heart knowing that Yuju cares so much about her. 

 

After all those things I did to her...she still cares for me....

 

Both of the girls are in love with each other, they can't deny it anymore. But the circumstances are not giving them a chance to tie their fate. If Yuju hadn't give in to her mom's decision, if Yerin had been more open and made herself clear, if the expectations of their parents are not too big onto them, what would they be now? Friends? Lovers?

 

Yerin doesn't want to think about it anymore. What's done is done, they can't change it back anymore. Even though they don't say it out loud, they both realize it deep inside. 

 

If the situation is reversed, Yerin wouldn't let her go. She would hug her tight in her arms and flirt embarrassingly with her everyday. Yerin makes up her mind, whether Yuju's leaving or n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter