One year ago

Brother or boyfriend?

Mother has cancer. She is in big pains and because of it she is even more cruel. There is still the same maid as last year and she helps mother with torturing Taehyung.

The maid now can slap his hands if Taehyung does something like covering his ears or playing with his hair. And i can only watch if I don’t want him to be in mental hospital. I am working hard on fulfilling my dream and usually come home around dinner time. 

 

But today i come home earlier. One meeting with recording company was canceled so i drive home. I don’t want to speak with mother because she always laughs to my dreams and speaks how stupid it is and that i am wasting my life, that i am clever too much to only sing. So i sneaked inside the house and hear mother's voice from the living room. I hide inside pantry and fell few tears on my cheeks. Is my music bad? I should give up and have no more dreams. I am disturbed by steps in the kitchen and peeked from gap between the pantry's door and doorframe. The maid walks to the freezer and takes something from it.

 

Why is blanket in the freezer?

She goes away with the blanket and i quietly follow her. Mother and Taehyung are standing in his small room and mother is harshly undressing him. Maid unfold the blanket on floor and together they laid down Taehyung. He is whining and they tightly wrapped him in the blanket and then add another one. Taehyung cant move and whined again. He is squirming to get out of the tight blankets but it is useless.

 

"I see big progress when you cant move and cant play with your fingers or hair. One day you will be valuable son."

 

I silently cry and pray for soon end. After almost one hour mother came out of his bedroom and saw me standing there. I point with my shaking finger at her.

 

"I hate you and i hope that there is special place in hell for people like you."

 

Six months later she died. Mother simply went to bed and next morning she was dead. Father arranged her funeral and we are sitting in first row in church. Few people are looking curiously at Taehyung who is playing with his hair and rocks back and forth. I put my hand on his shoulder while father is killing him with his cold and hard stare. After the funeral we drive home and eat dinner in silence until father looked at Taehyung who is chewing every bite thirteen times.

 

"I found good place for you Taehyung. You are leaving tomorrow."

 

I put my chopsticks down and got up.

"No. I am taking Taehyung with me."

With that i take his hand in mine and lead him in his room. This is the last straw. Mother would have never allowed to take Taehyung with me in my flat but i wont be silent anymore. I pack his things while he is solving puzzle with picture of tigers drinking water from river. I am done with packing his things because he doesn’t have much. I put the two boxes in my car and go back for him. I found him standing on threshold of father's office. Father is reading some documents and doesn’t even look at his second son but he looked at me.

"You will give up soon too, he belongs to mental asylum."

 

I glared at him and rub Taehyung's back.

 

"Come, Tae we need to drive to Seoul."

Taehyung nods and grabs my hand. I buckled his seatbelt and start to drive to Seoul. I have apartment with two bedrooms, kitchen and living room. It isn’t so huge as our maison but i will create home full of love for him.