Bellflowers

Language of Flowers

Bellflowers - "Thinking of you"

There he was again, tidying up the beautiful red roses in front of the flower shop. But honestly, he’s even more beautiful than any kind of flower.

I met him about 2 weeks ago, when my boss, who’s also my cousin, sent me off to buy flowers for the tables. He greeted me and helped me picked some nice flowers, giving me brief information about them.  I work in my cousin’s café just across the road to help me with my university fee. Even though I usually work on evening shifts after lectures, whenever I have late classes I always take morning shifts just to see him.

Key… He’s beautiful, absolutely beautiful. His fair, smooth skin that seems to glow under the morning sun, his pink, plump lips that looks so kissable, his dark brown hair that I want to tangle my fingers into, he’s just perfect. But the thing I love the most about him are his eyes. He has this stare that you in. A deep, focused, intense, alluring gaze from his feline-like eyes…  Damn, he’s just amazing. Don’t even get me started about his dazzling smile. I could go on ages just talking about him.

“Jonghyun, you’re staring again.” Jinki snapped me out from my thoughts. I straightened up and cleared my throat.

“Hyung, don’t scare me like that. And I’m not staring!” He only chuckled and sipped his morning coffee.

“Yeah, right, Jonghyun. And I hate chicken.” I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm. Everyone knew he is obsessed about chicken. That’s like, common knowledge.

“Okay fine maybe I was. Just a bit won’t harm anyone, you know.” I groaned and grabbed a cup of coffee for my morning caffeine boost.

“I didn’t say it’s harmful. What I’m trying to say is: get out there and talk to him! Lately you’ve been getting morning lectures and today is one of the rare days that you have afternoon classes. You’ve talked to him once, why can’t you do you it again Jonghyun.” His cellphone suddenly rang and after seeing who was calling, a big smile graced his face. “Be right back. And if you’re still here when I’m back, you’re gonna have to pay for that coffee.” He smirked and stormed off to the kitchen.

I contemplated whether I should go and talk to him or not. The café was still empty so it wasn’t a problem to leave it just for a bit. But I couldn’t just walk up to him and say hi, could I? I mean, we’ve only met and talked once and it was-

“Hello?”

Oh God.

“Oh, hi Jonghyun-hyung!”

He was standing right in front of me.

“H-hey, Key.” He smiled his award-winning, beautiful, sweet, adorable smile.

“I’m glad you still remember me. Jinki-hyung just called and said that he needs some purple bellflowers for the table décor.” He held up a basket full of purple bellflowers and grinned.

“Oh? Really? Well he didn’t tell me anything about flowers. But thank you for delivering it. So, how much do I owe you?” He pondered and saw the menu on the table.

“How about a breakfast and a company?” I grinned and nodded right away.

. : : .

“So, Jonghyun-hyung. Do you know that flowers have meanings?” He fiddled with the bellflowers in the small vase on the table. We finished our breakfast and we decided to sit down and chat over coffee.

“No I don’t. What does this one mean then?”

“It means “thinking of you”. Pretty, isn’t it?” He had this particular look every time he looks at flowers. This fondness, like a special bond towards flowers that not many people would understand.

“You know your flowers, don’t you?” He looked up and nodded.

“I love flowers. Every single one of them is special in its own way.” I hummed in reply, quite understanding what he was talking about.

“Jonghyun-hyung, I better go. Thank you so much for the delicious food and coffee! Send Jinki-hyung my regards.” He got up and walked towards the door.

“I’ll see you soon, Key?” I called out to him without even realizing what I was saying. He turned around and grinned at me.

“Of course!”

. : : .