Two years ago

Brother or boyfriend?

AN: This whole story is written from Namjoon's point of view and only some parts arent so dont be confused. And now enjoy .. 

 

In moment when i stepped inside our house i can hear Taehyung from upstairs. I hurry upstairs and stormed inside bathroom from where are coming his cry and scream. Taehyung is in bathtub full of water and ice cubes while our maid hold him in the water.

 

"Stay inside you retard!"

She doesn’t know that i am here so she is treating my younger brother like no one is around. She pushed his head under the water and his scream is silenced by it.

 

I pushed her away and lift Taehyung from the icy cold water.

"Hyung!"

Taehyung wrapped his lanky hands around my waist and water is dropping from his body. Taehyung is looking at me with fearful eyes and shakes in cold.

 

"He needed to calm down.

 

I just want to punch the maid right into her stupid face. She wanted to calm down autistic Taehyung by almost drowning him in bathtub.

 

"You have no right to hurt Taehyung. Leave."

 

She huffed and walked away but stopped on threshold.

 

"Maybe young master should ask his mother."

I frowned and she is finally gone. I kneeled down in front of Taehyung and wrapped him in big towel.

 

"Better baby?"

 

Taehyung nods and pokes my dimples with his finger. I let him do it 13 times because he does many things 13 times. He chews his food 13 times, flicks light switch 13 times and other things. But as long as he is calm and happy i am ok with it. Yes it sometimes drives me crazy when he repeats some word 13 times but i know how hard is his life.

 

Taehyung doesn’t go to school. He is almost 20 but his only education is elementary school for kids like him. Our family is rich so i asked my parents countless times why they didn't pay for private tutor for Taehyung. 

 

"It would be waste of money, he is useless anyway."

I feel bad that i can study while he is in house alone only with our maid and mother who doesn’t pay him nice kind of attention. I am studying music and i need to focus on writing my songs but i try to be with him as much as possible. Taehyung is always so happy when i come home, like a small puppy.

 

I lift him and carry him in his bedroom. I lay him on his bed and find his favorite loose shorts and shirt. I help him to get dressed and then tucked him under blanket.

 

"Take a nap and hyung will be back soon okay?"

 

I walked downstairs to speak with mother about what the maid did. But she only shrugged.

 

"Joon i told her to do anything to calm him down. I am his mother so i can do what i think that it is best for him."

I stand there completely thunderstruck and then hear that father is home. I go to his office and try to convince him.

 

"Father you need to find different maid."

 

"No Namjoon. I am not going to search for another maid just because that she tried to handle Taehyung.”

I bite my tongue to not yell at him. They are the ones who aren’t okay in their heads. They cant do this to Taehyung!

But what i can say? Once i attacked father when he was spanking Taehyung with belt. Taehyung had meltdown because father forced him to wear socks which Taehyung hates. It wasn’t his fault, it was clear that he doesn’t want them and then father got mad because of his yelling. I ripped the belt from his hand and punched him in chest. Then father told me that if i step in his or mother's way like this again, they will send Taehyung in mental hospital. It wouldn’t be better and at least here i can be with him.

 

I walked away from his office and meet the cruel maid. She smirked and i curled my hands into fists.

I am 23, one more year and i will be out of college. Then i will take Taehyung with me and together we will leave. I am repeating this in my head and go to his room. Taehyung is sleeping and i his hair. 

"Why were you born into this family?"

 

I whisper and think about the families who have kids like Taehyung but they are treating them with love. My little brother is perfect, no, he is beyond perfection. I love him so much but i cant help him. I can only give him my full love but it isn’t enough. Taehyung suddenly stirred and opened his eyes.

"Hyung."

 

He whined and i hug him around neck.

 

"Dinner will be soon."

 

I hand him clothes and help him to change. Then we go my to room and i am changing too. Taehyung is observing my laptop. It has silver case and he is fascinated by shinning objects. I am done and gently pat his shoulder to show him that it is time to go.

We go downstairs and sit around mahogany dining table. We start to eat when suddenly mother harshly put her cutlery on the table.

"Stop counting little freak and swallow!"


I look at Taehyung and see that he is close to crying. He is chewing every bite for 13 times and mother knows what he is doing.

"Swallow!"

She yells right into his face and grabbed his chin. She forces him to look at her. Taehyung doesn’t like eye contact, he can do it only with me. He forcefully swallowed and mother shoved another spoon of rice inside his mouth. Maid hands her spray bottle with water and mother sprayed Taehyung's face.

 

"I will learn you how to be normal."

She is training him like a pet. When he does something what is bad in her eyes she will spray him in face. Mother dragged her chair closer to Taehyung and feeds him. She is almost finished when father got up from the table.

"We don’t have time for this. We need to go to the ball."

 

Mother nods and sent me to get dressed. I quickly changed into black suit and go to the dining room. Taehyung is still sitting there and cries. I wipe his tears with napkin and hand him glass of water. He slowly drinks and i lead him to living room. We sit down and i am patting his back and hum soft melody in his ear to calm him down. It is miracle that he hasn’t had a meltdown.

Father is already dressed in black suit and walks in the living room where i am sitting on couch with Taehyung. Father grabbed his wrist and forced him to stand up. I know what is coming next. When we all three go out Taehyung is locked in attic. There are only small windows and nothing what he could ruin so parents always locked him there. 

Father drags Taehyung upstairs and then opened the attic's door.

"But he was good. Let him stay in his room just for tonight. Please father it is winter, Taehyung will be cold."

Father is like deaf to my pleas and locked the door.

 

"Come, your mother is ready."

 

Father put his hand on my shoulder and we walked downstairs where is mother waiting in black gown. She fixed my tie and tells me how good i look in suit.


I walked out of the house and turned back. I see Taehyung's face pressed to the small attic window. Father sees that i am watching Taehyung and pushed me to car.

 

"In attic are useless things."

 

I am standing in front of our house with hand on car's door handle. Tears are stinking in my eyes and father told me to get in the damn car or we will be late. I get in and sit next to my mother on back seat. I am forcing myself to not turn back to the house or i will see Taehyung again.

No one's POV

Taehyung is watching his family leaving. Soon the car drives out of the tall gate and disappear. 

Taehyung just doesn’t understand why. Why did his father lock him here again? He is wailing like a wounded animal and bangs on the locked door.

 

"Hyung out!"

 

His fists are soon bruised and still no one has saved him. Then he is only yelling on top of his lungs. It is too much for him. He has feeling like his skin is burning up and his brain is screaming inside his skull. Taehyung starts to run around the attic with ear piercing yelling. Then he throws himself against the walls until he collapsed on ground. Soon Taehyung is too exhausted and fainted with big bruise on his forehead and bleeding scratches on his arms.