Sick

OnHo Family

Head pounding, chills running down his limbs, his stomach doing its own dance to make his life miserable. Minho groaned the moment he opened his eyes and started to curl inwards. He hated being sick the most. People like him don't get sick often but when they do, they will be out of action the whole duration of the illness which can take up to weeks. Times like this, he missed being away from home. Being the youngest in his family, he would get special privileges. Often taking advantage of them and caused Minseok, his older brother to be jealous. If he was back home right now, his mom would be pampering him with homecooked porridges, covering him with blankets and giving him healing hugs and kisses.

 

 

 

 

A cough interrupted his thoughts and caused him to groan again as his symptoms seemed to be getting worse but there was no one to take care of him. He could try to reach for his handphone at the bedside table to call for his mom but he felt it was a bit troublesome for her to come all the way to Seoul from Incheon just to treat him. Not to mention, Minseok would take this opportunity to call him a 'Mommy's boy'. Well, that fact was true but he just did not want Minseok to have the upper hand to torment him at every family gathering.

 

 

 

 

Next person that came to his mind was Jinki hyung. However, before the idea could take root in his mind, he squashed it down. Jinki hyung would be busy with his final exams and besides, he did not want Jinki hyung to get whatever illness he's having. Kibum? Nope, not a good idea. He would most probably nagged at him which will make his condition worse. Jonghyun hyung? He would be busy with his cafe and now that him and Kibum were together, Kibum would definitely tagged along if he were to ask Jonghyun hyung for help. Feeling helpless and frustrated at the same time, Minho just closed his eyes again and prayed that it would be over soon.

 

 

 

The next time he woke up was to the sound of his phone ringing incessantly. Minho shivered as he pulled his blanket closer. Blindly groping around for his phone, he felt a small victory when his fingers touched it. "H..Hello?" He asked before a coughing fit interrupted his words. He vaguely heard someone gasping on the other line and spoke to him but his mind was too fuzzy to make out the words. The voice on the other line was left hanging as questions asked were not answered.

 

 

 

 

In his dream, Minho felt the warmth of his beloved hyung caressing his hair before a wet cloth was placed over his forehead with light kisses over his cheeks as he whispered for Minho to get well soon. He could hear the sweet voice singing as sounds of someone cooking while the flavourful smells permeated his nostrils. It was enough to make his stomach growled in hunger, reminding him that he had not eaten for the whole day. Praying that a miracle would happened and somehow, his mother got transported to his home, Minho forced his body to move towards the kitchen with his blanket wrapped around his body.

 

 

 

"H..Hyung?"

 

 

 

Jinki was surprised when he heard Minho's voice that he dropped the ladle onto the pot, causing Minho to wince against the loud noise. "Oh my.. You surprised me there, baby. Wanted to make this for you before you wake up though. I have to warn you. I only know how to make chicken porridge. So, you are stuck with eating that only, okay?"

 

 

 

As Minho looked at Jinki with the apron on his body, looking all cute and adorable, he thought that he would gladly eat chicken porridge for the rest of his life if it meant that he would get this treatment from Jinki always. Chicken porridge cooked with love.... Yup, that's the best medicine ever..

 

 

 

He also wondered if Jinki hyung could give him healing hugs and kisses too...

 

 

 

A/N : Had a sudden inspiration to create this chapter coz I'm sick too like Minho.. Kinda wished I have a Jinki to make me porridge though :(